Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Devils Rays Clean House

Featured Replies

Devils Rays designated Alex Sanchez, yes he the fame of being the first player busted for steroids, despite him hitting .346 (including .372 in May).

 

With all the talk of outfielders....would he qualify even though i doubt it since he is a speedster just like JP is

  • Author

That was a good one ferry!!

 

El Penguino, I agree with you but i just brought it up cause I saw everyone wanted to make moves in the outfield, the only need I see that this team has is in the pen...cause as far as starters go Valdez will be back in a few weeks...so middle relief is where we need help

I like Joe Dillon, no question about it. I've got two years worth of positive posts about the guy on my side.

 

But in a choice between filling his roster spot with Joe or acquiring (for pretty much the same money) Sanchez it isn't even close. I'd take Sanchez everyday and twice on Sunday.

 

Which brings me to my point. Before y'all say you wouldn't take him, and start calling a .350 hitter disparaging names, consider the use. Last season Jose Guillen was a player no one wanted, no except the first place Washington Nationals who saw something no one else did and now, if you find credibility in recent media reports, the guy has become a leader on the team.

 

No, I wouldn't forsee Sanchez starting everyday in a Marlins uni, I wouldn't package a bundle of prospects for him or give up an Enc, but it appears the kid can flat-out hit and if there's one thing this team can use, it's guys who can hit.

 

I'm sure there will be some who say I'm all wrong, but depending on what moves Beinfest has in mind over the next month or so, stockpiling a guy or two like Sanchez may not be the worst idea in the world.

If Sanchez still has speed on the basepaths (insert drug joke here), I'd only take him as bench...pinch-runner, defensive replacement late in a double switch or something. I wouldn't start him

not sure why you think no one wanted Guillen

808782[/snapback]

 

Thank you for taking me so literally Ramp :blink:

 

The guy played for five different teams in three years and the word "controversy" seemed to follow him wherever he went. That's not exactly "show me some love".

not sure why you think no one wanted Guillen

808782[/snapback]

 

Thank you for taking me so literally Ramp :blink:

 

The guy played for five different teams in three years and the word "controversy" seemed to follow him wherever he went. That's not exactly "show me some love".

808809[/snapback]

while that may be the case, he was still producing at a high rate... Im sure there were a whole lot of teams aching at the chance to get him.... including us

I'd take him, at the very least he's more useful to this team than that 12th bullpen arm.

 

He gives us a pinch runner, a versatile outfielder (meaning we can trade Enc with a cleaner state of mind if he's the deal-maker), and at the very least, he's a clone of what JP used to be. I'd take him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.