August 6, 200422 yr With all of this talk that Cabs' future will most likely be at first, what does this do to Stokes?! And how do ya'll feel about miguel playing first? just curious to see what everyone thinks.
August 6, 200422 yr Left or Right, but keep him in the OF. First would be such a horrible waste of his arm.
August 6, 200422 yr Author Yea cabs does have a cannon for an arm. I would like to see him get better in right or left but we can't keep having this defensive blunders, I know he's just been in LF for a few days. Lets say the reports about him moving to first are true, what happens to stokes?!
August 6, 200422 yr Left or Right, but keep him in the OF. First would be such a horrible waste of his arm. 498566[/snapback] That's what I say...plus, there's no room for Cabrera either in 3b or 1b
August 6, 200422 yr Author Got this from rotoworld: Miguel Cabrera's shaky outfield defense has the Marlins saying his eventual position will be first base. Cabrera has already been compared to Albert Pujols, now he may be taking a similar path around the diamond from third base to outfield to first base. The coaching staff will begin working extensively with Cabrera at first base today, and ''probably in the long run'' that will be his position, manager Jack McKeon said. Aug. 6 - 9:21 am et
August 6, 200422 yr then Stokes either moves back to the OF(what an adventure that is) or he is traded
August 6, 200422 yr Keep him in left...he'll get better. Plus defense matters little when you are as good with the bat as he is.
August 6, 200422 yr I see it as his defense will improve in LF. Why stick a kid with such a powerful arm at 1st where it is useless?!
August 6, 200422 yr Right now? Left field. In the future? First base. I am almost positive that he will move to 1B once Niner finally retires in a few years. He's a natural 3B and SS and came up as such, so his defense would definitely be above average at 1B. But like I said, not until Conine retires.
August 6, 200422 yr My first thought was left field due to his arm. But his speed and range are so poor and will likely slide further as he continues to fill out. His arm isn't that effective if he is primarily using it to throw back balls he couldn't reach. He should stay in LF for the remainder of the season and work out at 1B next ST.
August 6, 200422 yr He was okay in left last year. He should get better with a little practice this season, and improve over the years. I think he's better off in the OF than in the infield, but then again, we've rarely seen him play the infield.
August 7, 200422 yr Whatever he picks, whatever makes him happy 499024[/snapback] It's not his decision, it's Jacks decision with input from the rest of the coaching staff.
August 7, 200422 yr I think that Cabera will plat 1B next year and if Conine is still here he will play LF and stokes will be trade bait. Cabrera was a lot better last year at LF but this year he is a lot bigger and slower....look at his legs they are way bigger and fatter then last year, thats why he is slower. i just hope that he is flexible to play first???
August 7, 200422 yr I think putting him at first is a waste of his arm. If anything left field or 3rd base (ideally 3d but of course that wont happen b/c of lowell). His OF defense has not shown signs of improving and it can become a deteriment to the team.
August 7, 200422 yr Isn't Stokes the future firstbaseman? 500339[/snapback] More trade bait than anything else. Stokes can't field, can't run, hell, can't really do anything but strike out and hit 500-feet homers. Even Josh Booty had a decent glove.
August 7, 200422 yr Author Isn't Stokes the future firstbaseman? 500339[/snapback] More trade bait than anything else. Stokes can't field, can't run, hell, can't really do anything but strike out and hit 500-feet homers. Even Josh Booty had a decent glove. 500429[/snapback] Damn if he can't field,run, or do anything but strike out and hit 500 ft HR's then why is he such a high prospect. The kid has to be avg. in the field. But if what you're saying is true why is everyone so high on him!?
August 7, 200422 yr Power sells. Every prospect site and journal I've read projects him as a future DH.
August 7, 200422 yr Author Power sells. Every prospect site and journal I've read projects him as a future DH. 500456[/snapback] Hmmm I see :mischief2
August 7, 200422 yr i wouldnt be shocked to see cabs playing some at first as late as next year. this is an eerily similar career path as albert. albert has just put up sicker numbers offensively.
August 7, 200422 yr *covers bases* Hey scouts from other teams.. This Stokes kid is hot. A really hot find. Great physical specimen. Agile athletic frame. Rounded shoulders, lean muslce tone, trim wrist, strong legs and nice child-bearing hips. He can do it all. Break a few car windows beyond the outfield fence? Done. 4.4 forty? Better. Opposite field? You bet. Plate discipline? Incredible for his age. And a future gold glover. Hits like Mays, runs like Hayes and fields like Snow. Keep your eye on this kid.
August 7, 200422 yr Author i wouldnt be shocked to see cabs playing some at first as late as next year. this is an eerily similar career path as albert. albert has just put up sicker numbers offensively. 500465[/snapback] I can't stand Pujols. I want Miguel do just friggin become 10x better, not just because he's on the marlins but just because, I can't stand Pujols. I think Cabrera would have less to worry about if he was in the IF he , to me is more comfortable in the IF cause that's where he started. He's gotta think a lot in the OF. I'd rather have him think about batting.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.