Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should we sell or buy?

Featured Replies

As a fish fan I'm thinking I want this team to be as good as we can be. But how good can we be? Lets say we add Walker (who when healthy is the best player in our rumor mill), I'm not convinced we make it to the playoffs, let alone do anything great.

 

I think I have come to the conclusion that instead its time to sell. We have major league level talent available. From the field Choi or Conine are expendable. Choi because he doesn't play everyday, and Conine because of his salary (although I think he will retire). Addittionally depending on who we get in return I would listen to offers for Pierre, Castillo, and Gonzalez. On the pitching staff Pavano or Penny, and Benitez are expendable for the right players, because its unlikely we sign them all.

 

So who do we need? Outfielders, Starting Pitchers, relief pitchers and a 1st Baseman are major needs. Catcher is too if we can get one who can hit (I still think Treanor and Redmound at 80 games apiece is servicable).

 

All these holes can't be filled by a depleted farm system, and can't be filled by free agency (no money).

 

I not saying tear this team down. I'm saying next year, we can win if we fix our holes.

Theres no need to go crazy.

 

The only guys we should move are Mando and Pavano as far as regulars. Trading Choi would be insane.

Theres no need to go crazy.

 

The only guys we should move are Mando and Pavano as far as regulars. Trading Choi would be insane.

475588[/snapback]

i have to go ahead and agree with this. trading anyone else would probably be a dumb move

Theres no need to go crazy.

 

The only guys we should move are Mando and Pavano as far as regulars. Trading Choi would be insane.

475588[/snapback]

Yep, no firesales here.

it depends

 

im ready to sell if we dont win this next series

 

if we can win at least 3 then im ready to add on

 

winning 2 isnt acceptable, if we only win 2 i think its time to count us out

 

dont forget though, having beckett back will be a huge boost

What kind of prospects out there would we be able to get for armando or pavano that can contribute next year?

This thread has already been started...

475618[/snapback]

 

 

 

apparently, there's people that like to see their name by the topic starter column.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.