Same Old Offense

PBMarlin

McKeon used the old tired lineup tonight, and got the same lackluster result. The only difference was Encarnacion for Choi. Again couldn't hit with RISP.

And what is all the love for Harris again? The guy is hitting .160 with RISP, does not have any power, and hits for Easely, a guy who could win the game with a single swing. Not saying that Easely would have done anything, but I don't see how Harris gives us a better chance. The best Harris would have done is a single, which then would have required Redmond to tie the game. Poor team management by McKeon. Again.

McKeon used the old tired lineup tonight, and got the same lackluster result. The only difference was Encarnacion for Choi. Again couldn't hit with RISP.

And what is all the love for Harris again? The guy is hitting .160 with RISP, does not have any power, and hits for Easely, a guy who could win the game with a single swing. Not saying that Easely would have done anything, but I don't see how Harris gives us a better chance. The best Harris would have done is a single, which then would have required Redmond to tie the game. Poor team management by McKeon. Again.

502431[/snapback]

Harris hit for Mota, not Easley

502431[/snapback]

Harris hit for Mota, not Easley

502435[/snapback]

Thanks. I missed that one. Now I feel better. :p

Why not use Chris Aguila in that situation? Good speed, makes contact most of the time - I think Harris was only in for the righty-lefty matchup (which, in my opinion, Jack has put too much faith in). I don't care if Harris is the all-time PH leader or not; you don't put in someone with little speed and a weak bat.

Why not use Chris Aguila in that situation? Good speed, makes contact most of the time - I think Harris was only in for the righty-lefty matchup (which, in my opinion, Jack has put too much faith in). I don't care if Harris is the all-time PH leader or not; you don't put in someone with little speed and a weak bat.

502462[/snapback]

Harris hasn't done squat for us all year, and it just irritates the hell out of me when Jack puts him in for critical situations.

502462[/snapback]

Harris hasn't done squat for us all year

502484[/snapback]

please

Why not use Chris Aguila in that situation?? Good speed, makes contact most of the time - I think Harris was only in for the righty-lefty matchup (which, in my opinion, Jack has put too much faith in).? I don't care if Harris is the all-time PH leader or not; you don't put in someone with little speed and a weak bat.

502462[/snapback]

Harris hasn't done squat for us all year

502484[/snapback]

please

502486[/snapback]

The guy has given us 3 RBIs in 31 ABs as a pinch hitter for the season. He's hitting .160 with RISP. Harris is the weakest guy on the bench.

we arent going to win every game

we should have swept them but what are you going to do? cry about it?

502495[/snapback]

They are still a Major League Baseball team, no matter how you look at it, they can still beat you. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Now we must hope Chicago loses.

we threw away today's game. today wasn't about Lenny Harris, it was about Juan Pierre getting nailed at 1st base on that dumb double-play, and Miguel Cabrera getting picked off. with this weakened (no-Lo Duca) lineup in there today, we could not afford to waste outs and baserunners like that.

Fishin is right. We didn't loose the game because of Lenny Harris, We lost the game beceause of Pierre wondering off 1st base on a hit like that. It is because of little mistakes like that that will cause you a win. Pierre should have stayed at 1st instead of wondering off.

Why was Lenny Harris pitch hitting with the game on the line??? :huh

502546[/snapback]

Look at our bench- who else would you have hit? Mordecai? Aguila?

Probably could've let Mota bat for himself.

502597[/snapback]

Why not LoDuca? I understand he took batting practice.

Why was Lenny Harris pitch hitting with the game on the line??? :huh

502546[/snapback]

Look at our bench- who else would you have hit? Mordecai? Aguila?

Probably could've let Mota bat for himself.

502597[/snapback]

Why not LoDuca? I understand he took batting practice.

502703[/snapback]

Apparently, he wasn't good enough to go. Or else he would've been in there. Right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.