Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is Jeff Cox thinking?

Featured Replies

This is the SECOND TIME in the past week that Luis Castillo has been thrown out at home plate by a mile. If it happens once, that's fine, but twice in the same week? Luis isn't the same speedster he used to be a few years ago and it seems Jeff Cox doesn't realize that and continues to send him to his doom.

 

Tommy said that Jeff Cox made the right move by sending him considering the pitcher was coming up next, but there was only 1 out at the time and a double plate was not possible because Alex was on second. If Valdez struck out and couldn't put the squeeze on, at the worst there would have been 2 outs with 2 runners in scoring position with a red hot Juan Pierre at the plate.

 

Thoughts?

Jeff Cox is a horrible 3rd base coach. I have no idea why he is allowed to be a coach on the team. He was the pen coach last year, and what a great bullpen that was. :thumbdown

Pitcher was up next, it was the right call.

I thought the umpiring tonight was nothing short of atrocious.

529520[/snapback]

 

 

Absolutely. Before Cabrera was called safe after tagging to 3rd I was like if this UMP calls that an out this stadium is gonna go crazy after calling Castillo out at home and JP out at 2nd.

And one question I wanna ask. Because I was too far to notice. Was Cabrera able to hit the catcher as he was running to home or was the catcher already out of the way. From where I was it looked pretty close and Cabs coulda nailed him.

From where I was sitting by 3rd base that did not look like an out. That was safe. It was kinda close though. And JP at 2nd was safe too. :mad : Dumb Umps

529425[/snapback]

Gotta agree, although I didn't see the home plate call (outfield) but I was inside when the JP call happened: looked so safe.

From where I was sitting by 3rd base that did not look like an out. That was safe. It was kinda close though. And JP at 2nd was safe too. :mad : Dumb Umps

529425[/snapback]

Gotta agree, although I didn't see the home plate call (outfield) but I was inside when the JP call happened: looked so safe.

529628[/snapback]

CJ was down low and had great positioning Cabs was a dead duck

 

Sending Luis was the right call it was bang bang and required a perfect relay with a perfect throw home

 

JP was SAFE, but to give the umps credit they mostly get the job done correctly and they mess on our behalf as much as they mess up on the opponents behalf, but yes the umpiring lately has been horrible, and very inconsistent behind the plate

I think that was a bad call, u right, we would have had 1 out. he should have stayed in 3rd. probly they could have scored. but ne ways, it looked like castillo was safe anyways. it looked really close. and so was jp. he looked so dejected, i felt so bad 4 him.im not so sure bout cabrera, but he looked really close. i dont knoe about these umpires.......... :mad : :thumbdown

but we still won, woohoo. :D

keep it up marlins!

Luiy never touched home, he was out. Great block from CJ. It's hard for non-catchers to appreciate, but that was a great play by CJ. Good to see he still has it.

 

Juanpy was safe on the steal but it was a bang-bang play. We won, no biggie.

Everyone hates running into outs, but it's nice to see Cox being more aggressive. Too often this year have we sat on fly outs to the outfield and when contact hitters at bat.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.