Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you think this years opening day crowd will be

Featured Replies

There's never been such a positive buzz around baseball about the Marlins in the offseason like this before.

 

It'll pass 55 K

I hope it does, but we will see. If they could somehow announce that the stadium deal is complete before opening day then that would def help attendance

I think opening week crowd is also important.

 

Last year in the opening week (first 6 games) we averaged 30,170. But that was helped by the ring ceremony which drew 46,000.

 

I wonder if we can get close to that this year?

 

Here are some past opening day crowds

 

2004:55,315

2003:37,137

2002:23,877 even worse is that the follwing 2 games we had 9,000 COMBINED

the news said that Loria has opened up all seats, will allow for up to 66,500.

685029[/snapback]

 

 

Then we will have about 65,000 then :thumbup

 

The World Series all over again! I cannot wait until opening day! :banana

  • 1 month later...

Last years was bigger, this year just had more sold tickets

730103[/snapback]

 

I agree. There were huge areas of the upper deck that were empty, plus two large areas in the lower bowl were empty as well. Must of been a number of corporations buying up the tickets for give-aways (auto dealers, etc.)

I was in row 146 row 3 in the founders club and there were only four other people in the entire row, the rest of the row was completely empty. I'm thinking a company owned those seats and didn't give out tickets to their employees or something.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.