Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you think we can resign...

Featured Replies

best possible scenario

 

bye bye benitez

hello mota

hello pavano/lo duca

bye bye to the other

hello 5th starter/1B

If they somehow can unload Carny's salary.

 

Ib think they will sign back Pavano and offer artration to Mora.

 

Any money left-over should be used to sign a 1B or C or OF.

 

I would like them to sign LoDuca back but not more than at 6 million a year and thats being generous.

i think the only way loduca stays is if he guides us into the playoffs like pudge did,and the organization grows to love him. that way they wouldnt let 2 key players (pudge) and loduca walk after a great season.also i think we sign pavano back cuz thats one of the reasons we traded penny,and mota for our future closer. benitez is gone

I honestly see Armando staying. I think he'll take less to stay here.

I honestly see Armando staying. I think he'll take less to stay here.

491117[/snapback]

how much less is the question

I think being gaurenteed every game that if you go into the 9 with a lead that you will win is more important than a high quality fifth starter. Just my opinion...

I honestly see Armando staying. I think he'll take less to stay here.

491117[/snapback]

well if by less you mean the same as hes making now then ok. even 3.5 is still to much if we keep mota and have spoony coming back.

  • Author

I hope mondo, mota, carl and duca stays. And it'd be sweet if Encar stays too,.

If we offer him a multi-year deal, I could see him doing 4ish. Hopefully we can sign Mota to an extension at 2 mil per for 2 or 3 years, and that's a couple seasons of 6 million dollar automatic bullpen (Spooney makes min I think).

I see them all staying including Pavano because of the ability to free $13 million a year from the salary in 2006.

If we offer him a multi-year deal, I could see him doing 4ish. Hopefully we can sign Mota to an extension at 2 mil per for 2 or 3 years, and that's a couple seasons of 6 million dollar automatic bullpen (Spooney makes min I think).

491129[/snapback]

he makes 1.5 right now and gets arbitration this year so theres no way u keep him for 2 mill for 2 or 3 years. he will be making mando money next year in the 3.5 to 4 mill range

Unless we can somehow get Lo Duca signed in the $5 million dollar range. I think this would be the best case scenario.

 

This is all assuming we are able to somehow unload Enc's contract to some stupid team like the Mets. :)

 

We go to arbitration with Mota and give him his $3-3.5 million. Sign Pavano.

Trade Lo Duca, and hope we can get a fifth starter and maybe some prospects.

Then Willingham gives us some options. If the FO is convinced that Willingham can handle catching at the major league level we go after a 1st baseman or outfielder. If he can't then we stick him at 1st base and try to sign a catcher to split time with Redmond. Hopefully the FO sends Willingham to play in the Arizona Fall League again to just get more experience at catcher, because it would be very beneficial to us if he is able to be our starting catcher next year.

 

We should be able to keep the payroll at or near $60 million by doing this.

  • Author

well, If anything I'd let Mota go if it meant we can have benitez, duca and Pavano.

Teams wins Arbi more than players.

491138[/snapback]

not when the player has lead the league in innings pitched from a releiver and has a era of 2.00 over the last 2 years.

well, If anything I'd let Mota go if it meant we can have benitez, duca and Pavano.

491146[/snapback]

Benitez will make twice as much as Mota next season.

Teams wins Arbi more than players.

491138[/snapback]

not when the player has lead the league in innings pitched from a releiver and has a era of 2.00 over the last 2 years.

491147[/snapback]

What is the most he can ask for? I will give you an offer the team can make and likely win.

  • Author

farmer fan said "Trade Lo Duca, and hope we can get a fifth starter and maybe some prospects."

 

 

and i asked why cant we just keep valdez...

Teams wins Arbi more than players.

491138[/snapback]

not when the player has lead the league in innings pitched from a releiver and has a era of 2.00 over the last 2 years.

491147[/snapback]

What is the most he can ask for? I will give you an offer the team can make and likely win.

491158[/snapback]

he can ask for as much as he wants and then the marlins would make an offer then based on his performance the arbitrator would decide what he recieves. and based on his performance nothing less than 3.5 is what he will get. hes makin 1.5 now and raises to 3.5 is very easy for him to win.

Teams wins Arbi more than players.

491138[/snapback]

not when the player has lead the league in innings pitched from a releiver and has a era of 2.00 over the last 2 years.

491147[/snapback]

How many setup men make more than 2 mil?

farmer fan said "Trade Lo Duca, and hope we can get a fifth starter and maybe some prospects."

 

 

and i asked why cant we just keep valdez...

491161[/snapback]

We could, but my hope would be if we were to trade for one that it would be for a young guy who comes cheap. Valdez is alright, but he's nothing more than your average fifth starter, if we're able to do better than why not? We might as well get something for Lo Duca if we have to trade him. Which I think we will.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.