Marlins lose Jax'ville fan

miami15

Bad Marlins policy

The next time that the Florida Marlins seek public support for a new stadium, I hope all residents will consider the way the team treats ticket buyers.

The team's policy is that it will not issue refunds for the games canceled by Hurricane Frances. You can only exchange them for tickets to another game.

I live near Jacksonville and cannot make it to South Florida for another game. When I called the ticket office to complain about the policy, I was treated rudely and lied to. The man I spoke to said this policy was set by Major League Baseball. Then he hung up the phone on me. I called the MLB office in New York and was told that what I was told was not true; the Marlins set the policy.

I'll never buy tickets to another Marlins game. Why would anyone want to deal with a business that treats customers this way?

MARK BASCH, Ponte Vedra Beach

:o

:boo-woo

:lol

Bad Marlins policy

The next time that the Florida Marlins seek public support for a new stadium, I hope all residents will consider the way the team treats ticket buyers.

The team's policy is that it will not issue refunds for the games canceled by Hurricane Frances. You can only exchange them for tickets to another game.

I live near Jacksonville and cannot make it to South Florida for another game. When I called the ticket office to complain about the policy, I was treated rudely and lied to. The man I spoke to said this policy was set by Major League Baseball. Then he hung up the phone on me. I called the MLB office in New York and was told that what I was told was not true; the Marlins set the policy.

I'll never buy tickets to another Marlins game. Why would anyone want to deal with a business that treats customers this way?

I believe this is an "across the board" policy for all ML teams. I have never heard of a team issuing refunds for a rain out. Tickets must be exchanged for a future game - this policy exists for all ML teams - as far as I know.

567157[/snapback]

Bad Marlins policy

567157[/snapback]

If your gonna judge your liking for a team by its front office, your not going to like any team but one. And its not ours. There would be zero Marlins fans on Earth with the way the front office has treated us, Root for the players not the organization.

Heh.

As I understand the Marlins are still talking with MLB about their financial losses due to the loss of four gates. I wouldn't blame for Loria/Samson for sticking it to the fans until they were guaranteed this revenue. It can always be paid back in lower ticket prices or promotions.

If your gonna judge your liking for a team by its front office, your not going to like any team but one. And its not ours. There would be zero Marlins fans on Earth with the way the front office has treated us, Root for the players not the organization.

567225[/snapback]

What exactly has Loria done to piss you off?

567225[/snapback]

What exactly has Loria done to piss you off?

567230[/snapback]

Yeah exactly :mischief2

J-Lo's my boy. I don't care about running out of hot dogs, or buying a program, because it's foolish to buy a $4.50 weiner, or a $10 program, anyways. They've only dumped few players in a financial situation (that I can recall), in Cliff, Dempster and Preston and they recieved Pavano, Enc and JP etc.

I love Loria. He's visible at games (I don't even know what Mickey Arison looks like), and has done great things (IMO) since taking over.

Guest marlins02

He's probably a Cubs fan anyway.? The only games cancelled by Frances were the Cubs games so that means he's a Cubs fan living in Jaxville.? I'm glad he lost his money....

567233[/snapback]

yeah because marlin fans would never get upset at the front office for legit reasons :rolleyes:

He's probably a Cubs fan anyway.? The only games cancelled by Frances were the Cubs games so that means he's a Cubs fan living in Jaxville.?? I'm glad he lost his money....

567233[/snapback]

yeah because marlin fans would never get upset at the front office for legit reasons :rolleyes:

567273[/snapback]

Well coming down from 300 miles away for this series is a little sketchy. :confused

I mean, 2/5 of the NLCS crowd were Cubs fans.

Guest marlins02

He's probably a Cubs fan anyway.? The only games cancelled by Frances were the Cubs games so that means he's a Cubs fan living in Jaxville.?? I'm glad he lost his money....

567233[/snapback]

567273[/snapback]

Well coming down from 300 miles away for this series is a little sketchy. :confused

I mean, 2/5 of the NLCS crowd were Cubs fans.

567282[/snapback]

this was huge series for us as well. it wasnt just a big series for the cubs so why wouldnt he had made the trip if he was a marlins fan? also he says he will never buy another marlins ticket ever again which means he has bought them before and he sounds like he bought them to watch the team and not the cubs.

Anyway you put it thats crap. Yesterday I went to exchange my tickets and they didnt even have tickets for the section i originally purchased and would not refund the diff. I am pist as hell. This doesnt mean i wont go to games it just shows me once again what an ahole's most team VP's and higher up's are. And i dont want any silly promotion or stupid discount. Hopefully the city reconsiders and forces Loria to use his own money to finance the stadium!

There are two sides to every story. I wonder what he said to the ticket representatives that got them to hang up on him. I got screwed by MLB over the MLB.TV package I bought - but that didnt keep me from staying with the team and baseball. But that is my choice. If this guy feels like he was wronged, oh well. Too bad to hear that. But I am sure there is one other guy out there with the exact opposite story.

Tickets have already been sold to future games (and I would asume season ticket holders earn first dibs). What do you want them to do? Schedule an exhibition game one morning so you can sit in your section?

It's not so simple.

I'm sure there's some a**holes in the organization, but consider that they're trying to schedule 81 games into 76 dates.

Tickets have already been sold to future games (and I would asume season ticket holders earn first dibs). What do you want them to do? Schedule an exhibition game one morning so you can sit in your section?

It's not so simple.

I'm sure there's some a**holes in the organization, but consider that they're trying to schedule 81 games into 76 dates.

567330[/snapback]

thats besides the point, not to mention their problem not mine. the fan and/or customer should never get screwed they should bite the bullent and refund the difference or allow me to move down or make some sort of effort to say thats its hard for them is a cop out, people in this country man they get walked over everyday and they dont say anything, im not like i think its the clubs responsibility to acomandate the fan.

It's not so simple.

567330[/snapback]

thats besides the point, not to mention their problem not mine. the fan and/or customer should never get screwed they should bite the bullent and refund the difference or allow me to move down or make some sort of effort to say thats its hard for them is a cop out, people in this country man they get walked over everyday and they dont say anything, im not like i think its the clubs responsibility to acomandate the fan.

567334[/snapback]

Everyone knows that if you buy and ticket and must upgrade due to a rain out you must pay the difference. Remember that there are others who have that level and are displaed as well. It is a logistical nightmare, but it is the team's choice to refund or not.

Loria has been much better than others. Loria put in the 90 minute rain check rule where no other team has anything close.

It's not so simple.

567330[/snapback]

567334[/snapback]

Everyone knows that if you buy and ticket and must upgrade due to a rain out you must pay the difference. Remember that there are others who have that level and are displaed as well. It is a logistical nightmare, but it is the team's choice to refund or not.

Loria has been much better than others. Loria put in the 90 minute rain check rule where no other team has anything close.

567339[/snapback]

i agree and totally understand, problem is they would not let you upgrade and pay the diff. and they would not let you downgrade and collect the diff. and to say that loria is good because he is better than Henry and Huiezenga is a joke...he isnt good or bad he's just adequate in my eyes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.