CNNSI ranks the pitching staffs of the NL

Ramp

#3 Florida Marlins

Three-year Dolphins Stadium Indexes: Runs 96; HR 84

2004 Runs Allowed: 700, sixth in NL

Outlook: Beckett had trouble flashing that Game 6 form with consistency last season. Burnett dominated for a stretch after a slow start coming back from Tommy John surgery. If they can harness their talents this year, the Braves' run of division titles will be in jeopardy. Willis has been up-and-down his first two years, but he battled his way close to the 200-inning mark in 2004 and posted decent numbers all around. The former Rookie of the Year should get better. Leiter's main role might be helping these three kids keep it together.

link

#3 Florida Marlins

Three-year Dolphins Stadium Indexes: Runs 96; HR 84

2004 Runs Allowed: 700, sixth in NL

Outlook: Beckett had trouble flashing that Game 6 form with consistency last season. Burnett dominated for a stretch after a slow start coming back from Tommy John surgery. If they can harness their talents this year, the Braves' run of division titles will be in jeopardy. Willis has been up-and-down his first two years, but he battled his way close to the 200-inning mark in 2004 and posted decent numbers all around. The former Rookie of the Year should get better. Leiter's main role might be helping these three kids keep it together.

link

i hate that part of the game. its just so pointless. id bet my life that guys only like them cuz of their skimpy clothes.

685436[/snapback]

Can't argue with that :thumbup

685530[/snapback]

wrong thread :thumbup

685531[/snapback]

No it is very relevant to this thread.

The guys only like the Braves staff before Smoltzy is a beast in his skimpy clothes, hairy like a bear. raaawr

i hate that part of the game. its just so pointless. id bet my life that guys only like them cuz of their skimpy clothes.

685436[/snapback]

Can't argue with that :thumbup

685530[/snapback]

wrong thread :thumbup

685531[/snapback]

No it is very relevant to this thread.

The guys only like the Braves staff before Smoltzy is a beast in his skimpy clothes, hairy like a bear. raaawr

Braves AND Marlins are overrated. Any rotation that has Ismael Valdez has serious problems going on. As for the Braves, they're banking on John Smoltz pitching like the John Smoltz of 10 years ago, and that's probably not going to happen.

685702[/snapback]

But im sure a staff banking on Benson, Martinez, Glavine, Seo, and Zambrano should be the Starting 5 to beat huh? LMAO please... you and your team are jokes.

Braves AND Marlins are overrated. Any rotation that has Ismael Valdez has serious problems going on. As for the Braves, they're banking on John Smoltz pitching like the John Smoltz of 10 years ago, and that's probably not going to happen.

685702[/snapback]

But im sure a staff banking on Benson, Martinez, Glavine, Seo, and Zambrano should be the Starting 5 to beat huh? LMAO please... you and your team are jokes.

685702[/snapback]

Bt im sure a staff banking on Benson, Martinez, Glavine, Seo, and Zambrano should be the Starting 5 to beat huh? LMAO please... you and your team are jokes.

685719[/snapback]

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, personally I think the Mets are ranked about right until Pedro proves himself in the NL and Victor Zambrano stays healthy enough to pitch a whole season. I'm just tired of people blwoing smole up the Braves and Marlins asses when their staffs took huge hits in the offseason.

685702[/snapback]

Bt im sure a staff banking on Benson, Martinez, Glavine, Seo, and Zambrano should be the Starting 5 to beat huh? LMAO please... you and your team are jokes.

685719[/snapback]

Thanks for putting words in my mouth, personally I think the Mets are ranked about right until Pedro proves himself in the NL and Victor Zambrano stays healthy enough to pitch a whole season. I'm just tired of people blwoing smole up the Braves and Marlins asses when their staffs took huge hits in the offseason.

You take shots at our staff for who our 5th starter is? Especially when he is very effective in Pro Player (1.55 ERA in 5 starts) and usually keeps us in most games he pitches? And again, he's our 5th starter.

I'm just glad we didn't spend 13 mil a year for 4 years on a pitcher with rapidly declining skills.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.