Alright front office, it's your move

Ramp

This team has shown you alot(of crap) in this first half. What do you do?

Do you start shopping around the 2 Juans and AJ Burnett?

Do you make the team who wants AJ Burnett take Mike Lowell off your hands?

Do you start shopping Guillermo Mota too? How about Todd Jones?

Do you allow Chris Aguila to get some PT?(I dont want to get started with who is calling the shots, Jack or Beinfest)

Do you call up some more Mudcats(Vargas and Hermida)?

do you making a coaching change?

and finally, you gotta decide if we are buyers or sellers

This team has shown you alot(of crap) in this first half. What do you do?

Do you start shopping around the 2 Juans and AJ Burnett?

Do you make the team who wants AJ Burnett take Mike Lowell off your hands?

Do you start shopping Guillermo Mota too? How about Todd Jones?

Do you allow Chris Aguila to get some PT?(I dont want to get started with who is calling the shots, Jack or Beinfest)

Do you call up some more Mudcats(Vargas and Hermida)?

and finally, you gotta decide if we are buyers or sellers

849753[/snapback]

Based on your questions, it seems like you are leaning more towards selling? Can't disagree, but I think this team should be put on a very short leach.

Give them until 7/24, if we are 4+ games out of the Wild Card then sell the 2 juans, AJ, Todd, Mota, and try to move Lowell.

It is going to be though not to be sellers, we are in a long ass road trip to Philly, Arizona and San Francisco. Can't wait till the last minute to make trades

This team is not anywhere near being sellers. The 2nd game of this series was hard luck, with Olsen being impressive(6 IP, 4 H, 4K, 1 ER) and the bullpen blew it, which is not the norm. No one expected anything from Leiter. It's a bad series. Theres no reason to be sellers, which would say to the fans "hey we give up on 2006 too" because about the same exact team would be put on the field. Remember how everyone was in that come from behind win against the Brewers? Yes this board is very fickle, we win "WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY MARLINS 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!" we lose "SELL EVERYTHING PLAN FOR THE FUTURE DO IT NOW BEINFEST!!!". Need to find some in-between. The Marlins started off horrible in 2003 as well, 10 games below .500 at one point, and as someone said, the Red Sox were hovering around .500 at the All Star break last year. This team has all the pieces in place to make it to the World Series, and yes we should be about 30 games above .500, but we arent. But we have a good chance of turning it around. We really should of swept this series agains the Cubs, but tough luck happens. Think of the positives: Olsen doing well as a rookie starter, Chris Resop coming up and solidifying the bullpen, the return of Alfonseca soon, Jones doing well as the closer, Mota returning to form. Theres alot of positives, and theres a good chance that after the break we will come out of the gate with a fire lit under our ass, and our schedule the 2nd half isnt anywhere near as tough as the first half.

schedule isn't nearly as hard? LOL!

- We start 10 games on the road, 6 games on the West Coast. Where we have always sucked.

- 3 Games at home vs PIT - you know PIT by now right?

- 3 Games vs Washington - >.500 team

- 4 Games Series vs STLs at Bush Stadium

- 4 Games Series vs WSH in Washington

- 4 Games Series in Houston (who by the way is playing great after a slow start.)

Is not any easier, it is worst.

This team is not anywhere near being sellers. The 2nd game of this series was hard luck, with Olsen being impressive(6 IP, 4 H, 4K, 1 ER) and the bullpen blew it, which is not the norm. No one expected anything from Leiter. It's a bad series. Theres no reason to be sellers, which would say to the fans "hey we give up on 2006 too" because about the same exact team would be put on the field. Remember how everyone was in that come from behind win against the Brewers? Yes this board is very fickle, we win "WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY MARLINS 2005 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!" we lose "SELL EVERYTHING PLAN FOR THE FUTURE DO IT NOW BEINFEST!!!". Need to find some in-between. The Marlins started off horrible in 2003 as well, 10 games below .500 at one point, and as someone said, the Red Sox were hovering around .500 at the All Star break last year. This team has all the pieces in place to make it to the World Series, and yes we should be about 30 games above .500, but we arent. But we have a good chance of turning it around. We really should of swept this series agains the Cubs, but tough luck happens. Think of the positives: Olsen doing well as a rookie starter, Chris Resop coming up and solidifying the bullpen, the return of Alfonseca soon, Jones doing well as the closer, Mota returning to form. Theres alot of positives, and theres a good chance that after the break we will come out of the gate with a fire lit under our ass, and our schedule the 2nd half isnt anywhere near as tough as the first half.

849795[/snapback]

I pretty much agree. I don't think you can rule out the possibility of selling a piece or 2 off, though.

Yes I know the schedule, in fact I listed by team and home/away matchups about a week ago. Pittsburgh only has our # @ Pitt. I live by St. Louis, I see them every day, they are easily beatable. They arent as good as everyone thinks, they have been padded by the soft NL Central so far. We are better the Washington, they dont scare me either. I still think the NL East will come down to who wins the season series between the Braves/Marlins.

Look, this team needs to remove the "cancerous" players that are nothing but whiners and complainers and have to absolutely move. The following player, in my estimation have to move becuase they are doing us more harm than good and contribute to a negative clubhouse environment:

1. A.J. Burnett (P)

2. Josh Beckett (P)

3. Guillermo Mota (P)

4. Tim Spooneybarger (P) Even though he has not pitched, he was not well liked in Atlanta becuase of his attitude.

These players are not necessarrily bad players, but they are more worried about their paycheck than what the team needs to win. I don't think that this year we have what it take. I think that we should start to focus on what we need and retool for next year. I am not going to put up any mock trades, but it is apparent that some of these guys have to get out of here.

this team hasnt shown fire for more than 2 games in a row all year

atleast 1 major change really needs to be made

849800[/snapback]

Maverick,my Sellers topic was locked by the moderator. You told me to GO AWAY.

How can you be ignorant toward me? You asked the question in this thread here and I just gave my opinion via my own thread ...as I did not see yours.I just got home and posted without reading yours.So why shoot me down?

In other words, how was what I posted any different than what you or anyone else posted here or in the DISGUSTING thread? Ok, get mad if I started yet another similar topic but people get mad at me for being opinionated? Why? Everyone else expresses the same thoughts and all of sudden there are 100 replies in agreement.But when I post something similar, everyone tells me to GO AWAY.\

I might as well shoot myself :(

They have to make some sort of move in the next week, what that is I don't know. Trying to figure out waht will improve this team. Bullpen move probably would not do very much, the need for a starting pitching isn't really there, and without making any major moves what can improve the offense? If you trade Enc the offense gets weaker. Trading Mike Lowell would probably be the best way to improve the offense, but who is going to want him unless like you said AJ is involved and then they have to worry about starting pitching. I just don't feel like it would be a good idea.

That brings up the idea of a coaching change. Would it be fair to Jack...probably not. This is the avenue I lean towards the most over the break if a move is to be made which is pretty obvious something needs to happen, but then again a coaching change won't get Mike Lowell out of his slump or make Alex Gonzalez hit more home runs. This team has the talent to win, it just isn't happening.

I don't know, I'm glad I don't have to make the decisions on this one. It's a tough call.

One thing is for sure...if the team does not show any improvement over the next few weeks, Marlins have 4 or 5 players in AJ, Enc, Jones, Mota, hell maybe even JP that they could get a whole lot in return. AJ would easily be the best pitcher on the market, Jones and Mota would probably near the top in releivers. I really hope it doesn't come to that though.

Look, this team needs to remove the "cancerous" players that are nothing but whiners and complainers and have to absolutely move. The following player, in my estimation have to move becuase they are doing us more harm than good and contribute to a negative clubhouse environment:

1. A.J. Burnett (P)

2. Josh Beckett (P)

3. Guillermo Mota (P)

4. Tim Spooneybarger (P) Even though he has not pitched, he was not well liked in Atlanta becuase of his attitude.

These players are not necessarrily bad players, but they are more worried about their paycheck than what the team needs to win. I don't think that this year we have what it take. I think that we should start to focus on what we need and retool for next year. I am not going to put up any mock trades, but it is apparent that some of these guys have to get out of here.

849826[/snapback]

How come this person is not told to GO AWAY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

this team hasnt shown fire for more than 2 games in a row all year

849800[/snapback]

How can you be ignorant toward me? You asked the question in this thread here and I just gave my opinion via my own thread ...as I did not see yours.I just got home and posted without reading yours.So why shoot me down?

In other words, how was what I posted any different than what you or anyone else posted here or in the DISGUSTING thread? Ok, get mad if I started yet another similar topic but people get mad at me for being opinionated? Why? Everyone else expresses the same thoughts and all of sudden there are 100 replies in agreement.But when I post something similar, everyone tells me to GO AWAY.\

849839[/snapback]

It's a freaking forum. People just get mad when you jam down their throats that their team sucks AFTER EVERY LOSS. It gets old.

1. A.J. Burnett (P)

2. Josh Beckett (P)

3. Guillermo Mota (P)

849826[/snapback]

Spooneybarger is pitching in the Minors. Beckett doesn't just care about his paycheck, he was visibly upset that he got hurt and let the team down. Mota was upset about losing the closer role but seems to be over it. As for Burnett...he was easy going before the season. Needs to get that back.

1. A.J. Burnett (P)

2. Josh Beckett (P)

3. Guillermo Mota (P)

I'll keep Spooneybarger the rest can go. Also Bump, Treanor, Leiter don't belong in the bigs. We might not have better options but I rather see guys out there with some potential some what.

Example

Leiter replace by Kevin Cave, Mike Flannery

Bump replaced by same as Leiter. but I don't have that much of a problem with Bump cause atleast he pitches okay at times and doesn't make what Leiters makes.

:( this team hasnt shown fire for more than 2 games in a row all year

849800[/snapback]

849839[/snapback]

It's a freaking forum. People just get mad when you jam down their throats that their team sucks AFTER EVERY LOSS. It gets old.

849847[/snapback]

How am I the only one that jams these opinions down people's throats? (as you so eloquently put it)

Do you monitor your own forum? The other day I counted ummm, countless similar topics...and many by the same person.

Ignorant..and a definite vendetta against me for no reason..mr.Moderator. Sad to see

I loathe the "cancerous player" theories.

849829[/snapback]

Loathe it all you want, but it is a reality and teams move these players all the time. Sosa, Guillen, Drew, ARod, etc. These players hurt their teams more than do them good. Look at Kevin Millar, he will probably get moved because he is not shutting his yap in Boston. The players that I have named are all GOOD players, but they are all whiners and that dosent really help a team out