My diagnosis of the the Marlins...

CapeFish

Jack is managing too much by the book. JP is not running right. Castillo is having mental shutdowns. Lowell and Cabrera can't work any harder. Choi is as hot as can be. Conine is on the comeback trail, but his bat still is hurting us. Gonzalez is absolutely horrid right now. Redmond is playing too much, Treanor too little. The starting pitching really isn't at the top of their game. The bullpen is absolutely unpredictable.

My answers:

1) Fire Bill Robinson and get a new person from either the minors or outside the organization. Do not use Perez or Dawson.

2) Get the big bat for the outfield.

3) Get 2 bullpen guys off the cheap wire.

437559[/snapback]

Jack is managing too much by the book. JP is not running right. Castillo is having mental shutdowns. Lowell and Cabrera can't work any harder. Choi is as hot as can be. Conine is on the comeback trail, but his bat still is hurting us. Gonzalez is absolutely horrid right now. Redmond is playing too much, Treanor too little. The starting pitching really isn't at the top of their game. The bullpen is absolutely unpredictable.

My answers:

1) Fire Bill Robinson and get a new person from either the minors or outside the organization. Do not use Perez or Dawson.

2) Get the big bat for the outfield.

3) Get 2 bullpen guys off the cheap wire.

437559[/snapback]

sounds like a plan . . .

437562[/snapback]

Now let me get more in depth.

1) Bring in Edwin Rodriguez from AA Carolina to be the hitting coach.

2) I would get Marquis Grissom or Brad Wilkerson.

3) This can be done around the waiver wire time like we did with Fox last year.

4) Plus move Tony Taylor to be the third base coach and move Jeff Cox to the bullpen.

437565[/snapback]

Its not Robinson - these guys are just sleepwalking through games.

437595[/snapback]

It's Robinson. He can't deal with it. His wife spotted a problem on TV in one of our hitters and told him which led to that player going on a good streak. You know it's bad when his wife told him while casually watching the game on TV. It think it was Cabrera.

I think right now you have to make a move with the lineup. I think the best options are to put either Conine 3 or Choi (yes, Choi) 3. But tonight, Choi got up twice leading off innings and made something happen. So he is valuable where he is and seems comfortable hitting there.

I dont think Conine's bat is hurting us at all - he had a couple of good at bats and dont forget he was on second base in the 9th inning.

I think we can get Grissom with a good prospect or two. Reason why you ask...the Giants are losing money and must dump payroll. that is an order from the Gnats management.

437594[/snapback]

Cape use some sense. The Giants are in first place, they're not giving up Grissom no matter how their financial situation is. Playoff races=$ that's not to hard to figure out.

anytime you want to get off the Conine bandwagon Jonny, you be sure to let us know

Niner has had all of 5 big hits all year... he has SUCKED... I dont want him with a bat in his hands with runners on base.... then again, besides Lowell nd Cabs, I dont want anyone else with a bat in their hands with runners on base

I think we can get Grissom with a good prospect or two. Reason why you ask...the Giants are losing money and must dump payroll. that is an order from the Gnats management.

437594[/snapback]

Cape use some sense. The Giants are in first place, they're not giving up Grissom no matter how their financial situation is. Playoff races=$ that's not to hard to figure out.

437605[/snapback]

fran,

It is very bad in San Fran. Rent and payroll is getting hard to make. When you have over 100 partners in the ownership group, many of which have stockholders, winning doesn't matter....$$$ does.

Guest Moneyball

I think the offense is struggling, but I am not so sure getting another bat in the OF is the answer. Conine needs to play. I think that a lot of problems could be solved if we put the right mix in the lineup.

you guys need to get it thru your heads, this is the offense.

The MArlins certainly don't need Grissom---too old, lost a step talk would run rampant on posts if the team did acquire him. Wilkerson would cost too much from the farm and there isn't much on the big league roster worth trading for him. Firing Robinson while a novel idea, won't solve much either as Lowell appears to have blossomed under his instruction and he's been the hitting coach for two world champions. Taylor as 3b coach? That doesn't make much sense either, he would be my first choice as a coach to fire, he's a jinx look what they did last year without him and look what the team has done with him on the ML coaching staff.

437594[/snapback]

437605[/snapback]

fran,

It is very bad in San Fran. Rent and payroll is getting hard to make. When you have over 100 partners in the ownership group, many of which have stockholders, winning doesn't matter....$$$ does.

437612[/snapback]

winning=$

Grissom isn't exactly a big stress on their payroll either.

I think right now you have to make a move with the lineup. I think the best options are to put either Conine 3 or Choi (yes, Choi) 3. But tonight, Choi got up twice leading off innings and made something happen. So he is valuable where he is and seems comfortable hitting there.

I dont think Conine's bat is hurting us at all - he had a couple of good at bats and dont forget he was on second base in the 9th inning.

437603[/snapback]

Conine's bat wouldn't be hurting us if he were batting in the 7th spot, but he's been batting 5th and he's not driving in runs.

I'd like to see Choi moved up though too. Maybe throw him in the 2 hole and move JP down to 7th or 8th until he starts hitting again.

Enough ripping Conine. He isnt hurting this offense right now.

Tonight, he had 2 LOB. Lowell had 3. So please, dont make this out to be Conine's fault. He is fine - not spectacular - but fine.

And Ramp, I am not on Conine's bandwagon - I AM DRIVING IT! He can be a great asset at the 3 hole. He makes a lot of contact. He could push JP and Castillo over and put them in a better position for Lowell and Cabs to score them. Even get on base himself and watch those solo homers from Lowell become 2 run shots.