Josh Beckett

Das Texan

5-8

4.39 ERA

Those are not anywhere close to numbers of a #1 starter. Those are maybe accecptable numbers for a mediocore #5.

Many of you have blamed Jack for the poor season.

Let me tell you what. Josh Beckett is the person I place all the blame on.

Why?

He gives you 14 wins at this point like he should....we are leading the wildcard and maybe the division.

Josh Beckett WILL NEVER be the stud he thinks he is until he learns to put it all together in the regular season. I'm tired of his crap. He acts like he is the second coming of Christ often and well he's not anywhere near that.

Josh Beckett is wearing 21 as an honor to Roger Clemens. He needs to go watch some of the Rocket's tapes. Learn to actually pitch and not be a horses ass up there. Dominate and dont give in.

When Josh learns to pitch like his talent dictates, we take off. Until he does though, we will be mediocore. He wants to be the stopper. Perform like it damnit.

I place the blame on Josh Beckett for our troubles.

Debate me.

If he doesn't IMMEDIATELY get off his high horse and pick it up, he needs to be dealt to another club in the offseason and we'll be able to get a lot in return since he's the reigning World Series MVP albeit undeserving of course.

You say "debate me," I don't think anyone on this entire site will disagree with you except for the girls who think he's "dreamy" :lol .

Josh showed us something the 3 starts before tonight.

What happened tonight was he walked the pitcher and he let that ruin the rest of the game. If he's going to be big time, he's going to need to file away AB's like that and move on.

Excuse me for being a little blunt here but I don't care too much if Beckett doesn't get any more wins this season.

I think he is a great pitcher though and is still my favourite Marlin.

In any sport an injury never helps, but Beckett's injuries this year have stopped him picking up and consistency or rythym. Look at Pavano for instance he's been on a roll all year and (touch wood) thanks to no such injury worries.

Mix all that with the new season headlines saying Beckett will win 18 games this year and it's just obviously not going to happen for him.

We should be looking to next year for the real Beckett with sublime curveballs and all that. :cool

the fact that beckett dominated the way he did in the play offs and his inconsistencies throughout the regular season should tell everyone that he doesn't really try his best. the kid has a head full of helium, someone should pop that bubble. someone needs to charge the mound and beat his ass in national tv so he gets embarrassed in front of everyone and stop that unfounded ego.

roger clemmens, that's a cocky guy.

josh beckett, he's just an a**hole.

Excuse me for being a little blunt here but I don't care too much if Beckett doesn't get any more wins this season.

I think he is a great pitcher though and is still my favourite Marlin.

In any sport an injury never helps, but Beckett's injuries this year have stopped him picking up and consistency or rythym. Look at Pavano for instance he's been on a roll all year and (touch wood) thanks to no such injury worries.

Mix all that with the new season headlines saying Beckett will win 18 games this year and it's just obviously not going to happen for him.

We should be looking to next year for the real Beckett with sublime curveballs and all that. :cool

528218[/snapback]

Beckett was pitching mediocore before the injury problems.

thats not a valid excuse.

No argument that if Beckett had pitched to his ability we would be in the middle of the race.

But you could also point at the lousy performances of Oliver and Castro, and the extended slumps of Conine, and Castillo, and the overall inability for the team to hit with RISP as factors as well.

Guest Juanky

I never expected AJ to be a savior and really do anything awesome this year.

It takes really 2 full years for you to recover fully.

Next year AJ should be fully back.

529253[/snapback]

If it takes two years he still won't be fully recovered all of next season

I never expected AJ to be a savior and really do anything awesome this year.

It takes really 2 full years for you to recover fully.

Next year AJ should be fully back.

529253[/snapback]

If it takes two years he still won't be fully recovered all of next season

529304[/snapback]

he had surgery in may.

i'd say 22 months will be enough. its close enough to 2 years anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.