Marlins interested on Urbina?

eadearmas

Urbina may be put on block

Around the leagues

The Tigers will look to trade Ugueth Urbina now that Troy Percival has signed a two-year, $12-million deal to be their closer. Look for the White Sox and Marlins to be the top competitors for Urbina ... The Mariners are going aggressively after free agents Troy Glaus and Carlos Delgado ... Having lost shortstop Cristian Guzman to an outrageous four-year, $16-million deal with the Expos (soon to be the Nationals), the Twins could replace him with a rookie, Jason Bartlett.

The big question mark regarding Urbina is not his ability but rather whether he will pitch again after the kidnapping. I don't think even the Tigers know whether he'll suit up for the 2005 season.

And not to diasgree with Flamarlins3 because he's entitled to his opinion, I don't see why the fact that a player has been with the Marlins in the past should preclude him from being a Fish again.

And not to diasgree with Flamarlins3 because he's entitled to his opinion, I don't see why the fact that a player has been with the Marlins in the past should preclude him from being a Fish again.

618998[/snapback]

Well reason I said that was because we gave up a bunch the first time. And we had the opportunity to get him last season in the offseason, but decided to let him go. And now we want him back? Probably would have to give up a bunch more to get him. It just makes me feel that we spent an incredible amount for this guy to play a season and a half with us. Not to mention his salary is 4-5 million I think.

I agree though I forgot about the kidnapping situation. I don't think I have read anything about that being resolved yet. That right there should make any team hesitant towards getting him.

Well my response to being interested in Urbina..sure

he did good for us when we needed him in '03..cept game 1 of the NLCS when he gave up the 2-run homer to Sosa..

Anyways, yeah, he would be a nice addition to the 'pen. And when Spooney comes back, we can have a nice SU/CL deal.

619034[/snapback]

there was that thing in game 4 of that world series thing to

giving up triples to RUBEN SIERRA?????????????????

yea

Guest Moneyball

he did good for us when we needed him in '03..cept game 1 of the NLCS when he gave up the 2-run homer to Sosa..

Anyways, yeah, he would be a nice addition to the 'pen. And when Spooney comes back, we can have a nice SU/CL deal.

619034[/snapback]

yea

619188[/snapback]

forgot game 4 of the NLDS too. Pudge and Niner bailed out his ass.

Uggy=World series ring in 2003 with the marlins.

Mando=Did awesome but no ring kiddo.

And uggy's a *STUD*

619268[/snapback]

you're right.... Mando is the reason we didnt win last year

:plain

619270[/snapback]

I'm just saying.Mando bailed our ass most of the games he saved,but w/e uggy has the ring

And uggy's a *STUD*

619268[/snapback]

619270[/snapback]

I'm just saying.Mando bailed our ass most of the games he saved,but w/e uggy has the ring

619273[/snapback]

yea well Craig Counsell has a ring and Ted Williams doesnt..... :plain

619034[/snapback]

yea

619188[/snapback]

forgot game 4 of the NLDS too. Pudge and Niner bailed out his ass.

619190[/snapback]

And Mariano Rivera blew some saves in the post season this year. More than anything I think that was him wearing down. Urbina is a solid veteran pitcher who knows what he is doing as opposed to some of the youngster in there now. I say get him if we can. I hope the situation with his mom was resolved though. Thats gotta be horrible to be going through.

And uggy's a *STUD*

619268[/snapback]

619270[/snapback]

619273[/snapback]

The difference being the Marlins were in the hunt for the ring because of Armando this season, and one could argue that they won the ring in 03 despite Uggy.