Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WPB Channel 5 reporting

Featured Replies

One can only hope these trade rumors are trying to put pressure on AJ to sign a multi-year deal now. Let's either get a deal done or let us know you are going elsewhere and then we'll trade you now.

One can only hope these trade rumors are trying to put pressure on AJ to sign a multi-year deal now. Let's either get a deal done or let us know you are going elsewhere and then we'll trade you now.

828529[/snapback]

 

Pb, rspectfully, I think you're dead wrong.

 

This rumor started in Baltimore, not Miami.

 

Look at the sole source.

One can only hope these trade rumors are trying to put pressure on AJ to sign a multi-year deal now. Let's either get a deal done or let us know you are going elsewhere and then we'll trade you now.

828529[/snapback]

 

Pb, rspectfully, I think you're dead wrong.

 

This rumor started in Baltimore, not Miami.

 

Look at the sole source.

828922[/snapback]

 

The rumor appears to have been started by Ken Rosenthal of SportingNews and all the networks have jumped on it...including channel 5. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the rumors are founded and preliminary discussions have taken place. Why would this be leaked in the first place? Are you implying Rosenthal is just making this up? If so, then why?

 

It could be the FO is just testing the waters to see what offers might be made. IMO it would have to be an offer we can't refuse to do it while we are still in the hunt. We have plenty of other tools to use to get the pieces we need.

 

There was some discussion prior to the season of getting an extension signed for AJ by about this time frame. Perhaps AJ has made up his mind he wants to test FA and there is little we can do. Or perhaps the FO wants him decide if his playoff chances are better with us or a team like Baltimore. One can only hope it is the latter...the operative word being hope. All things considered, my preference would be to lock him up for 3-4 more years. If we wait until the end of the season, I would expect our chances to be nil.

PB, maybe I misread you're post.

 

I got the impression you were saying they rumors came out of the Marlins FO and were aimed at putting pressure on AJ to sign or be traded. I just don't think Beinfest and company would use Rosenthal as a conduit considering how anti-Marlins his past rhetoric has been.

 

As I said in another thread, Rosenthal is to the Orioles as Gammons is to the Red Sox. That's why I believe he heard this from his sources in Baltimore, not from a source in the Marlins organization.

NBC NewsChannel 5 is the absolute WORST local news station on the face of the planet. I used to live in Broward before moving to PB County and I really miss NBC 6, kind of like how I miss Len Kasper :D .

A 4 year/ 40 mil starting point ay?

829265[/snapback]

 

I know, I thought that was a bit ridiculous, I mean that is the Yankees that gave Pavano that contract. And Burnett has not won 19 games....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.