Fan Generalizations

MarlinsFan253

I am growing tired of fellow Marlin fans throwing around the term "bandwagon fan". I think we should stop accusing each other of being bandwagon fans. Everyone deals with winning and losing in their own way and I don't think it is fair for people to decide if someone is a true fan based on how they react to losing. I will agree that booing your own team under any circumstances is unacceptable, but people should not tell others that they are not true fans for making criticisms. That is how I feel anyway.

I am growing tired of fellow Marlin fans throwing around the term "bandwagon fan". I think we should stop accusing each other of being bandwagon fans. Everyone deals with winning and losing in their own way and I don't think it is fair for people to decide if someone is a true fan based on how they react to losing. I will agree that booing your own team under any circumstances is unacceptable, but people should not tell others that they are not true fans for making criticisms. That is how I feel anyway.

800359[/snapback]

at some point i have booed every team i follow.

800359[/snapback]

you're right..some people on here are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to this stuff, if you have an opposing viewpoint than someone else you're automatically wrong and a bandwagoner

People fail to realize that when you joined and how many posts you have DOES NOT determine if your a good fan or not.

It's not easy to find these sites really.....I just found a large white sox fan site about a month ago, and I've been a huge White Sox fan for as long as i can remember.

I will agree that booing your own team under any circumstances is unacceptable, but people should not tell others that they are not true fans for making criticisms. That is how I feel anyway.

800359[/snapback]

Do you mean booing at games? Why arent you allowed to boo your team. If they are playing poorly they deserive to hear it. I have booed all my teams. I boo the panthers all the time, I boo the marlins if they blow a 5 run lead or if the jets are down by 17. There is nothing wrong with it, it just shows you care about the team.

Even if someone is a bandwagon fan, if you want them to ever become a real fan and follow the team even when they do bad, don't scream at them for being bandwagon fans! Getting on them for being a bandwagon fan will only drive them away from the team.

The Marlins needs a raise in their attendance, and bandwagon fans raise our attendance, so why be mad at them? We need more fans, and if we can make these bandwagon fans always stay around then it will help our team!

Every team has bandwagon fans, and the more real fans a team has, usually the more bandwagon fans they have. We don't have as many bandwagon fans as a lot of teams, so if you hate bandwagon fans then you should be happy. Also, since every team has bandwagon fans, people should grow up and mature, so as to be able to cope with bandwagon fans.

It doesn't take long to realize that bandwagon fans are everywhere, and going crazy over bandwagon fans lack of knowledge is actually critizing yourself for not realizing that it's not such a big deal and that everyone has to deal with them.

Anyways, I believe that all criticisms, including those unrelated to bandwagon fans should be penalized for after a warning on this site, because quite frankly, the complaining over bandwagon fans should have been over a LONG time ago.

Guest Moneyball

Even if someone is a bandwagon fan, if you want them to ever become a real fan and follow the team even when they do bad, don't scream at them for being bandwagon fans! Getting on them for being a bandwagon fan will only drive them away from the team.

The Marlins needs a raise in their attendance, and bandwagon fans raise our attendance, so why be mad at them? We need more fans, and if we can make these bandwagon fans always stay around then it will help our team!

Every team has bandwagon fans, and the more real fans a team has, usually the more bandwagon fans they have. We don't have as many bandwagon fans as a lot of teams, so if you hate bandwagon fans then you should be happy. Also, since every team has bandwagon fans, people should grow up and mature, so as to be able to cope with bandwagon fans.

It doesn't take long to realize that bandwagon fans are everywhere, and going crazy over bandwagon fans lack of knowledge is actually critizing yourself for not realizing that it's not such a big deal and that everyone has to deal with them.

Anyways, I believe that all criticisms, including those unrelated to bandwagon fans should be penalized for after a warning on this site, because quite frankly, the complaining over bandwagon fans should have been over a LONG time ago.

801665[/snapback]

Oh great Marlins you are so wise. I cannot imagine the vast knowledge you hold. I wish I were you.

:plain

801665[/snapback]

Oh great Marlins you are so wise. I cannot imagine the vast knowledge you hold. I wish I were you.

801744[/snapback]

Iv'e been ignoring you for a while but now I gotta say something to you...

Could you please STFU?

Guest Moneyball

801665[/snapback]

801744[/snapback]

Iv'e been ignoring you for a while but now I gotta say something to you...

Could you please STFU?

801755[/snapback]

No.

Could you please STFU?