Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnnie Cochran Dies

Featured Replies

Okay you can't blame a guy because he is a defense lawyer. That is how the system works, I think all of us would agree that those convicted of a crime deserve to have their side of the story heard. Just because he defended OJ doesn't mean he really believed he was innocent, for example. He might have, but that is besides the point. If you had a system where the prosectution always wins, that is not much of a fair system. He had a job and did it.

 

I think the case that will go down as the best thing he did is freeing that black panther from jail after 20 years for a crime he didn't commint. I forget the guy's name though.

724648[/snapback]

Great points.

 

He defended O.J, and O.J is free now.

 

And O.J is such a menace to society now. :confused

 

And Mets_BS I like how you play god saying "I hope he likes it hot"...because you are a defense lawyer, a job backed up by the constitution, sends you to hell?

 

One of those "No Js" was Paul Childs, a developmentally disabled 15-year-old killed by Denver police officer James Turney in 2003. Cochran skillfully negotiated a $1.3 million settlement that not only provided compensation for Childs' family but helped defuse the tense relations between police and the community that developed after the shooting.

 

Cochran had a long history of representing such "No Js," including a Haitian immigrant tortured by New York police, a 19-year-old black woman who was shot a dozen times by police as she sat in a locked car and a white trucker who was videotaped being beaten by a mob during the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

 

I know damn well if you got flashed loads of cash to defend P.Diddy, you would be right there.

 

?He passed peacefully,? said Pastor William Epps of the Second Baptist Church, to which Cochran belonged. ?He was a warm-hearted, loving, and spiritual person. We will all miss him very much.?

Excellent post by Passion. You guys let perception override reality entirely too much. Also, helping OJ helps him do pro-bono stuff that actually helps people that are truly in need and can't afford such a great attorney.

And Mets_BS I like how you play god saying "I hope he likes it hot"...because you are a defense lawyer, a job backed up by the constitution, sends you to hell?

 

 

Forget all his cases, forget all his clients, forget he was a lawyer. Why should I feel bad or respect a man that cheated on his wife for years and then beat her to boot? Everyone hated him and made snide comments about him when he was alive, but now he's dead and everyone's kissing his wife beating ass like he was some kind of patron saint.

And Mets_BS I like how you play god saying "I hope he likes it hot"...because you are a defense lawyer, a job backed up by the constitution, sends you to hell?

 

 

Forget all his cases, forget all his clients, forget he was a lawyer. Why should I feel bad or respect a man that cheated on his wife for years and then beat her to boot? Everyone hated him and made snide comments about him when he was alive, but now he's dead and everyone's kissing his wife beating ass like he was some kind of patron saint.

725932[/snapback]

 

Hey I know a ceratian baseball catcher/1b that beat his wife too! I think he plays for the Mets, what a small world huh? :whistle

And Mets_BS I like how you play god saying "I hope he likes it hot"...because you are a defense lawyer, a job backed up by the constitution, sends you to hell?

 

 

Forget all his cases, forget all his clients, forget he was a lawyer. Why should I feel bad or respect a man that cheated on his wife for years and then beat her to boot? Everyone hated him and made snide comments about him when he was alive, but now he's dead and everyone's kissing his wife beating ass like he was some kind of patron saint.

725932[/snapback]

 

Hey I know a ceratian baseball catcher/1b that beat his wife too! I think he plays for the Mets, what a small world huh? :whistle

725959[/snapback]

 

I'm also not on here sucking Ramon Castro's dick like half the board is to Cochran. Castro is a s*** head though, I hope he gets cut.

And Mets_BS I like how you play god saying "I hope he likes it hot"...because you are a defense lawyer, a job backed up by the constitution, sends you to hell?

 

 

Forget all his cases, forget all his clients, forget he was a lawyer. Why should I feel bad or respect a man that cheated on his wife for years and then beat her to boot? Everyone hated him and made snide comments about him when he was alive, but now he's dead and everyone's kissing his wife beating ass like he was some kind of patron saint.

725932[/snapback]

 

Hey I know a ceratian baseball catcher/1b that beat his wife too! I think he plays for the Mets, what a small world huh? :whistle

725959[/snapback]

 

I'm also not on here sucking Ramon Castro's dick like half the board is to Cochran. Castro is a s*** head though, I hope he gets cut.

725961[/snapback]

You have such a high understanding of 'Heaven and Hell' if you think beating your wife sends you to hell.

 

Mike Piazza is gay, we all know he's going to hell.

Who the f*** really cares?

 

 

I mean, really.

 

He was a lawyer who helped no one but himself. And of course, some ex-football wife-beating/murderer...

 

I can understand sympathy for Rodney Dangerfield or Ronald Regan. But not this bafoon.

724043[/snapback]

Obviously you don't know much about him outside of the OJ trial... he was a class act who did more for the community than almost anyone.

A great lawyer, and just as good a person. A one of a kind character too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.