A Canes Fan in Despair!

CapeFish

I am going to study Meteorology and these two schools are the in-state choices I have narrowed down. I can't go to UM because I just can't stand to live in Miami that long. Lived there 8 years and 7 more in Pembroke Pines and I do not wish to return for extended periods of time.

This leaves me with Florida Tech in Melbourne (good private school in a good town close to Disney) or Florida $tate University in our hick capital of Tallytown (one of the Top 3 Meteorology schools in the country).....which should I pick?

I am constantly flipping them around.

I like Melbourne and Florida Tech....I hate the Seminoles as any Canes fan does.

However, F$U is much cheaper as a State school and they don't force freshmen to live on campus.

Any ideas, questions, comments, suggestions, or tips?

If I go to Tallytown, I will give up all college sports for 4 years. No way in hell I could cheer against the Canes...but I would be at FSU...so I can't cheer against them. What a dilemma.

693676[/snapback]

See its trickier for you since FSU is in the ACC too. I don't care if UF wins the SEC. And I hate FSU more, so they can beat them every year too.

I was going to become a Gator fan. I was going to try. Then they blew the Tennessee game last year, and that killed that attempt. They got Urban now and don't play the Canes for a while so I will try.

I have to get my schedule ready for Senior year and this is why this all came up. I had to investigate what they wish for me to take this year.

Here is my schedule:

Spanish II

AP English Language and Composition

Photography I/Driver's Ed

American History Honors

Comp. Law

Honors Physics

Honors Pre-Calculus

I am likely taking AP Chemistry, College Algebra, an Honors or AP History Class, and AP English Literature next year.

If I go to Tallytown, I will give up all college sports for 4 years. No way in hell I could cheer against the Canes...but I would be at FSU...so I can't cheer against them. What a dilemma.

693676[/snapback]

See its trickier for you since FSU is in the ACC too. I don't care if UF wins the SEC. And I hate FSU more, so they can beat them every year too.

I was going to become a Gator fan. I was going to try. Then they blew the Tennessee game last year, and that killed that attempt. They got Urban now and don't play the Canes for a while so I will try.

693680[/snapback]

I will be like the Swiss..... :plain

693676[/snapback]

nah, it aint that bad...i live up here in t-town, and im a big canes fan..you will deffinatly get razzed a bit, but i always LOVE rubbin it in their faces when we cream em in every sport like this year! trust me, this can be one of the funnest, or one of the worst places to be a canes fan; it just depends on the final score fo the games

I think after about 2 months in either location, you'll wish you were back in Miami. Honestly, you might want to rethink that.

693690[/snapback]

I don't think so :p

I'd rather be back home in the Cape. I am not too bad as a country mouse. The city mouse thing is not bad either, but UM's school is not as good and they have too many rules on freshmen in terms of meal plans and on-campus residence. I am very independent and can cook better than most of the people they have cooking.

Am I the only one seeing the irony of a Canes fan putting F$U?

Good ol' scUM fans.

PS: FSU > Michigan

9-28-91

FSU 51

Michigan 31

This was in the Big House, mind you.

Good ol' scUM fans.

9-28-91

FSU 51

Michigan 31

693706[/snapback]

Wrong UM :whistle

693707[/snapback]

That was for Dazzler, not you.

Good ol' scUM fans.

9-28-91

FSU 51

Michigan 31

693706[/snapback]

Wrong UM :whistle

693707[/snapback]

That was for Dazzler, not you.

693708[/snapback]

The Canes cheat better, FSU just sucks at life.

And Canes > Wolverines.

I'll take a Wolverines loss to FSU as long as UM beats FSU every year.

Get over the rivalry and go to FSU.

693668[/snapback]

Yeah I am at UF.

I enjoy booing everything sports related and then wearing my Hurricane and Wolverine jerseys around.

UM (all three of them, including UM (OH) is where its at.)

693674[/snapback]

Miami of Ohio is MU, not UM. Dumbass.

Pwned.

Get over the rivalry and go to FSU.

693668[/snapback]

Yeah I am at UF.

I enjoy booing everything sports related and then wearing my Hurricane and Wolverine jerseys around.

UM (all three of them, including UM (OH) is where its at.)

693674[/snapback]

Miami of Ohio is MU, not UM. Dumbass.

Pwned.

693748[/snapback]

YOU'RE A FUKKIN' OREO. YOU GOT PWNED BY GOD!!

/I win again

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.