Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SHAWN GREEN

Featured Replies

We don't have that kind of money.

644465[/snapback]

 

The only big name free agent we went after so far was Al Leiter and we practically stole Alfonseca for the league minimum. I see no reason why we can't afford Shawn Green, and plus, it's not like there's anyone else out there.

 

GIT'R DUN!!!!!!!

644732[/snapback]

THe equivalent of agreeing to pay that money would be the same as The Mets agreeing to Burnitz and Vaughn's contracts a few years ago. It's complete idiocy. The guy had horrible numbers last year for the type of money you'd be paying for him. He's over the hill and would just be another team paying a big check for a guy who has no right to make that money.

 

Please explain what makes Green actually worth that money for a mid-level team?

644977[/snapback]

 

Offer him a 2 year deal of his fair market value and if he accepts it, great, if he doesn't oh well, life goes on.

645318[/snapback]

 

 

not a free agent, we would have to trade for him, and pay him his current salary

If we are going to pursue an expensive outfielder, I would prefer Magglio Ordonez.

 

If the goal is a lefty power bat, I would prefer Carlos Delgado.

 

Either way I wouldn't want a guy that only has warning-track power in PPS.

shawn green would hit 10 hr's in pps lol

644515[/snapback]

 

 

isnt Dodger stadium one of the best pitchers parks, even more so than pro player?

by the way i am new here i signed up a long time ago when i saw someone talk about other marlins sites on the offical marlins site but forgot that i did

644595[/snapback]

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for your comment dealing with this subject! I'll be looking foward to reading more of your posts on this terrific site. Although there are many members that visit to site to talk about the Marlins, your comments will be read, so don't feel left out! You can still add on a lot to this site and make it better! And I know that you'll make it better. So I'll be looking foward to reading a lot more of your posts. Thank you for coming and once again, welcome to the baords!

644601[/snapback]

was that supposed to be a sarcastic remark :headscratch

644882[/snapback]

:plain

 

i think he has that saved on is computer and whenever there's someone new, he just copy and pastes it

644924[/snapback]

 

Yeah, I think you're right. I've seen him write this a few times for new members. He must be trying to win them over before they start talking to others and turn on him.

 

Marlins - You should end it with a disclaimer ("This message has been brought to you by a desperate soul trying to get you to really like me")

shawn green would hit 10 hr's in pps lol

644515[/snapback]

 

 

isnt Dodger stadium one of the best pitchers parks, even more so than pro player?

by the way i am new here i signed up a long time ago when i saw someone talk about other marlins sites on the offical marlins site but forgot that i did

644595[/snapback]

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for your comment dealing with this subject! I'll be looking foward to reading more of your posts on this terrific site. Although there are many members that visit to site to talk about the Marlins, your comments will be read, so don't feel left out! You can still add on a lot to this site and make it better! And I know that you'll make it better. So I'll be looking foward to reading a lot more of your posts. Thank you for coming and once again, welcome to the baords!

644601[/snapback]

was that supposed to be a sarcastic remark :headscratch

644882[/snapback]

:plain

 

i think he has that saved on is computer and whenever there's someone new, he just copy and pastes it

644924[/snapback]

 

Yeah, I think you're right. I've seen him write this a few times for new members. He must be trying to win them over before they start talking to others and turn on him.

 

Marlins - You should end it with a disclaimer ("This message has been brought to you by a desperate soul trying to get you to really like me")

645464[/snapback]

You guys are wrong but nice guesses and requests.

 

I don't copy and paste it but I do come up with similar sh!t everytime.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.