Derek Lee

SlapHands69

[now back to your regularly scheduled programming]

Derrek Lee:the story of a ballplayer with enormous talent who never could put it together

genre:tragedy

McKeon: Why the hell did you strike out with the bases loaded there boy?

DLee: My foot hurts and I need to pipi!

McKeon: Son! Let me remind you that you just left three men on base...

DLee: pipi!

McKeon: aww crap...

[Announcer] We'll be right back after this commercial break thats stupid

no offense to you it just is

[now back to your regularly scheduled programming]

Derrek Lee:the story of a ballplayer with enormous talent who never could put it together

genre:tragedy

McKeon: Why the hell did you strike out with the bases loaded there boy?

DLee: My foot hurts and I need to pipi!

McKeon: Son! Let me remind you that you just left three men on base...

DLee: pipi!

McKeon: aww crap...

[Announcer] We'll be right back after this commercial break thats stupid

no offense to you it just is it's a comedy! Give me a break... at least I tried! :lol

Guest markotsay7

Who else was traded along with Lee for Kevin Brown? I know Derek was the center piece in that deal.

Oscar Henriquez/Manny Barrios maybe?

Also didn't we get Cesar Crespo in that deal, or am I dreaming?

**Breaking News here on the NBC 4 News at Eleven.

Anchorlady:Let's go live to the scene at Shea Stadium for the details.

Reporter: We're live in Flushing, where we have leanred that Florida Marlins Manager Jack McKeon was arrested by NYPD for Assalt and Battery after a tough loss tonight of a player who has not been announced. That's all from the scene that we have now, back to you in the sudio.

Anchorlady: The Marlins lost to the Mets tonight 6-3, after Derek Lee struck out with the bases loaded and no outs against Benetiz. The Marlins could not score a run in that inning.

**Breaking News here on the NBC 4 News at Eleven.

Anchorlady:Let's go live to the scene at Shea Stadium for the details.

Reporter: We're live in Flushing, where we have leanred that Florida Marlins Manager Jack McKeon was arrested by NYPD for Assalt and Battery after a tough loss tonight of a player who has not been announced. That's all from the scene that we have now, back to you in the sudio.

Anchorlady: The Marlins lost to the Mets tonight 6-3, after Derek Lee struck out with the bases loaded and no outs against Benetiz. The Marlins could not score a run in that inning.

that has more comedy in it than dt's

***More on the Breaking Story at Shea is coming into the NBC 4 Newsroom.

Anchorlady: We have learned that Derek Lee was put into the trauma unit at a local hospital (which we do not know for security reasons) after being knocked out by the Marlins' 72 year old manager Jack McKeon.

Anchorman: We will have more coverage tomorrow morning on Today in New York, but for now stay tuned for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Both: Good Night.

Guest marlins02

he could hit 2, he's shown he can. but how much you want to bet that the bases will be empty and we'll either be losing by a descent amount or winning by a descent amount? if he does something big, that'll be great. i dont want to be accused of wanting him to fail.

J:Welcome to the Tonight Show. Let me start off, that we came on live tonight because there was this story out of New york tonight that was just too funny. A 72 year old guy cornered a tall, strong, young baseball player and knocked him right out.

Kevin: *laughs scofingly

J:Don't laugh Kev, at least he had hair. You may even know him, Kev.

K:I might.

J: Yeah he's one of your buddies in the suck where it counts club.

K: Jay that ain't funny.

J:Derek Lee got KO'ed by Jack McKeon. How sad, but not as said as being KO'ed by Benetiz with the bases full and no otus.

K:He deserved it.

Who else was traded along with Lee for Kevin Brown? I know Derek was the center piece in that deal.

Oscar Henriquez/Manny Barrios maybe?

Also didn't we get Cesar Crespo in that deal, or am I dreaming? The trade was Kevin Brown for Derrek Lee and Rafael Medina, who only played two years in the majors, both with the Marlins in 1998 and 1999. He was 3-7, 5.96 ERA, 32 games, 12 starts. The Marlins wanted Matt Clement instead of Medina, but the Padres wouldnt do it.

he could hit 2, he's shown he can. but how much you want to bet that the bases will be empty and we'll either be losing by a descent amount or winning by a descent amount? if he does something big, that'll be great. i dont want to be accused of wanting him to fail.

why didnt he get any credit when he got the big 2 out hit in sundays game?