Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another BAT!

Featured Replies

Yea Beinfestis trying to get a bat wth Power, to drive in some runs. Lets see what Happens in the trade deadlne.

Does anybody know this for certain? Any official release?

 

Link to thread where this question was originally asked: Power Hitter?

 

:mischief2

what if hte marlins get conine to play left field?

 

 

 

does that change your thinking any?

I don't think anyone wants to demote Cabs right now...

 

But anything is possible!

 

That's an interesting point, though. I haven't seen anyone mention it in the multitudes of discussions that have been had on this topic. I did, but nobody paid any attention... :D

what if hte marlins get conine to play left field?

 

 

 

does that change your thinking any?

I don't think anyone wants to demote Cabs right now...

 

But anything is possible!

 

That's an interesting point, though. I haven't seen anyone mention it in the multitudes of discussions that have been had on this topic. I did, but nobody paid any attention... :D u did ? i dont remeber seeing that... got link ?

I like Huff, that is a good idea. He is an excellent hitter in the making - .304 17HR .900OPS. He does have 55 k's, but his OBP and SLG are pretty good too (as evidenced by his OPS). I think he would be a great hitter for the Marlins at JRS. But who would we trade for him?

 

Then there is Brian Giles. Apparently the Dodgers are rumored to be going after him. I think we could jump in there as well. Giles is batting .306 10HR .956 OPS. His power numbers may be down, but this guy is a serious run producer. I think he also would be a good match for the Marlins...and probably easier to trade for considering his paycheck ($8.5MM per) and his dwindling home runs...

I like Huff, that is a good idea. He is an excellent hitter in the making - .304 17HR .900OPS. He does have 55 k's, but his OBP and SLG are pretty good too (as evidenced by his OPS). I think he would be a great hitter for the Marlins at JRS. But who would we trade for him?

 

Then there is Brian Giles. Apparently the Dodgers are rumored to be going after him. I think we could jump in there as well. Giles is batting .306 10HR .956 OPS. His power numbers may be down, but this guy is a serious run producer. I think he also would be a good match for the Marlins...and probably easier to trade for considering his paycheck ($8.5MM per) and his dwindling home runs...

The problem with Giles is that I doubt the Pirates would be willing to pick up any of his salary, and I am not sure exactly how much salary Mr. Loria wants to add on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.