Dolphins are mad about playing on Marlins infield

Accord

The Dolphins have made it clear they do not like playing on the Marlins infield, but they'll have to do exactly that with two exhibition games at the stadium while the baseball team is on the road. Manager Jack McKeon has heard the complaints from the football side, but he has his gripes too.

''I'll probably be [complaining] about the outfield after they play those games,'' McKeon joked.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...all/9388335.htm

Guest Juanky

Hmm, here's a thought then.

Wayne, stop with your s***ty lease.

Miami, get the stadium built.

Oh, and I'll take a World Series victory over a missed field goal in Week 5 of the NFL Regular Season, thank you very much.

Guest marlins02

i dont like that diamond during football season either but hey what can you do? its the situation both teams are stuck in and its not like we're the only ones.

i dont blame the diamond for mare missing the FG against the pats. that was on him. he hasnt been a sure thing for a 2-3 seasons now.

I love both teams. But I hate when that happens. The infield always screws up my beloved Dolphins. Just like when it cause Mare to miss that short field goal from the infield. Im on the Dolphins side with this arguement.

510204[/snapback]

It's 100% Mare's fault. He should have be practicing kicking field goals off the dirt on the diamond.

I've been a Fins fan longer than a Marlins fan, but screw them and thier owner. So what if they have to play exhibition games on dirt? It's not that hard to play on and they'd have to play in mud sometime this season anyway. Chewed up turf that sends baseballs flying off in odd directions is a much bigger problem.

I love both teams. But I hate when that happens. The infield always screws up my beloved Dolphins. Just like when it cause Mare to miss that short field goal from the infield. Im on the Dolphins side with this arguement.

510204[/snapback]

Dude, get real. Mare missed those field goals because he is a choker. Tell that idiot of Huizenga to stop smoking crack with Ricky Williams in China and give back some of the millions he has stolen from the Marlins with that ridiculous lease so we can have our own stadium w/o depending on next years' legislature... :thumbdown

the infield really sucks and i'm still bitter about that missed FG, but the dolphins could really use something like as an advantage.

like 02pac mentioned, both football teams have to struggle on that surface. one would think the advantage would go to the team that is more familiar with the quirky home terrain.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.