Favorite Beer*

chefbob

This past year I all of a sudden lost all desire to drink beer. Up until that point I was a huge fan of Corona Light (freezing cold).

Nowadays if Im having alcohol I'll either have red wine or Bacardi and Diet Coke.

I imagine I'll get back into beer at some point in the future.

Nothing like an ice cold beer with a New York Strip Steak.

Well usually drink Natty and Busch just because I'm poor and cheap beer usually gets the trick done.

Anyways Miller Light probably my favorite beer.

Wow I suck at life. I hate Miller Lite. Busch is still I'm drinking to get smashed good. Bud is alright.

Yuengling is probably my favorite just sit down and have a beer.

Sorry to break it to you guys but Blue Moon is a bitch drink where I come from.

I can't believe I said Miller High Life 2 and a half years ago. Sam Adams stands at the top, still.

My top picks for "non-obscure" beers:

Sam Adams

Coors

Yuengling

Michelob

I didn't know it was widely enough distributed to be generalized. There's only a couple of bars that I go to that serve it.

Yeungling, Miller lite when I'm going unleaded.

If anyone ever is in the Steel City, check out the Church Brew Works. It's an old church turned into a restaurant that serves kick ass food and brews it's own beers using the old pipe organ. Not the best beer, but still pretty good, I'm partial to the Celestial Gold. When I lived there I used to buy a growler every Saturday.

I really miss that place.

Guest CrimsonCane

If you like Blue Moon, be a man and step it up to Hoegaarden.

Agreed. Had one this afternoon when I got back from a work meeting. If you like Blue Moon, you won't regret the upgrade. Also, if it helps convince you to make the switch, realize that Blue Moon is owned by Coors.

Belgian white (wheat beer). Has a very distinct taste. To me the wheat reminds me of the taste of brown sugar a bit. Some say they can taste a small bit of citrus but I've never had that experience.

Dried orange peel is one of the ingredients so that may be where your friends say they're getting the citrus taste.

So I went to this pub/restaurant in Pensacola called 'McGuire's', and tried their Blue Moon/Heifeweisen hybrid (called Millenium Ale). Apparently it placed third in the World Beer Contest, or whatever it's called.

I liked it, it was a bit darker and heavier than Blue Moon.

This place had over 500,000 one dollar bills stapled to the ceiling.

If you like Blue Moon, be a man and step it up to Hoegaarden.

Agreed. Had one this afternoon when I got back from a work meeting. If you like Blue Moon, you won't regret the upgrade. Also, if it helps convince you to make the switch, realize that Blue Moon is owned by Coors.

Belgian white (wheat beer). Has a very distinct taste. To me the wheat reminds me of the taste of brown sugar a bit. Some say they can taste a small bit of citrus but I've never had that experience.

Dried orange peel is one of the ingredients so that may be where your friends say they're getting the citrus taste.

never heard of it before but I'll def keep an eye out for Hoegaarden

I had Hoegaarden at dinner last night. It was damn delicious. Not the first time I had it, but better than I remember.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I like my hefeweissens. Not a big fan of the dark stuff. Don't want to drink a beershake.

I'm aware that orange peels are one of the ingredients but I've never picked it up, unfortunately.

I'm surprised most of you haven't heard of Hoegaarden. It's a pretty widely distributed "higher class" beer. Many bars (the better ones) will have it on draft.

I think here in the city the average price I pay for a six pack is about $10.

I dont like hoegaarden at all.

If I want a hefe I'd rather take Paulaner, UFO or Erdinger.