Dontrelle could be tipping his pitches?

Teal Shadow

In a scouting reporting going around Willis could be tipping his pitches. A professional scout said "during his delivery, he raises his glove much higher when throwing his hard slider or backdoor breaking ball, which tips his pitches to hitter" If I were the Marlins, I would be a little concern, if other scouts are picking up on this it won't be long before the players of other team do the same. :confused

I honestly don't think that matters... By the time he is that far through his wind-up, the hitters won't have much time to process that anyway...

I wouldn't worry, and if there was something wrong, I am sure they would have fixed it by now... It seems he's has done amazing dispite that anyway...

Guest marlins02

I honestly don't think that matters... By the time he is that far through his wind-up, the hitters won't have much time to process that anyway...

I wouldn't worry, and if there was something wrong, I am sure they would have fixed it by now... It seems he's has done amazing dispite that anyway...

Of course it matters, these are professional hitters, as soon as they notice or its pointed out to them they will adjust. He's only been in the bigs for a month or so. but im confident that if its true, than they will work with him and help him get rid of the habit.

Guest marlins02

but this is first year in the bigs. you cant compare the bigs to the minors, and high school, here it'll catch up with him. if his prior coaches in the minors and high school noticed it they would and should've worked on his mechanics. theres also the possibility that its something that just developed since he came up. and of course there's the possibility that this scout is mistaken.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.