March 29, 200521 yr Just heard a report on the news that he has died after an extended illness. He was the lawyer hired by O.J. Simpson, who successfully kept him out of jail, and once said in court, "If the glove does not fit, you must acquit". He was parodied on the show "Seinfeld" by a character named Jackie Chiles, who frequently acted as Cosmo Kramer's laywer in several crazy lawsuits.
March 29, 200521 yr Insane, very unexpected. RIP. 723795[/snapback] Hes had cancer for a long time now he was expected to die soon...
March 29, 200521 yr Author Insane, very unexpected. RIP. 723795[/snapback] Hes had cancer for a long time now he was expected to die soon... 723796[/snapback] Yes, he had a brain tumor of some kind.
March 30, 200521 yr Why are we talking about Chewbacca when Johnnie Cochran died, this doesn't make any sense. I mean, why would a 7 foot tall wookiee want to live on Endor with a bunch of 2 foot tall Ewoks?
March 30, 200521 yr шут юри�т 723802[/snapback] = shut the lawyer 723833[/snapback] шут = "buffoon" lawyer OK
March 30, 200521 yr I didn't even know he was sick. RIP 723888[/snapback] I wasn't aware either until I got an e-mail from USAToday.com breaking news e-mail alerts saying that he passed away, I was shocked. Apparently it was from an inoperable brain tumor which is very sad and really hits close to home for me because I lost my brother to the same thing. You'll be missed, Johnny.
March 30, 200521 yr Who the f*** really cares? I mean, really. He was a lawyer who helped no one but himself. And of course, some ex-football wife-beating/murderer... I can understand sympathy for Rodney Dangerfield or Ronald Regan. But not this bafoon.
March 30, 200521 yr wow some of you guys have no respect. How would you like if someone you knew died and everyone said "who gives a crap and no he wont be missed at all" jeeze learn some respect. Even if you didnt like the guy for one reason or another he was still a human being. Just my 2 cents...take it for what its worth.
March 30, 200521 yr wow some of you guys have no respect. How would you like if someone you knew died and everyone said "who gives a crap and no he wont be missed at all" jeeze learn some respect. Even if you didnt like the guy for one reason or another he was still a human being. Just my 2 cents...take it for what its worth. 724122[/snapback] To have respect you must earn it. If i was an a**hole in life, thats how I would be rememberd. Not anyones fault but mine, or in this case Jonny.
March 30, 200521 yr Author I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for Cochran, O.J. would be in jail right now.
March 30, 200521 yr His defense of OJ might not have been his moral high point, but you shouldnt call him lacking of any morals. He has helped a lot of indigent people who cant afford a big name lawyer like him for free. How many people of his stature do you know that give out their services for free?
March 30, 200521 yr wow some of you guys have no respect. How would you like if someone you knew died and everyone said "who gives a crap and no he wont be missed at all" jeeze learn some respect. Even if you didnt like the guy for one reason or another he was still a human being. Just my 2 cents...take it for what its worth. 724122[/snapback] To have respect you must earn it. If i was an a**hole in life, thats how I would be rememberd. Not anyones fault but mine, or in this case Jonny. 724275[/snapback] And he has earned it. You obviously don't know much about his career if you think otherwise.
March 30, 200521 yr wow some of you guys have no respect. How would you like if someone you knew died and everyone said "who gives a crap and no he wont be missed at all" jeeze learn some respect. Even if you didnt like the guy for one reason or another he was still a human being. Just my 2 cents...take it for what its worth. 724122[/snapback] To have respect you must earn it. If i was an a**hole in life, thats how I would be rememberd. Not anyones fault but mine, or in this case Jonny. 724275[/snapback] And he has earned it. You obviously don't know much about his career if you think otherwise. 724380[/snapback] You're right, he got P Diddy off, beat his wife, was sued by his mistress for palimony, and was going to defend the Beltway Snipers. Hope he likes it hot.
March 31, 200521 yr wow some of you guys have no respect. How would you like if someone you knew died and everyone said "who gives a crap and no he wont be missed at all" jeeze learn some respect. Even if you didnt like the guy for one reason or another he was still a human being. Just my 2 cents...take it for what its worth. 724122[/snapback] To have respect you must earn it. If i was an a**hole in life, thats how I would be rememberd. Not anyones fault but mine, or in this case Jonny. 724275[/snapback] And he has earned it. You obviously don't know much about his career if you think otherwise. 724380[/snapback] You're right, he got P Diddy off, beat his wife, was sued by his mistress for palimony, and was going to defend the Beltway Snipers. Hope he likes it hot. 724392[/snapback] You seem to be forgetting the numerous landmark civil rights cases and the countless number of people that didn't have a dime to their name that he represented for noble causes.
March 31, 200521 yr Okay you can't blame a guy because he is a defense lawyer. That is how the system works, I think all of us would agree that those convicted of a crime deserve to have their side of the story heard. Just because he defended OJ doesn't mean he really believed he was innocent, for example. He might have, but that is besides the point. If you had a system where the prosectution always wins, that is not much of a fair system. He had a job and did it. I think the case that will go down as the best thing he did is freeing that black panther from jail after 20 years for a crime he didn't commint. I forget the guy's name though.
March 31, 200521 yr Who the f*** really cares? I mean, really. He was a lawyer who helped no one but himself. And of course, some ex-football wife-beating/murderer... I can understand sympathy for Rodney Dangerfield or Ronald Regan. But not this bafoon. 724043[/snapback] *buffoon And yes, I agree.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.