Do you think we can resign...

Ice Man

I would like to see Lo Duca stay, but we will have to offer him arbitration to keep him. Since LA didn't get Johnson, they would likely make a play for him, and he would probably go back given the opportunity.

491067[/snapback]

if i were him, i wouldnt be too happy with mr. depodesta right now

If we can find someone to take Enc off our hands I think we will be able to keep Pavano and Mota. Unless Loria lowers the payroll like he did this year.

491069[/snapback]

Only one more year of Hampton's payments, so perhaps they can work something out with a deferred salary contract.

If we can find someone to take Enc off our hands I think we will be able to keep Pavano and Mota.? Unless Loria lowers the payroll like he did this year.

491069[/snapback]

Only one more year of Hampton's payments, so perhaps they can work something out with a deferred salary contract.

491077[/snapback]

I think that'll have to be the deal if we want to sign Pavano.

I think we shall keep all 3. I also forsee Benitez staying.

491053[/snapback]

r we gonna keep pavano also

that's a lot of moola

491060[/snapback]

yup, I see Carl and Armando signing 3 year deals with money backloaded into 2006 and 2007 (Pudge and Hampton's payments run out after 2005 and that frees up $4 and $9 million respectively a year) that will allow them to stay. Enc is signed and Mota is arbitration eligible and only makes $1,475,000 this season. Beinfest will work magic.

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

We won't need Benitez next year any way. Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man. No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man. Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

If we can keep benitez for close to what he makes now, keep him. injuries and hopes don't care how much you make or how important you are.

491088[/snapback]

got to agree

i have full confidence in spooney comin back just as good, if not better, than he was

aj will really help him through, methinks

491088[/snapback]

Exactly. That's a helluva lot for a closer. And I personally don't want to see Justin Wayne starting games.

We won't need Benitez next year any way.? Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man.? No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man.? Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

If we can keep benitez for close to what he makes now, keep him. injuries and hopes don't care how much you make or how important you are.

491090[/snapback]

Benitez has played himself out of our range he'll make at least 5-6 million next year.

We won't need Benitez next year any way.? Mota will be a fine closer, and Spooney will be a fine set-up man.? No need to spend $6 million on a closer when we already have a good closer and set-up man.? Hopefully Beinfest will be able to use that money on a 5th starter or catcher/1st baseman.

491088[/snapback]

Exactly. That's a helluva lot for a closer. And I personally don't want to see Justin Wayne starting games.

491095[/snapback]

lol

no doubt aboot that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.