Write-In Poll

:D Hello everyone, I am posting on your forum for the first time, but have followed it for a while now. The reason I posted this write-in poll is because I am a diehard Marlins fan who goes to about 10 games a year (I live in SW Florida) and watch all the games I can on TV.

What is the biggest pet peeve that stops you from going to the game?

Here are some possible reasons I see used

- Rain (Needs A Roof)

- Sickness (Cough Cough)

- Cost (Wayne is driving us up the wall with $4.25 Hot Dogs and $9 Parking :banghead )

- Traffic (The Turnpike is all torn up again and the Century Village Drivers are out :hat )

- Bad Team (When Applicable :( )

- Stadium Location (North Miami :unsure : )

What would make you go?

If you could answer these questions it would be helpful,

Thank You,

CapeFish

Well, seeing that I live on the opposite side of Dade (Southern). I don't see nothing wrong with going to the games....

1.) You go to a movie and pay more or less the same for concessions.

2.) Rain....it happens in spring training also and people sit through it at football games. So not a reason there either. It can be pouring at my house and nothing at the stadium.

3.) Turnpike ain't that bad. There's 3 lanes open instead of the 2 last year.

4.) Location isn't that bad. It's central.

I usually go to a good 50-60 games per season....28 planned, if you will, from my season tickets...and they other are just random....I usually get home at 11:30 or 12am...But's all good.

Personally I Hate The Seats, They are not facing home and are small compared to other ballparks, But It Is A Football Stadium (Cram 'em in there to watch the Phins).

The food is no longer a problem for me since I eat before I go with the 7:05 starting time when I am in town to visit.

I wish they would have Sunday Night Games at aroung 6 PM like Saturday Nights, the Heat is a killer for many. The saturday attendance recently has been tremendous!

Personally I Hate The Seats, They are not facing home and are small compared to other ballparks, But It Is A Football Stadium (Cram 'em in there to watch the Phins).

About the seats, it's expected. As you said, it is a football stadium.

The food is no longer a problem for me since I eat before I go with the 7:05 starting time when I am in town to visit.

I do the same or you take food to the stadium...Either or will work. But if you put it in perspective, at Dolphin Mall Cinemas, a combo of Chicken strips and fries will cost you $8.50...plus the drink...and I won't even start on Muvico's prices.

I wish they would have Sunday Night Games at aroung 6 PM like Saturday Nights, the Heat is a killer for many. The saturday attendance recently has been tremendous!

If anything 4pm like they used to be, not 6pm. 2 hours makes a huge difference.

All in all, if you like the team and you are in South Florida, then you make sacrifices to see them. Personally, there shouldn't be any excuses as why people don't go to games. That's just my opinion.

After living in SW Miami for 7 years, people in Miami will complain and make excuses for anything! The best thing to do is solve the problem to the best of your ability.

4 pm doesn't seem too bad, but 6 pm would be better for people like me out in Fort Myers or in the Palm Beaches because the game would end around 9 pm and I would get home at about 11:30-ish.

If it started at 4 PM it would probably end at 7 PM and you would still have the hot sun and still have to drive in twilight/nighttime.

I'd rather have little sun throughout the game (cooler and more people show). I could also get in at 4 PM eat dinner and go to the game.

People anywhere will make excuses for anything....not just Miami. You can try to solve it but this organization has taken steps to do so.

4pm is fine especially on a SUNDAY. As for Palm Beachers, there's some on here.....and well some take an 30-60 mins to get to the stadium, similar to myself who's on in SW Dade.

Thank You for the Warm Welcome! :)

This Organization Has Tried. Closing the upper deck was great, it feels like more people are there and the prices have come down from what I have seen for tickets (Outfeild Reserve $10 to $9).

People complain everywhere, but Miami (being a town that is built around tourism) expects a higher standard of service for lower prices than everywhere else. We can dream, but the Marlins do a great job solving difficult problems dealing with customer service.

Now if they could get the Domino players on Calle Ocho to skip a game of dominoes or two and come to the ballgame LOL :)

CapeFish

Now if they could get the Domino players on Calle Ocho to skip a game of dominoes or two and come to the ballgame LOL :)

Ok...you did not just go there.

People complain EVERYWHERE regardless of where you are. Yes it's tourism and the "highest expectations," yes I'm sure. Customer service doesn't exist here.

Why dont they set up a domino section at the ballpark then?

Das, that's just a stereotype.....I guess people on here don't realize the purpose of Marlins Fiesta Latina....

Marlins Customer Service is not stadium food stands. That is the stadium/Dolphins contracted company.

For example, if you have more than 90 min. rain delay, you get a rain check for another game, that's the best rain delay policy in sports! That's good customer service!

Q:What ever happened to the customer is right?

A: Gone because companies think that customers are punching bags. Terrible :(

Have A Nice Day :) CapeFish