Worst run team in the MLB?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

What team in the majors do you think is run the most poorly? Give explanations. {Please don't include Montreal in this because it is a special circumstance.}

I would have to say the Colorado Rockies because the franchise has been running around in circles for years now, after the HUGE crowds (50,000) stopped coming to see a bottom tier team they have had to figure out what type of team to put together. They have gone to a four man rotation and it is killing them. I suggest they use a six man rotation to give their pitchers extra time to rest. I wonder if they will ever find the solution to put a winning team up there.

Second on my list would be the Brewers but it appears they will have a competitive team on the field in the next couple years. But lets see how management runs this team in the future.

My Top 5:

1.Colorado (Some people don't even know the team exist)

2.Arizona (Recent trades)

3.Kansas City (rebuilding for the last 10 years)

4.Pittsburgh (rebuilding for the last 10 years)

5.Milwaukee (rebuilding for last 15 years but appear to be turning corner)

Off my Top 5:

Baltimore- Will be contender next year after management goes in PHASE TWO of Rebuilding: Acquiring Pitching (PHASE ONE: Completed last winter, Acquiring Veterans (hitters).)

Sometimes on the list:

Yankees (when Steinbrenner throws away "baseball people" See: Mondesi trade)

Why? They have a much bigger following than the fish. THe only reason they suck now is because unlike the fish, they chose to try and win fast and sacrificed alot of their farm in doing so. Plus you may have heard that its a little tough to pitch at Coors. Now that they finally unloaded that ungodly Walker contract they have room to make other improvements (SP)

Guest Moneyball

Why? They have a much bigger following than the fish. THe only reason they suck now is because unlike the fish, they chose to try and win fast and sacrificed alot of their farm in doing so. Plus you may have heard that its a little tough to pitch at Coors. Now that they finally unloaded that ungodly Walker contract they have room to make other improvements (SP)

502813[/snapback]

they might have a bigger following in colorado but nationally they never make BIG news and most casual fans probably don't know a team exist in colorado.i know they traded walker to get rid of the contract but it will be interesting to see how they spend the cash. i know about the pitching problems. :whistle

Guest Moneyball

Baltimore - any team with Peter Angelos deserves a spot.

The Mets deserve to be mentioned too, after the Benson/Zambrano debacle.

502845[/snapback]

zambrano and benson will become good pitchers with ny's pitching coach.

Baltimore - any team with Peter Angelos deserves a spot.

The Mets deserve to be mentioned too, after the Benson/Zambrano debacle.

502845[/snapback]

zambrano and benson will become good pitchers with ny's pitching coach.

502850[/snapback]

Pfffft. Rick Peterson isn't a friggin' magician, you know. And if he was, they just traded away the next Steve Carlton in Scott Kazmir.

colorado needs a roof over their stadium.........the vulgar loud-mouthed guy that does late nite on sporting news radio was talking about this the other day in which i didnt realize colorado had this problem until he mentioned it.........see in coors it sucks to be a pitcher cuz ur pitches dont break as well or something like that cuz of the altitude and thin air and when the rockies' pitchers pitch on the road they wont be used to their pitches changing or sumthing like that(mind u i was listening to this when i called about a week ago) so if they had a dome they wouldnt have a problem w/ dat and other teams wouldnt hit off them as much

He has talent, no question there. But the real problem is his arm strength. He's just started throwing more than 5 innnings a start and his small frame is going to leave him prone to arm injuries. If Chuck LaMar brings him up this year he'll be ruining Kazmir's career.

He has talent, no question there. But the real problem is his arm strength. He's just started throwing more than 5 innnings a start and his small frame is going to leave him prone to arm injuries. If Chuck LaMar brings him up this year he'll be ruining Kazmir's career.

503227[/snapback]

he's 20 and ALREADY has arm problems. if he's in the bigs, he'll be a reliever. luckily we kept "the good one" in wright...now we have to move reyes to 1st he gets hurt so much.

Reyes and Wright will be the best left side of the infield in baseball for years. And really losing kazmir isn't horrible, Yusmeiro Petit is a much better pitcher and has been dominating every level he's played at, we just didn't get enough for Kazmir. We could have gotten Soriano for him in Spring Training, Zambrano was horrible value.

Guest Juanky

Reyes and Wright will be the best left side of the infield in baseball for years. And really losing kazmir isn't horrible, Yusmeiro Petit is a much better pitcher and has been dominating every level he's played at, we just didn't get enough for Kazmir. We could have gotten Soriano for him in Spring Training, Zambrano was horrible value.

504561[/snapback]

Plus you have Gaby Hernandez :shifty

504561[/snapback]

i agree, i would have liked soriano to stay in NY.

Zambrano can have kevin brown like quality if he works with peterson. benson better get an extension otherwise the trade was useless.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.