ABC News holding a Terrorist Tape?

PhishPhan

Fox News is reporting that ABC News gave what is thought to be a tape of a terrorist saying there is an immenent attack on America worse than 9/11. Apparently ABC got the tape over the weekend and gave it to the Pentagon yesterday. There is some sort of press confrence at 3 where they will discuss the validity of the tape(s).

Quote from the tape I found on Drudge:

"The streets will run with blood," and "America will mourn in silence" because they will be unable to count the number of the dead. Further claims: America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda.

Who cares?

Let Johnny Jihad do whatever the hell he wants to, and say what ever he wants to. I'm not letting a few fruitloops ruin my life.

THe announcements themselves have become more powerful weapons than what the attacks themselves would be.

I can envision it now, Susie Q. Homaker in Pigsknuckle Arkansas, huddled around a TV in their living room wih her four obese kids, frantic and terrified at some jackass with a camcorder threatnening to blow up something.

Who cares?

Let Johnny Jihad do whatever the hell he wants to, and say what ever he wants to. I'm not letting a few fruitloops ruin my life.

THe announcements themselves have become more powerful weapons than what the attacks themselves would be.

I can envision it now, Susie Q. Homaker in Pigsknuckle Arkansas, huddled around a TV in their living room wih her four obese kids, frantic and terrified at some jackass with a camcorder threatnening to blow up something.

602293[/snapback]

Fox News said this, you know, Bushie's Media buddies. The ones that ask their interns if their breasts are fair and balanced.

The Bush administration started scare mongering well before Kerry was a thought at all. That color coded system. It is also the Bush administration that lets this information leak out. And then they whine and complain that Americans don't want to hear we are "losing" the war on terrorism. If Americans don't want to hear it then make sure we aren't losing it, don't lie about it.

If there is an attack before the election, Bush wins hands down. :(

602557[/snapback]

Yup...though if they prefer Bush out as I personally suspect, then I would think they'd save the terrorist attack until shortly after the election.

If there's a terrorist attack in the near future, I guess we'll find out for sure which candidate al qaeda actually "endorsed"...

If there is an attack before the election, Bush wins hands down.? :(

602557[/snapback]

Yup...though if they prefer Bush out as I personally suspect, then I would think they'd save the terrorist attack until shortly after the election.

If there's a terrorist attack in the near future, I guess we'll find out for sure which candidate al qaeda actually "endorsed"...

602584[/snapback]

I still believe they care little about that. Neither Bush nor Clinton went after terrorists harcore before 9/11 and BOTH (including Kerry) would have done anything in their power to neutralize the threat post-9/11. Anything else is just politics.

602557[/snapback]

602584[/snapback]

I still believe they care little about that. Neither Bush nor Clinton went after terrorists harcore before 9/11 and BOTH (including Kerry) would have done anything in their power to neutralize the threat post-9/11. Anything else is just politics.

602593[/snapback]

No, I agree with you that Bush and Kerry would both do a heck of a job in fighting terrorists...equally well in my mind (Kerry might actually have an edge since he's not the provocative figure that Bush is.).

That said, I just think they'd love to topple the Bush administration. I guess I see them as spiteful folks who hate George Bush more than anybody on the planet and would love to see him out of office.

602557[/snapback]

That's why I think nothing will happen until after November 2nd if anything does happen.

And what was said in this press conference?