Mets and Beltran Officially Marry

Hojo

ESPN Radio now reporting and also in NY Newsday

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/met...ports-headlines

I don;t understand why you guys think it makes Delgado easier for you to get? It makes the Mets just that more attractive. They have more than enough room under the budget for him as well, AND he fits a hole perfectly.

Be MORE scared of the Mets now guys... not less.

The Mets still have 40 million to toss around????

God I hate NY baseball....

651394[/snapback]

Yep.. Piazza's contract is up this year, following year its Glavine and Floyd...

Plus... we can always ship out Floyd for nothing. We have a young guy named Diaz who can RAKE with the best of them.

omglaz must be like 14....

how the hell do you know if your team has heart in January?

Team dynamics change from year to year.

651408[/snapback]

This is why i never post here anymore to much non-sense,the board's awesome but damn some people stink it up

The Mets still have 40 million to toss around????

God I hate NY baseball....

651394[/snapback]

Yep.. Piazza's contract is up this year, following year its Glavine and Floyd...

Plus... we can always ship out Floyd for nothing. We have a young guy named Diaz who can RAKE with the best of them.

651402[/snapback]

Until you trade him for a mediocre player ala Kazmir.

Mets are good at two things:

1) Signing injury-prone over the hill players to ludicrous contracts

2) Trading their best minor-league talent for mediocrity

Now you have a rotation whose best 3 starters are huge question marks and are probably more likely to spend time on the DL simultaneously then they are to pitch back to back to back at any given time.

So you don't post here, because you get chided when you say nonsensical things like "the Marlins have heart, and the Mets don't" even though it's only January.

And you get mad because I point out that team dynamics change from year to year, and you really don't get a feel on your team til about June anyway?

Good... the board is probably smarter without you then.

cobain....

In case you haven't noticed... in just two years, the Mets have stripped themselves of all the bad habits... of all the "old guard".

Beltran himself just disputes your first point.

And please give me facts regarding our INJURY PRONE Rotation

Pedro, Glavine, Trax all pitched over 200 innings last year. Benson HAS been injury prone in the past, but even he had a relatively injury-free season as well. Zambrano as our firth starter is a freebie, as Jae Seo is more than capable of filling in.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your bad opinion

cobain....

Pedro, Glavine, Trax all pitched over 200 innings last year. Benson HAS been injury prone in the past, but even he had a relatively injury-free season as well. Zambrano as our firth starter is a freebie, as Jae Seo is more than capable of filling in.

Don;t let the facts get in the way of your bad opinion

651426[/snapback]

to say that pedro is not injury prone is not very...

smart

cobain....

651426[/snapback]

smart

651428[/snapback]

Again... check his stats the last three years instead of just referring to common perception.

You should use YOUR "smarts"

cobain....

651426[/snapback]

Well considering your track record on predicting things, I can see Pedro going down with a rotator cuff injury, Steve Trachsel taking 2 minutes between pitches and stiffening up with rigor mortis because of boredom, and Tom Glavine will continue to die under that horrid infield the Mets have.

And Kris will be too busy screwing his wife and Victor Zambrano is there.

cobain....

651426[/snapback]

smart

651428[/snapback]

Again... check his stats the last three years instead of just referring to common perception.

You should use YOUR "smarts"

651429[/snapback]

u said it yourself

look at the ERA inflation

it's huge

and tho i don't think his shoulder is 90% torn, if a report like that comes out, it can't be totally untrue

where there's smoke, there's fire

ERA is not that stat I meant for you check to check. I meant IP. I am worried about his second half production... like most pitcher's Pedro does start to wear dwon thowards the end of the year. He becomes a 6 inning pitcher instead of 7 right around Sept.

But you guys said INJURY PRONE... not that he sucks... those are two seperate arguements...

I didn't predict anything. All I said was that those claims are not backed up by stats. They are just perceived to be in that manner. But again... the stats say OTHERWISE

651435[/snapback]

ERA from last 5 years:

2000: 1.74

2001: 2.39

2002: 2.26

2003: 2.22

2004: 3.90

an ERA jump of nearly 1.7 aint lookin too good in the career track, especially with a pitcher with a history of shoulder problems

ERA is not that stat I meant for you check to check. I meant IP. I am worried about his second half production... like most pitcher's Pedro does start to wear dwon thowards the end of the year. He becomes a 6 inning pitcher instead of 7 right around Sept.

But you guys said INJURY PRONE... not that he sucks... those are two seperate arguements...

651437[/snapback]

We never said Pedro sucks. We just said that you are in for a very long ride with him. You are naive to believe that he isn't going to get injured and even more naive to think that he isn't going to have shoulder problems. Have fun with him coming from a Red Sox fan.

oh my god.... one person calls him injury prone... I argue that he's not... so now I'm naive to think that he'll never get injured... and that I don't want to look at his ERA?

Thats not the friggin point is all I'm saying. OF COURSE, Pedro will go on the DL somewhere along his contract. ALL I'm saying is that he's not as injury prone as perceived... especially the last three years!

Heckaroo, of course his ERA last year concerns me... but again... the point was injury prone. Adn even in an off-year... his record last year was pretty damn good for the AL with a below league awerage ERA.