February 12, 200521 yr I dont think it will be bigger than last year, but I do think it will be the second largest ever. The past few years excluding last year, we were in the 30,000 range. I think we should definetly get over 40,000 which is good. I just checked ticket master and all infield box, terrace box, fish tank are gone. There is about 2-3 rows left in the outfield so the whole lower level should be sold out within a few min. For club level all they have left is above the fish tank in the outfield.
February 12, 200521 yr I don't think there will be as many as there were last year because last season there were a lot of bandwagon fans. But, I do expect it to be between 40,000+.
February 12, 200521 yr I dont think there will be a larger crowd but it definitely will be big. Last year, every fan was expecting big things from the Defending Champs. This year theyre expecting big things from Delgado. There are still bandwagoners, so the stadium will be far from empty.
February 12, 200521 yr acouple things for sure..... loud many fans alot of bandwagoners guaranteed over 40,000 fun Carlos Delgado
February 12, 200521 yr There is such a buzz about the Marlins right now, yes I do believe they will top last year's mark. Fanfest was packed this year, and Samson mentioned that by 10:30 they had already surpassed 2002, by noon they expected to surpass 2003 sales, and 2004 by the end of the day. Season ticket sales are also very strong.
February 13, 200521 yr Marlins vs. Braves Burnett/Beckett vs. Hudson Delgado's first game I think it will be a sellout and a very good game
February 13, 200521 yr Marlins vs. Braves Burnett/Beckett vs. Hudson Delgado's first game I think it will be a sellout and a very good game 684033[/snapback] By baseball standards, it will probably be a sellout three times over :lol .
February 13, 200521 yr Marlins vs. Braves Burnett/Beckett vs. Hudson Delgado's first game I think it will be a sellout and a very good game 684033[/snapback] Agreed. Don't the Marlins consider it a sell-out for anything over about 35K? If so, then by definition it will be a sell-out.
February 13, 200521 yr I think today's large attendance shows that this team can get large crowds. If the team is competitive and in the playoff hunt all year, I expect the Marlins to average around 30K per game.
February 13, 200521 yr I think today's large attendance shows that this team can get large crowds. If the team is competitive and in the playoff hunt all year, I expect the Marlins to average around 30K per game. 684222[/snapback] 30K per game. :o Wow, that would be something. Quite a jump over this past year. For the year that would translate to 2.4M.....an increase from 1.7M this past year. Could it happen? It is certainly possible if, like you said, we are in the playoff hunt at the end of the season.
February 13, 200521 yr I think today's large attendance shows that this team can get large crowds.? If the team is competitive and in the playoff hunt all year, I expect the Marlins to average around 30K per game. 684222[/snapback] 30K per game. :o Wow, that would be something. Quite a jump over this past year. For the year that would translate to 2.4M.....an increase from 1.7M this past year. Could it happen? It is certainly possible if, like you said, we are in the playoff hunt at the end of the season. 684230[/snapback] I read somewhere that we averaged 22K per game this past year... so more like 1.8M.
February 13, 200521 yr It will also depend on how much advertising they put into opening day. As of now the club and lower level is gone. I just depends on how many they get in the next 51 days. Hopefully they will do like last year and update us every few days or so on how many they have sold
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.