More from the compassionate, peaceful Left

Dodge

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040917-010155-8041r.htm

By Robert Stacy McCain

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A West Virginia man said yesterday that Democrats stole his family's Bush-Cheney campaign signs at an event featuring Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards.

"They just pounced on us," said Phil Parlock, who took his 11-year-old son, Alex, and 3-year-old daughter, Sophia, to the Democratic rally at Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va.

Sophia became briefly famous yesterday when an Associated Press photo showing her in tears after Democrats tore her sign to pieces was posted on Matt Drudge's Web site, www.drudgereport.com

"She was crying; they were pushing and shoving her," said Mr. Parlock, a Huntington real estate agent. "She was scared."

Sophia is the youngest of 10 children in a proudly patriotic family. The oldest two Parlock children, a 22-year-old daughter and a 21-year-old son, are members of the West Virginia Army National Guard, and a third Parlock — who recently turned 18 — will be sworn into the guard tomorrow, Mr. Parlock said.

The Parlocks went to Mr. Edwards' airport rally yesterday "to support the president," Mr. Parlock said, and brought nine Bush-Cheney signs with them.

"We stood there quietly while Senator Edwards went through the receiving line," he said. Then, as the North Carolina Democrat prepared to leave, Mr. Parlock said, "I took out a few Bush-Cheney signs, gave one to Alex, and Sophia and I held up one jointly."

Immediately, he said, the family was set upon by supporters of Mr. Edwards and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry — "mostly the painters union guys" — who "started stealing my signs." Soon, "old women and college students joined in the fracas," said Mr. Parlock, describing himself as "strictly a volunteer, grass-roots supporter" of the president. Mr. Parlock ran unsuccessfully for his local school board this year.

After the family returned home from the rally yesterday, he said, a friend called to tell him about the AP photo on the Drudge site. "In the picture, you can see one of the painters union guys has a piece of one of my signs in his hand."

A call to the Kerry-Edwards campaign last night was not returned.

Anti-war demonstrators have complained in recent weeks that they have been manhandled by security agents at Bush-Cheney campaign events

Funny, I never saw any Republicans distressed and the over one thousand people jailed in a Manhattan pier during the RNC.

562171[/snapback]

that was totally messed up, it was scary.

i don't know how the prostestors behaved, i know many of them came here during the free trade thing and deserved to be arrested while here, but every time i see so many people being arrested by the police i feel sick.

Funny, I never saw any Republicans distressed and the over one thousand people jailed in a Manhattan pier during the RNC.

562171[/snapback]

i don't know how the prostestors behaved, i know many of them came here during the free trade thing and deserved to be arrested while here, but every time i see so many people being arrested by the police i feel sick.

562180[/snapback]

I agree completely. I was present at a protest in miami (free trade), and some of the protestors were throwing batteries at police and acting irrationally. IMO these deviants hurt the cause of those that are simply there to protest legally.

Funny, I never saw any Republicans distressed over the one thousand people jailed in a Manhattan pier during the RNC.

562171[/snapback]

When you're assaulting folks and putting cops and others in the hospital, you don't get much sympathy. That crowd certainly did Kerry no favors, even the democrats kinda shied away from complaining too much.

562212[/snapback]

I disagree. Law enforcement took advantage (and often does in these situations) of the actions of a fee in the group to arrest large groups of people. Our democracy is healthy, but this is a problem.

It's sad that this happens on both sides, and especially sad that a young girl involved. But it's interesting that I haven't heard much of this outside of here.

562171[/snapback]

562180[/snapback]

It's sad when things like that have to happen, and I also don't like mass arrests. But there are people that go to events such as the free trade agreements in Miami for the sole purpose of causing that kind of trouble, making the police move in, and then trying their best to make them look bad.

Funny, I never saw any Republicans distressed over the one thousand people jailed in a Manhattan pier during the RNC.

562171[/snapback]

When you're assaulting folks and putting cops and others in the hospital, you don't get much sympathy. That crowd certainly did Kerry no favors, even the democrats kinda shied away from complaining too much.

562212[/snapback]

I disagree. Law enforcement took advantage (and often does in these situations) of the actions of a fee in the group to arrest large groups of people. Our democracy is healthy, but this is a problem.

562226[/snapback]

Yes Sham, this happens. Humans aren't perfect, and faults are everywhere. However, I would venture to say that there alot more instances where the crowd is the one that has most of the fault for the police moving in instead of the police having people in the streets to cause trouble. That's very outlandish and I'd expect a little better from you.

562171[/snapback]

562212[/snapback]

562226[/snapback]

I was at one of the ftaa protests in miami, and truth be told, it was not uncommon to see people throwing batteries at the police, or spraying their faces with water guns filled wiht chlorine or urine. There are groups dedicated to going into these protests and initiate in violent actions. Most people arrested are from this group, not from the peaceful protestors, and although the police sometimes overstep their boundaries, for the msot part the arrested people had reason to be arrested

Don't look now, but this may be a scam:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/091804X.shtml

563093[/snapback]

Of course after that was posted we must now all assume this story to be fraudulent without further review or examination

565323[/snapback]

says who?? I believe durham's post says it "MAY" be a scam.

565330[/snapback]

Doesnt matter i wasnt attacking you. I was just making a blanket sarcastic remark

This picture is bulls***. The guy in the "union painters" shirt is one of the man's nephews. He and his family do this on every election. They show up at opposition rallys and hold up signs of Bush and Cheney. Mr. Padlock is a professional instigator and what is worse, he takes his kids to do the dirty work. What a family.

I'll post a family picture where we can see Mr. Padlock in a family picture with his nephew the one who supposedly is a Kerry supporter ripping up a little girls sign...

Republicans are very resourceful indeed. Resourceful scumbags.

This picture is bulls***. The guy in the "union painters" shirt is one of the man's nephews. He and his family do this on every election. They show up at opposition rallys and hold up signs of Bush and Cheney. Mr. Padlock is a professional instigator and what is worse, he takes his kids to do the dirty work. What a family.

I'll post a family picture where we can see Mr. Padlock in a family picture with his nephew the one who supposedly is a Kerry supporter ripping up a little girls sign...

565397[/snapback]

Where did you get this from?

565397[/snapback]

Where did you get this from?

565431[/snapback]

:mischief The Swift Democrats for Truth! :shifty

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.