Kerry Wood needs to be a closer

Iowa

If he doesn't make the switch, he's gonna be out of baseball in 3 years max. Lord knows they need a closer. There's no way he can stay healthy as a starter. Call up Angel Guzman, plug him in the rotation, if Dempster or Rusch can't do it, and they're good to go.

Any thoughts?

They've been bouncing the idea around for a while now.

I think it's up to him though...and he's getting paid an awful lot to become a closer. Personally, I think he needs to change his mechanics more than anything...you know, the old saying of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," well, it's certainly "broke," but Kerry's too stubborn to fix it.

I heard a stat that hitters are hitting .400 against him in his first 30 pitches.. not sure how far back that goes but that can't be a good thing for a closer.

762654[/snapback]

Yeah...that's not good.

First inning, ninth inning, either way, those would be your first pitches, and if you struggle with control...uh oh.

Unless Guzman is ready to make the jump right now, I doubt the Cubs can do this...

He just needs to get out of Chicago and pitch for a year or two with some team that has no expectations so he can get back on track.

762761[/snapback]

Tampa Bay?

763326[/snapback]

There was that whole Kerry Wood for Huff and Baez talk earlier.

Not that it makes much sense for the Rays, considering injury and money.

He just needs to get out of Chicago and pitch for a year or two with some team that has no expectations so he can get back on track.

762761[/snapback]

Tampa Bay?

763326[/snapback]

763579[/snapback]

...stemmed by fat head jay mariotti who knows nothing.

762761[/snapback]

Tampa Bay?

763326[/snapback]

763579[/snapback]

...stemmed by fat head jay mariotti who knows nothing.

763635[/snapback]

Hence the second part of my post:

Not that it makes much sense for the Rays, considering injury and money.

762761[/snapback]

Tampa Bay?

763326[/snapback]

No way. If he goes to the AL, he'll get lit up faster than you can say Javier Vasquez. He needs to stay in NL IMO.

Him and his fragile arm, shoulder, and elbow pitching every day and/or every other day?

It would never work. This guy is just a fragile waste of talent, has been for 7 years and will continue to be.

763231[/snapback]

i agree with u and i think mark prior is heading that way too.....dusty baker is killing the cubs pitchin this guy f***ing sux as a manager....