What is Jeff Cox thinking?

Accord

This is the SECOND TIME in the past week that Luis Castillo has been thrown out at home plate by a mile. If it happens once, that's fine, but twice in the same week? Luis isn't the same speedster he used to be a few years ago and it seems Jeff Cox doesn't realize that and continues to send him to his doom.

Tommy said that Jeff Cox made the right move by sending him considering the pitcher was coming up next, but there was only 1 out at the time and a double plate was not possible because Alex was on second. If Valdez struck out and couldn't put the squeeze on, at the worst there would have been 2 outs with 2 runners in scoring position with a red hot Juan Pierre at the plate.

Thoughts?

From where I was sitting by 3rd base that did not look like an out. That was safe. It was kinda close though. And JP at 2nd was safe too. :mad : Dumb Umps

529425[/snapback]

Gotta agree, although I didn't see the home plate call (outfield) but I was inside when the JP call happened: looked so safe.

From where I was sitting by 3rd base that did not look like an out. That was safe. It was kinda close though. And JP at 2nd was safe too. :mad : Dumb Umps

529425[/snapback]

Gotta agree, although I didn't see the home plate call (outfield) but I was inside when the JP call happened: looked so safe.

529628[/snapback]

CJ was down low and had great positioning Cabs was a dead duck

Sending Luis was the right call it was bang bang and required a perfect relay with a perfect throw home

JP was SAFE, but to give the umps credit they mostly get the job done correctly and they mess on our behalf as much as they mess up on the opponents behalf, but yes the umpiring lately has been horrible, and very inconsistent behind the plate

I think that was a bad call, u right, we would have had 1 out. he should have stayed in 3rd. probly they could have scored. but ne ways, it looked like castillo was safe anyways. it looked really close. and so was jp. he looked so dejected, i felt so bad 4 him.im not so sure bout cabrera, but he looked really close. i dont knoe about these umpires.......... :mad : :thumbdown

but we still won, woohoo. :D

keep it up marlins!

Guest Juanky

Luiy never touched home, he was out. Great block from CJ. It's hard for non-catchers to appreciate, but that was a great play by CJ. Good to see he still has it.

Juanpy was safe on the steal but it was a bang-bang play. We won, no biggie.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.