Nintendo DS launch info revealed

jmenjes

Tthere was a conference call from Nintendo today, in which details about the release date and price for the new DS handheld game system was revealed. The DS will first go on sale November 21 and retail for $149.95. There's no info yet on any games, but game info should be coming soon.

IGN.com article

Also packed in with the DS will be a playable demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters.

I will have a preorder for this as soon as humanly possible.

I'm just the opposite of you. While the PSP hasn't impressed me all that much, neither has the DS. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to play MGS on the go and others, but nothing up this point has really impressed me about the system.

And like I stated before, battery life on that thing might completely suck.

I'm watching and waiting on this DS and PSP. Both look equally as promising, but IMO i think the PSP will have games that i'll enjoy more. But knowing Sony's amazing tack record of putting out quality products(or lack there of) kinda worries me. As where anytime Nintendo puts something out, they commit 100%(usually, we wont count the Virtual Boy) and is usually reliable, like the Gamecube, GBA,N64. (wont count the NES for obvious reasons)

But the PSP will have Final Fantasy VII and a Metal Gear solid game, that is enough for me to know i'm buying it. The Metroid on the DS is also enough for me to buy that one. But the thing is, WTF am I going to do with TWO handhelds...Plus its expensive, even working at gamestop with the discount doesnt help that much, just kinda numbs the pain of shelling out a lil under 50 bucks for a new game...

anyway, i'm just waiting for both. But we can all agree the N-Gage Sucked.

The DS isn't the next gameboy according to Nintendo. Anyways, the PSP will probably be more expensive because it will be a better product hardware-wise. It uses UMD's which hold way more than those carts and it will have better graphics. Finally, a SF or KOF with the same graphics as the ones on the consoles and all the features. Not those half-assed gameboy ones.

PSP is gonna suck. A lot of people hate the idea of it because it has too much crap that isn't VIDEO GAME related. And I agree. Whatever happened to the good old days of having fun with video games? Now it's which console has the best graphics or which has the most extra features.

The DS won't be another Game Boy Adavance either. If you think that, go read. It's gonna be awesome.

PSP is gonna suck. A lot of people hate the idea of it because it has too much crap that isn't VIDEO GAME related. And I agree. Whatever happened to the good old days of having fun with video games? Now it's which console has the best graphics or which has the most extra features.

The DS won't be another Game Boy Adavance either. If you think that, go read. It's gonna be awesome.

569212[/snapback]

PSP will have the games and the features...and it's not like the DS doesn't have any crap features as a selling point like that Note Taking/Talking game to communicate.

And just because the DS may be more focused on games that doesn't mean they will be good :thumbdown

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.