Mister Blister

MarlinsFan253

How often do pitchers get blisters from pitching? In all my years of pitching, it never happened. The only time I get them is when I don't use batting gloves. My thumb gets torn open pretty easily. Damn, that hurts. I hope Josh doesn't have to sit out because of this. I know this has happened to him a few times before, but I really hope he was just making up the blister tonight because he wanted to come out of the game. Does anyone else think it may have just been an excuse? Please say yes. Thanks.

How can you make up a blister? It's visible.

810149[/snapback]

It could have been an underground blister. You can fake a blister if you have the slightest red spot on your finger. Even underground blisters can hurt like hell so maybe he just said it hasn't surfaced yet... Please.

810150[/snapback]

Why would he want to leave the game though? It wasn't a blow out yet and besides some poor defensive stuff, he was doing fine.

810149[/snapback]

It could have been an underground blister. You can fake a blister if you have the slightest red spot on your finger. Even underground blisters can hurt like hell so maybe he just said it hasn't surfaced yet... Please.

810150[/snapback]

Why would he want to leave the game though? It wasn't a blow out yet and besides some poor defensive stuff, he was doing fine.

810154[/snapback]

He may have just been nervous or he wasn't feeling right and he was too embarrassed to admit it so he made up a blister. God only knows.

810149[/snapback]

810150[/snapback]

810154[/snapback]

He may have just been nervous or he wasn't feeling right and he was too embarrassed to admit it so he made up a blister. God only knows.

810157[/snapback]

Oh please. He's a ML pitcher...he can suck it up.

I think the real question is, given his last start, was he having problems with this before tonight but didn't mention it to the trainer?

810168[/snapback]

Maybe. I highly doubt he would want to admit it if he noticed a blister forming. For one, he is trying to be a trooper. Also, I think he got tired of people making fun of him for missing games due to blisters. (One of my friends here in MI gave me some guff about it once.)

I think the real question is, given his last start, was he having problems with this before tonight but didn't mention it to the trainer?

810168[/snapback]

I seriously doubt it, given all the problems Josh had last year with them. I hope he stopped pitching tonight just as soon as he felt it, and before it broke open.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

810168[/snapback]

That's the first thing that came to my mind when Tommy said that he thought Josh might have a blister. Last outing, Josh was killing Texas until the wheels just came off. I started thinking that maybe he started to feel some pain in his finger that was affecting his grip. Tonight, just last outing, he was fine, throwing very well, until he had meltdown (due to the blister). So perhaps he had some tenderness last outing due to some loose skin perhaps, and then it partially healed during the interim. Then as he threw tonight that partially healed loose skin came away completely in the form of the blister. Hopefully he didn't break it open and he stopped before it got to be too serious.

How often do pitchers get blisters from pitching? In all my years of pitching, it never happened. The only time I get them is when I don't use batting gloves. My thumb gets torn open pretty easily. Damn, that hurts. I hope Josh doesn't have to sit out because of this. I know this has happened to him a few times before, but I really hope he was just making up the blister tonight because he wanted to come out of the game. Does anyone else think it may have just been an excuse? Please say yes. Thanks.

810147[/snapback]

you sir, are an idiot

How often do pitchers get blisters from pitching?? In all my years of pitching, it never happened.? The only time I get them is when I don't use batting gloves.? My thumb gets torn open pretty easily.? Damn, that hurts.? I hope Josh doesn't have to sit out because of this.? I know this has happened to him a few times before, but I really hope he was just making up the blister tonight because he wanted to come out of the game.? Does anyone else think it may have just been an excuse?? Please say yes.? Thanks.

810147[/snapback]

you sir, are an idiot

810339[/snapback]

Thanks for being honest. :confused