Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jack Forgetting Names

Featured Replies

Jack and Steve?

 

Known for occasionally botching names, McKeon had a "McKeonism" moment Sunday with TV personality Keith Olbermann.

 

Olbermann, who will be a guest on "The Tonight Show" on Monday, stopped by the manager's office at Angel Stadium.

 

Poking his head in the doorway as McKeon was addressing reporters, Olbermann said, "Hello, young man" to the 74-year-old McKeon.

 

After the two casually chatted briefly, Olbermann excused himself. As he walked away, McKeon said: "Thanks, Steve. Ah, Keith."

 

Olbermann shook his head and smiled as he left.

 

:lol Jack is so funny.

it's gotta piss off some of the players

817442[/snapback]

 

I don't think so...it could be a lot worse. Imagine waht Bob Knight would be calling some of these guys.

 

:whistle

it's gotta piss off some of the players

817442[/snapback]

 

I don't think so...it could be a lot worse. Imagine waht Bob Knight would be calling some of these guys.

 

:whistle

817453[/snapback]

well Perisho seemed pretty ticked

I don't think all of that forgetfulness is an act. I think Jack does that so people won't know he really doesn't remember names. Like what he did with Perisho. That certainly wasn't a joke. I am getting so I can't stand the guy.

Just as a matter of fact, McKeon did not call Perisho Mike. It was an overzealous sportswriter for the Post who wrote this and later apologized to McKeon and the organization.

 

Dont always believe what is writter in the paper. They have to sell papers and tend to misquote often. There is a reason that ballplayers in general do not like to talk to the media.

Just as a matter of fact, McKeon did not call Perisho Mike. It was an overzealous sportswriter for the Post who wrote this and later apologized to McKeon and the organization.

 

Dont always believe what is writter in the paper. They have to sell papers and tend to misquote often. There is a reason that ballplayers in general do not like to talk to the media.

817497[/snapback]

Do you have a source on that?

  • Author

I don't think all of that forgetfulness is an act. I think Jack does that so people won't know he really doesn't remember names. Like what he did with Perisho. That certainly wasn't a joke. I am getting so I can't stand the guy.

817481[/snapback]

Most of the time it's an act, but of course over here it was clearly a joke.

 

I'm curious to find out what's with Jack and the name Steve. Why does he like the name Steve so much? If we ever get the chance to interview him we should ask him that question.

  • Author

and everyone else source is what?

a newspaper.....please!

817568[/snapback]

Newspaper>Nothing

 

And you said that the sportswriter apologized for it after. So just show us where he apologized. It's not so difficult.

Just look at this from the Post today. Where is there anything harsh in what McKeon said in his book. This just happens to be the same writer.

 

"Dusty Baker is ignoring Jack McKeon's harsh words about the Cubs in McKeon's recent book.

 

"A lot of what we did was taken away because of that foul ball," McKeon writes about the 2003 NLCS, which the Marlins won in seven games, in I'm Just Getting Started. " 'Bartman this, Bartman that.' I don't want to hear it. I seems like the Cubs always have an excuse for everything. Hey, it's baseball, things happen ... I respect the Cubs' talent; and Dusty Baker, who knows the game inside and out, is a great manager. But sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy or just admit you didn't get the job done."

 

"It's Jack's book," Baker said last week. "I'm not going to answer about what someone else wrote. That's pointless."

  • Author

Just look at this from the Post today. Where is there anything harsh in what McKeon said in his book. This just happens to be the same writer.

 

"Dusty Baker is ignoring Jack McKeon's harsh words about the Cubs in McKeon's recent book.

 

"A lot of what we did was taken away because of that foul ball," McKeon writes about the 2003 NLCS, which the Marlins won in seven games, in I'm Just Getting Started. " 'Bartman this, Bartman that.' I don't want to hear it. I seems like the Cubs always have an excuse for everything. Hey, it's baseball, things happen ... I respect the Cubs' talent; and Dusty Baker, who knows the game inside and out, is a great manager. But sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy or just admit you didn't get the job done."

 

"It's Jack's book," Baker said last week. "I'm not going to answer about what someone else wrote. That's pointless."

817615[/snapback]

So just because he wrote a positive article about Jack means that Jack didn't call Perisho, Mike? You got to be joking if that's your reasoning...

Hey kid, reread the post before commenting. It is called

"putting words on paper to draw readers". There is nothing positive about the paragraph.

  • Author

Hey kid, reread the post before commenting. It is called

"putting words on paper to draw readers". There is nothing positive about the paragraph.

817621[/snapback]

Yeah...so he just made it up! :plain

 

They lie all the time...like lawyers. :plain

  • Author

not all the time but their job is to sell papers. Bernadino does it all the time

817644[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure he lies all the time. You must not read articles since they're all lies, right?

Hey kid, reread the post before commenting. It is called

"putting words on paper to draw readers". There is nothing positive about the paragraph.

817621[/snapback]

Yeah because that makes a lot of sense. The newspaper wants to expose themselves to a libel suit from a prominent south florida public figure.

 

If you're gonna make a statement that calls a report false, at least cite something other than your imagination.

go watch your cartoons

817671[/snapback]

you're pathetic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.