Best Birthday Gift from the Marlins!

MiRi

Max, Admin, and I were watching the Marlins take BP. I had my camera in hand to take pictures. As the guys walked back to the dugout, I saw Manzy and I screamed out his name and waved at him. Next thing you know, everything is in slow motion and my arms stretch out to reach for what was coming towards me. When I get back to earth, I realize that Manzy threw a ball at me and I actually caught it! I was just like "Holy crap". After many times complaining that I never got a ball, I finally have my own! It's awesome.

Even though we lost (I was pissed), I still had fun. We saw two fights. LOL Some guy got into an argument with Gryboski (sp?). He was warming up and supposedly the fan was throwing stuff at him. Another fight, we were right in the middle of. Some guy that was involved with the Gryboski spat, said outloud about the security lady, that she should go back to picking cotton (she was black). The guy made the biggest mistake because next to us, there was this big tall black guy who got up fuming with rage and bitched the guy out. The guy ended up walking out of the section.

Other than that, we got donuts so that made the night sweeter. :)

Though it was expected, last night was one of the worst games I've been to. In a win or else situation like last night, getting 1 run on 12 hits was excrutiating. I was hoping we wouldn't get doughnuts, because as I was reflecting on what could've been the place was going nuts because we got free pastries :confused .

Though it was expected, last night was one of the worst games I've been to. In a win or else situation like last night, getting 1 run on 12 hits was excrutiating. I was hoping we wouldn't get doughnuts, because as I was reflecting on what could've been the place was going nuts because we got free pastries :confused .

563223[/snapback]

man last night sucked. there goes my last game of the year

oh btw miri congrats on the ball, something good happened for you at least

I saw the fight... I sat in sec. 102. During BP I met one of my mom's friends who owns season tickets in the founders field section, so he gave me his 2 tickets so me and my bro can go down there for awhile. We got a ball from Andruw Jones and Adam Laroche. Louie came right over to us and used the teal wall infront of us to stretch out his hamstrings. I saw Miguel in a black cutoff undershirt by the duggout and I saw him holding a bat and had his batting gloves on. Next thing I know, he went inside, so I knew he was going in for a round of BP. I grabbed my brother and hurried inside to see him just walking into the cage. He waved at us through the window and then he went out the back door so he could get his jersey and came out on the other end... didn't get his autograph. Sunday I have the guy's founders field tickets so I can go early and watch indoor BP and then I have to meet up with him before the game and swap tickets so he can sit in his seats

Whoa that's cool Miri. Nice birthday present!!

Speaking of baseball birthdays, we actually found out yesterday that the Marlins entertainment thingy had left a message for my Dad saying they wanted me to participate in one of those game things they do during the game Thursday. He wasn't in the office that day, so he didn't get the message. I don't think I woulda done it anyway..

Max, Admin, and I were watching the Marlins take BP. I had my camera in hand to take pictures. As the guys walked back to the dugout, I saw Manzy and I screamed out his name and waved at him. Next thing you know, everything is in slow motion and my arms stretch out to reach for what was coming towards me. When I get back to earth, I realize that Manzy threw a ball at me and I actually caught it! I was just like "Holy crap". After many times complaining that I never got a ball, I finally have my own! It's awesome.

Even though we lost (I was pissed), I still had fun. We saw two fights. LOL Some guy got into an argument with Gryboski (sp?). He was warming up and supposedly the fan was throwing stuff at him. Another fight, we were right in the middle of. Some guy that was involved with the Gryboski spat, said outloud about the security lady, that she should go back to picking cotton (she was black). The guy made the biggest mistake because next to us, there was this big tall black guy who got up fuming with rage and bitched the guy out. The guy ended up walking out of the section.

563183[/snapback]

Heh, I got you beat Josh Beckett threw me a ball @ tampa...

Everything was in slowmotion too....when i cought it, it was surreal....i felt....like i wasnt there...

The women who sung take me out to the ball game during the 7th inning stretch was horrible, she totally messed up the words and butchered the song with a voice that should never ever be allowed to sing in public... the crowd boo'ed her and deservingly so :lol .

563453[/snapback]

She was horrible. That's why she's just Miss Hispanidad and not the next Christina Aguilera.

Max, Admin, and I were watching the Marlins take BP. I had my camera in hand to take pictures. As the guys walked back to the dugout, I saw Manzy and I screamed out his name and waved at him. Next thing you know, everything is in slow motion and my arms stretch out to reach for what was coming towards me. When I get back to earth, I realize that Manzy threw a ball at me and I actually caught it! I was just like "Holy crap".? After many times complaining that I never got a ball, I finally have my own! It's awesome.

563183[/snapback]

Heh, I got you beat Josh Beckett threw me a ball @ tampa...

Everything was in slowmotion too....when i cought it, it was surreal....i felt....like i wasnt there...

563463[/snapback]

Yea, but I am just happy I at least finally got a ball from someone. I don't care if it came from someone like Rosenthal. I just wanted a ball.

The women who sung take me out to the ball game during the 7th inning stretch was horrible, she totally messed up the words and butchered the song with a voice that should never ever be allowed to sing in public... the crowd boo'ed her and deservingly so :lol .

563453[/snapback]

Yeah I stood up and yelled at her and caught some looks from my section :confused

Well they had to hold back a Braves pitcher... the entire bullpen got up and started getting into it. Then one Braves player went over to a security person on the field and that person called over like 10 more security people. Then 3 or 4 police came down to get the heckler

563258[/snapback]

Wow!!! How'd I miss this??? A little more violence and this is a national story and this idiot (me) went to the game and missed the whole thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.