We White Sox fans haven't forgotten about you...

hsnterprize

Hey Marlins fans,

First of all, I'd like to thank you guys for your support of the White Sox as well as your Marlins. Even though it was a bit contentious when our teams played against each other this season, overall, we both were still on the same page when it came to beating the Cubs. But even without that, you guys have endured WAY MORE than fans of other teams this year. It's not too common to have to deal with hurricanes and tropical storms here in Chicago. So obviously, repeat championship or not, y'all deserve a BIG KUDOS for your perseverance, strength, and courage in the face of nature's fury.

On a less serious note, I'm sure you'd rather your team be in the thick of a pennant race right now. Guess what...so would we. It's maddening hearing all the "Cubbie-blue hype" here in Chi-town. We're lucky if we even get a Sox score. Granted, our team has been out of it since August, but the obsession over the Cubs this season almost rivals the overkill that was thrust upon all of us last fall. Now that the Cubs are teetering on a playoff berth, every game they play brings out either extreme jubilation or depression from Cubs fans. And of course, whatever the reaction is from them, White Sox fans' reaction is 100% the opposite.

And I'd like to personally thank your team to coming to U.S. Cellular Field a month ago. I know we've already talked about it, but it was fun seeing Sox fans supporting your team. I took the Marlins' unexpected 2-game visit to the "Cell" as a chance for Sox fans to thank the Marlins for beating our version of the "Evil Empire" last October. And your games vs. Montreal (next year, Washington) showed why the Fish won their 2nd World Series in their 11 years...strong, fundamental baseball and coming through in a clutch situation. We Sox fans have been waiting for a championship team to grace the south side of Chicago for a long time...unfortunately for us, that championship team came from south Florida.

May the people of Florida be granted the grace of almighty God in your recovery. As an outsider, I don't know how the new stadium issues are coming along, but keep me in the know. Hopefully, things are going well. Take care, and good luck to the Fighting Fish in 2005.

thanks for the post, hsnterprize. i think that the sox and marlins find themselves in the similar situation of being overshadowed by the national sweetheart teams, and treated by the media as uninvited guests at the MLB party. we definitely appreciated your support for our squad at the south side games this year, and i'm sure many of us (myself included) will be pulling for the sox in the AL in 2005. rock on, chicago.

Yeah thanks guys. Too bad neither one of our teams made it this year, but hopefully things will go better next year. The Marlins are still my second favorite team right behind my beloved White Sox. Go Marlins and Go Sox. Cubs can go too, just straight to hell.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.