If Dole was president....

MarlinFan10

As Bush nears the end of the his first term, Bob Dole could be ending his second term as president. In the terms Dole could have been president in:

-Clinton had an affair

-Bad intelligence aloud terrorists to attack America, causing a war with Afghaniston and gaining support to attack Iraq. America is now constantly threatened with terrorism and lost much of its foreign support.

Would 9/11 have happened under Robert?

Should've gone with Dole. :whistle

Personal morals for a president? Ha. Theyve been having affairs for the longest of times. I recently met a person who worked in the Pentagon in the 50s and said he met a cute girl he almost asked out. That is until he was strongarmed by 4 soldiers and told to stay away from Ike Eisehower's mistress.

And what foundation do you have that Dole might have prevented 9-11? Id like evidence for the hindsight. He wouldnt have had 9-11 for support to invade Afghanistan.

And what foundation do you have that Dole might have prevented 9-11? Id like evidence for the hindsight. He wouldnt have had 9-11 for support to invade Afghanistan.

I never said Dole would have prevented 9/11, but you never know what state American intelligence would be in if Dole were president.

Dole would have at least increased military funding. :whistle

OK, so it's OK to give false pretenses for going to war, as long as it doesn't involve a BJ? Give me a friggin' break. It is because of people like you that this great nation is on the brink of the type of hyperpolarization that plagued Chile in the late 1960s/early 1970s and allowed for the rise of Salvador Allende and thus Augusto Pinochet. I'll be damned to live under a dictatorship in these deMocracy of Hypocrisy.

If you can't tell, it's 2 AM, so I'm really tired, and what you wrote was the last thing I wanted to see. And don't get me started about the Smear Vets for Bush. Their tactics are almost Nazi-like, rather Goebbelistic: repeat a lie long enough and it becomes truth. That's how the Nazis dehumanized their victims, and I'm seeing it today in this presidential race. Our economy is going down the tubes, and Bush won't talk about how his "fuzzy math" got us here, but rather if indisputable facts should be called "spin"? GIMME A BREAK!!!! Orwell would be proud. 1984 has finally come, only 20 years late.

OK, rant over. Good night.

OK, so it's OK to give false pretenses for going to war, as long as it doesn't involve a BJ?? Give me a friggin' break.? It is because of people like you that this great nation is on the brink of the type of hyperpolarization that plagued Chile in the late 1960s/early 1970s and allowed for the rise of Salvador Allende and thus Augusto Pinochet.? I'll be damned to live under a dictatorship in these deMocracy of Hypocrisy.

If you can't tell, it's 2 AM, so I'm really tired, and what you wrote was the last thing I wanted to see.? And don't get me started about the Smear Vets for Bush.? Their tactics are almost Nazi-like, rather Goebbelistic: repeat a lie long enough and it becomes truth.? That's how the Nazis dehumanized their victims, and I'm seeing it today in this presidential race.? Our economy is going down the tubes, and Bush won't talk about how his "fuzzy math" got us here, but rather if indisputable facts should be called "spin"?? GIMME A BREAK!!!!? Orwell would be proud.? 1984 has finally come, only 20 years late.

OK, rant over.? Good night.

529600[/snapback]

Methinks you should read up on the Lusitania sinking and the new revelations that came to light when the hulk was examined by DSRV's.

How many American's died in WWI?

Somehow I think there's a difference between blatant lies and intentional deception (Lusitania) and bad intel (Iraq).

529830[/snapback]

Theres no way to convince the 'bush lied' crowd thats there a difference b/w bad intel and actual lying. They seem to think that Bush knew all along that the intel was bad and fed it anyway as much as some people believe that marilyn monroes family killed kennedy

Bush planned to invade Iraq before he put his bags down in the White House.

532780[/snapback]

first of all theres no proof of this. And even if this is true, the case that was made to go to war was based on faulty intelligence not on deception

532836[/snapback]

day after day of hearing about "mushroom clouds" from the administration.... there was certainly a lot of manipulation going on there if not outright deception. and i don't think they cared whether the intel was faulty or not. when Joe Wilson came back from Niger to report there was nothing to the uranium claims, did that give the adminstration pause? i doubt it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.