April 12, 200521 yr I can understand not wanting to bench someone after 7 games, that's fine. However, I really want to know - how the hell are some people here advocating benching the RF or dropping the CF in the lineup when the problem is the LF and the 3B?
April 12, 200521 yr I can understand not wanting to bench someone after 7 games, that's fine. However, I really want to know - how the hell are some people here advocating benching the RF or dropping the CF in the lineup when the problem is the LF and the 3B? 739044[/snapback] Miguel I agree with--but Mikey is still playing fabulous defense, and his offense will come around.
April 12, 200521 yr I know, but the point is - Enc is the second best hitter on this team right now, and Juanpy is on fire the last couple of days - why touch them at all? That serves absolutely no purpose.
April 12, 200521 yr I know, but the point is - Enc is the second best hitter on this team right now, and Juanpy is on fire the last couple of days - why touch them at all? That serves absolutely no purpose. 739047[/snapback] Absolutely--even Encarnacion's outs are hard hits! And JP is really starting to heat up. Here's how I'd grade our lineup thus far (overall performance): CF- Juan Pierre-- B 2B- Luis Castillo-- D+ LF- Miguel Cabrera-- C- 1B- Carlos Delgado B+ 3B- Mike Lowell-- B C- Paul LoDuca-- C+ RF- Juan Encarnacion-- A- SS- Alex Gonzalez-- B P- A FREAKING PLUS
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits. So shut up about benching.
April 12, 200521 yr Well, something needs to be done--I don't care what you say, this inconsistency is rediculous....seriously... And sometimes I imagine Admin sitting at his computer and rubbing his hands with evil eyes, smirking and laughing, watching the chaos and knowing that he is ultimately responsible for all the controversy!
April 12, 200521 yr maybe instead of just benching a player, just start inserting some of the bench players in the starting lineup.(easley,conine,aguila) every once in a while.
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits. So shut up about benching. Yeah, losing is cool.
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits.? So shut up about benching. Yeah, losing is cool. 739066[/snapback] It's only April Juanky, these games don't count!! Let's watch the team suck, they will come out of it probably!! :plain
April 12, 200521 yr Jack just needs to play with the lineup. I trust he will fix it and we will start kick butt soon.
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits. So shut up about benching. Yeah, losing is cool. 739066[/snapback] Checked the standings around the league lately?
April 12, 200521 yr The more I watch Miguel play on defense the more I want to see him get his ass chewed out on the bench.
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits. So shut up about benching. Yeah, losing is cool. 739066[/snapback] Checked the standings around the league lately? 739075[/snapback] It's not so much that it's been a week. The same crap that cost them last season is costing them again. Damage control dammit.
April 12, 200521 yr Miguel needs to be the DH on an AL team. 739080[/snapback] No Miguel needs to get his head out of his ass.
April 12, 200521 yr Miguel needs to be the DH on an AL team. 739080[/snapback] No Miguel needs to get his head out of his ass. 739087[/snapback] No Miguel needs to get his glove out of his ass.
April 12, 200521 yr It's been 7 games and all of the players in question have demonstrated that they possess the talent and ability to knock in some runs and get base hits. So shut up about benching. Yeah, losing is cool. 739066[/snapback] Checked the standings around the league lately? 739075[/snapback] It's not so much that it's been a week. The same crap that cost them last season is costing them again. Damage control dammit. 739082[/snapback] It's even worse when you know the pieces are there but they're just not gelling.
April 12, 200521 yr I really think that the solution to our problems is replacing Jack with a 10 year old sports nerd... It works in the movies, and we all know movies are real...
April 12, 200521 yr Miguel needs to be the DH on an AL team. 739080[/snapback] No Miguel needs to get his head out of his ass. 739087[/snapback] I'm in total agreement on that one Das. It's pathetic how much talent that guy has and he continully plays like he's better than everyone else. Superstars can field Balls rolling in the grass, he really needs to get it together.
April 12, 200521 yr Enc is not the best hitter on the team right now.. he hit two mistake pitches for homeruns.. the second of which, was off a pitcher it looked like anyone on this forum could probably get a base hit off of. Other than that, he has been pretty marginal. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Conine in the 7 spot.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.