July 2, 200323 yr Author I gotta work tomorrow nite..usually day off..so if TBS has it, Im gonna tape it they wont have it
July 2, 200323 yr I wish I could get down there to watch that game. I hear Willis is a very good pitcher! I want to see my team play baseball live and in person! Anyone know of a place to get the best seats? All the good ones are usually gone when you try and buy them at the box office. OK, here's the secret to great seats..... I can beleive I'm letting you all in on this... Buy the terrace reserved for $12 bucks, or any other cheap ticket that can get you access to the lower level between the dugouts. (Dunno what else there is, I've always bought the $12 tix when I do this) Then.... After the 1st half inning go to the home plate half of the section 145 founder's club, which is right behind the Marlins' dugout. The usher there is a middle aged black man. I'm not gonna name him (for obvious reasons), but if you see some unique dental work, you know that's your man. Approach him and for some small consideration he'll let you sit in the first or second row, right behind the dugout. What you give him is at your discretion, but he won't take cash ( I've never seen it cost anyone more than a bottle of water or a nice, cold coke to make this usher happy). Some times he'll even let you sit there for nothing, especially on weekdays when no season tix holders are there. Conversely, if it's packed there is not much he can do for you. Anyway, the guy is just a genuinly nice guy. If you have young kids, also make it a point to take them down there. This particular usher will let your kid sit in a vacant front row seat above the dugout until one of the Fish throws him/her a ball, usually after the half-inning warm-ups. I've seen this simple act make the day of about 80 kids in the two years I spent down there. And please, should you use this info, recongnize that it won't work all the time. Also, be discreet and don't abuse it, you'll ruin it for everyone. Nevertheless,
July 2, 200323 yr thank you sir. I remember this character actually. I usually buy the infield box seats (If Im not gonna go to too many games because of distance, I sure as heck am gonna indulge when I do go) and scoot on down as low as I can. For the Braves-Marlins game last season (when Burnett beat Maddux 2-1), my bro and I got all the way down to resting our feet on the Marlins dugout. It was cool. This time I'm on the Braves side, and I'll see whats open. I might just stay over there, or scoot down a bit. I wanna make those Brave fans mad!
July 2, 200323 yr We were pretty damn good tonight. Beckett had good suff and his pitches were all working. Cabrera was awesome and really stung the ball today. That cameraman go hit pretty nasty i wonder how hs condidtions are...
July 2, 200323 yr You could also get good seats by getting there early for autographs and staying there when the game starts.
July 2, 200323 yr Yeah, you can get good seats, but not great seats. You sit in the first row in 145 and you can practically hear D. Lee snoring in the dugout during the home halfs. Anyway, when I had season tix they would always do a "sweep and clear" b/t BP and the first pitch in the first four rows, checking everyone's stub.
July 2, 200323 yr Beckett was Great tonight, Offense was just Krazy... i began sayin to my self damn will this game eva end... i dont have cabel so i skipped going out tonight cuz the game was on PAX lol... and after the 7th i was like dammmmmmm game is way to long, i began thinking the unwritten rules... but those rules were not effected all Braves pitching just SUXED i will be happy 4 a sweeeep without seeing Smotlz
July 2, 200323 yr They do check the the front rows when the game begins. Another way to get good seats is when it rain. I don't know why but the ushers dissapear when it rains and never come back.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.