Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you think we can resign...

Featured Replies

Out of all the tradings that took place, how many and who do you think will be wearing marlin uniforms next year?

I think we shall keep all 3. I also forsee Benitez staying.

491053[/snapback]

:lol - Yeah and the Marlins payroll sky rockets to $100 million. I don't think so.

I think we shall keep all 3. I also forsee Benitez staying.

491053[/snapback]

r we gonna keep pavano also

 

that's a lot of moola

I would like to see Lo Duca stay, but we will have to offer him arbitration to keep him. Since LA didn't get Johnson, they would likely make a play for him, and he would probably go back given the opportunity.

If we can find someone to take Enc off our hands I think we will be able to keep Pavano and Mota. Unless Loria lowers the payroll like he did this year.

I would like to see Lo Duca stay, but we will have to offer him arbitration to keep him. Since LA didn't get Johnson, they would likely make a play for him, and he would probably go back given the opportunity.

491067[/snapback]

if i were him, i wouldnt be too happy with mr. depodesta right now

If we can find someone to take Enc off our hands I think we will be able to keep Pavano and Mota. Unless Loria lowers the payroll like he did this year.

491069[/snapback]

 

Only one more year of Hampton's payments, so perhaps they can work something out with a deferred salary contract.

If we can find someone to take Enc off our hands I think we will be able to keep Pavano and Mota.? Unless Loria lowers the payroll like he did this year.

491069[/snapback]

 

Only one more year of Hampton's payments, so perhaps they can work something out with a deferred salary contract.

491077[/snapback]

I think that'll have to be the deal if we want to sign Pavano.

I think we shall keep all 3. I also forsee Benitez staying.

491053[/snapback]

r we gonna keep pavano also

 

that's a lot of moola

491060[/snapback]

yup, I see Carl and Armando signing 3 year deals with money backloaded into 2006 and 2007 (Pudge and Hampton's payments run out after 2005 and that frees up $4 and $9 million respectively a year) that will allow them to stay. Enc is signed and Mota is arbitration eligible and only makes $1,475,000 this season. Beinfest will work magic.

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

If we can keep benitez for close to what he makes now, keep him. injuries and hopes don't care how much you make or how important you are.

mota will receive a significant upgrade, no doubt

491085[/snapback]

I think I heard somewhere, he'll probably make in the $3-3.5 million range.

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

got to agree

 

i have full confidence in spooney comin back just as good, if not better, than he was

 

aj will really help him through, methinks

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

 

Exactly. That's a helluva lot for a closer. And I personally don't want to see Justin Wayne starting games.

We won't need Benitez next year any way.? Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man.? No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man.? Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

If we can keep benitez for close to what he makes now, keep him. injuries and hopes don't care how much you make or how important you are.

491090[/snapback]

Benitez has played himself out of our range he'll make at least 5-6 million next year.

mota will receive a significant upgrade, no doubt

491085[/snapback]

I think I heard somewhere, he'll probably make in the $3-3.5 million range.

491091[/snapback]

that would qualify as significant

 

thats 2 million

We won't need Benitez next year any way.? Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man.? No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man.? Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

 

Exactly. That's a helluva lot for a closer. And I personally don't want to see Justin Wayne starting games.

491095[/snapback]

lol

 

no doubt aboot that

1 and done for armando...see mota, enc. and duca back next yr....or if we have to trade duca for somebody valuable....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.