Alright front office, it's your move

Ramp

There are no such things as cancerous players, only players that can not fit into a specific clubhouse or impefect clubhouse combinations and media/professional scapegoats.

Ex. Pudge, Pierzynski and Guillen

P.S. And based on your cherrypicking of players, I think you might have an agenda.

There are no such things as cancerous players, only players that can not fit into a specific clubhouse.

P.S. And based on your cherrypicking of players, I think you might have an agenda.

849872[/snapback]

Enc's a cancerous player.His laziness rubs off on the other guys.

The Marlins, however are filled with players that a team would dream of having. Players that give it their all each and everyday and love what it is that they do.

Paul LoDuca ©

Mike Lowell (3B)

Juan Pierre (CF)

Luis Castillo (2B)

Carlos Delgado (1B)

These players are what the game is all about. Sure, Lowell is not having a great season this year, but his comments after he signed his long term contract with us showed me what kind of man he is. He astounded at the amount of money that he would be receiving all for playing a game. He also gave the Marlins a hometown discount to stay with the team and city that he loves. Pierre and LoDuca are all hustle and I love them. When you build a team, these are the players that you build around. I love my team, always have, but this year we need to focus on the future. We have too many gaping holes in our bullpen and a sputtering offense. Our starting pitching has also felt the effects of inconsistency and a bit of the injury bug. Hopefully things will turn around in the second half

There are no such things as cancerous players, only players that can not fit into a specific clubhouse.

849872[/snapback]

Agenda? No. Just an observation of our team and teams who, as you say, remove plaers that do not fit in their system. BTW I forgot Pierzynski

The Marlins, however are filled with players that a team would dream of having. Players that give it their all each and everyday and love what it is that they do.

Paul LoDuca ?

Mike Lowell (3B)

Juan Pierre (CF)

Luis Castillo (2B)

Carlos Delgado (1B)

These players are what the game is all about. Sure, Lowell is not having a great season this year, but his comments after he signed his long term contract with us showed me what kind of man he is. He astounded at the amount of money that he would be receiving all for playing a game. He also gave the Marlins a hometown discount to stay with the team and city that he loves. Pierre and LoDuca are all hustle and I love them. When you build a team, these are the players that you build around. I love my team, always have, but this year we need to focus on the future. We have too many gaping holes in our bullpen and a sputtering offense. Our starting pitching has also felt the effects of inconsistency and a bit of the injury bug. Hopefully things will turn around in the second half

849884[/snapback]

It appears to me that Josh Beckett gives his all, all the time. He wants nothing more than to win every start out. So he gets hurt, doesnt mean he doesnt care

Paul LoDuca ?

Mike Lowell (3B)

Juan Pierre (CF)

Luis Castillo (2B)

Carlos Delgado (1B)

849884[/snapback]

cabrera is another I would add to the give it all list

Paul LoDuca ?

Mike Lowell (3B)

Juan Pierre (CF)

Luis Castillo (2B)

Carlos Delgado (1B)

These players are what the game is all about. Sure, Lowell is not having a great season this year, but his comments after he signed his long term contract with us showed me what kind of man he is. He astounded at the amount? of money that he would be receiving all for playing a game. He also gave the Marlins a hometown discount to stay with the team and city that he loves. Pierre and LoDuca are all hustle and I love them. When you build a team, these are the players that you build around. I love my team, always have, but this year we need to focus on the future. We have too many gaping holes in our bullpen and a sputtering offense. Our starting pitching? has also felt the effects of inconsistency and a bit of the injury bug. Hopefully things will turn around in the second half

849884[/snapback]

It appears to me that Josh Beckett gives his all, all the time. He wants nothing more than to win every start out. So he gets hurt, doesnt mean he doesnt care

849892[/snapback]

Yes you are right. However, he does have a bit of an ego and rubs some people wrong. I know that it is not his fault that he develops blisters on his fingers, but it is something that the marlins cannot continue to acdept. I mean, It sucks that you are almost guarantted that there will be parts of the season that you will lose your ace for some period of time. The really hurts a ball club. I am not knocking his effort

Paul LoDuca ?

Mike Lowell (3B)

Juan Pierre (CF)

Luis Castillo (2B)

Carlos Delgado (1B)

These players are what the game is all about. Sure, Lowell is not having a great season this year, but his comments after he signed his long term contract with us showed me what kind of man he is. He astounded at the amount? of money that he would be receiving all for playing a game. He also gave the Marlins a hometown discount to stay with the team and city that he loves. Pierre and LoDuca are all hustle and I love them. When you build a team, these are the players that you build around. I love my team, always have, but this year we need to focus on the future. We have too many gaping holes in our bullpen and a sputtering offense. Our starting pitching? has also felt the effects of inconsistency and a bit of the injury bug. Hopefully things will turn around in the second half

849884[/snapback]

cabrera is another I would add to the give it all list

849894[/snapback]

Absolutely

Again cherrypicking players. How did what Enc and Mota any different than JP?

You, I, no one here knows what goes on in the clubhouse. Most people that are in there every day probably couldn't get a read on it. All we know are what is reported to the press and what we see during games. So basically compliments abound, and the ever rare negative comment that very likely could be a case of professional jealousy or to cover for oneself.

Fans have no business assigning team leaders.

Again cherrypicking players. How did what Enc and Mota any different than JP?

You, I, no one here knows what goes on in the clubhouse. Most people that are in there every day probably couldn't get a read on it. All we know are what is reported to the press and what we see during games. So basically compliments abound, and the ever rare negative comment that very likely could be a case of professional jealousy or to cover for oneself.

Fans have no business assigning team leaders.

849912[/snapback]

Go back and re-read. I NEVER said anything about Juan E. And we do know, as fans, what does on in the clubhouse, becuase the media makes it public news. That is how we know

Here is some old Josh Beckett News excerpts...

Last October, Dan Le Batard shared the following story about Josh Beckett (http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20031026014127.26660.00000125%40mb-m17.aol.com&output=gplain):

Josh Beckett's overt arrogance has resulted in teammate Mike Mordecai angrily dumping a basket of baseball in Beckett's locker after Beckett didn't help pick up balls after batting practice.

This past June, the Sun Sentinel News (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/) ran a story that included the following:

Still steamed over getting placed on the disabled list immediately after a blister forced him out of Sunday's game, Beckett used the terms "jackass" and "idiot" to describe a team trainer. [Manager] McKeon didn't find it amusing

And, now, in a Palm Beach Post story (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/content/sports/epaper/2004/10/10/a12b_capozzi_1010.html) we have more news on Beckett:

After coming out of a start against the Braves in September, Beckett was stewing over a hit that had been credited to Rafael Furcal.

If Furcal had reached on an error, Beckett would have gotten a quality start. Sitting in the dugout, Beckett demanded Rosenthal call the press box ? during the game ? and persuade the official scorer to change the call to an error. (Never mind how many plays shortstop Alex Gonzalez had made for Beckett all year.)

Rosenthal refused, so Beckett called the press box himself, then bad-mouthed the pitching coach to his teammates.

Now, I know that Beckett is just a 24 year old kid - and kids do stupid things out of a lack of maturity. Still, someone close to Beckett has to tell him that pitchers who have yet to win 10 games in a big league season should be seen and not heard. Yes, he was a post-season hero in 2003 and carried the Marlins to a ring. But, he's just 26-26 in the big leagues since arriving in 2001 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?statsId=6403) and that's not all that and a

The media doesn't make it public though. If anything they cloud our perception. They protect the players that give them leads and out those that are not receptive.

849933[/snapback]

Yeah? Tell that to Randy Johnson, Kenny Rogers, Barry Bonds, too many to name

The media doesn't make it public though. If anything they cloud our perception. They protect the players that give them leads and out those that are not receptive.

849933[/snapback]

Read the excerpts above from various South Florida newspaper and tell me that they don't make these things known to the sports fans of South Florida

I read the South Florida papers daily. If you'd look back into the archives you'd see that I regularly post a collection of quotes, snippets and links collected from the SoFlo and national papers when I have the chance in the mornings.

They don't tell you much of anything. What they do is most glad-handing or misguided anger. The beat writers make a living off the teams they cover. They need sources. They may or may not want the team to win. They just want the story. Occasionally they'll make one up if they can get away with it. They recognize hat their livelihood is directly linked to the success and popularity of baseball in the region, so they are protective of it, its teams and its personnel.

Here's why I'm a buyer:

The wildcard almost has to come out of the NL East, and with all the head to heads left to play against our division, we stand a better chance to control our destiny than if we needed help from a team like the Brewers or Rockies.

Here's why I'm a seller:

There is too much wrong with this team (injuries, inconsistencies, age) to warrant sinking even more into a rapidly disappearing season, especially considering the bounty Juan Encarnacion (did I just type that?) could bring as the most desireable outfielder on the market.

There's going to be some serious soul searching this All-Star-Break...I can't fault Beinfest for going either way with this thing...

the bright side is spunny is almost ready and AA is back soon as the all star break is over they say. If you put those two into the pen then we become deadly. If we can keep beckett up then we have the best starting rotation in the majors with olsen taking Al's spot.

We need to get a big rbi making bat. Not trade enc, unless it is getting us our own bat. Not Dunn, I was thinking perhaps Griffey.

Think of it, it would give us not only a great player to help out. But, even more importantly he would draw folks to the games. His name alone would put 1,000 to 2,000 more in the seats daily.

Of course you might need to fire jack if you wanted him :(

Here is what I'd do. If we could make a trade for a big bat (ARod, Sheff, Teixeira, etc.) trade AJ and other parts to try to win now and set up the future. If we can't, try to get rid of Lowell's contract. If the Dodgers will take it all, give him to them for nothing. If no one will, see if we can get Cabrera and some other prospects from the O's and make them take Lowell's entire contract with AJ.

After getting rid of Lowell, move Cabrera to 3B and bring up Hermida. He is old enough to give a chance to. Maybe he can light a fire under this team. If we can get a lot for Enc, deal him as well and take the chance of Conine/Aguila/Willingham/Hermida at RF/LF. If we could get the Yankees to take Leiter with Enc, do it.

I'd call up Vargas. I'm not an avid minor league follower like a lot of you, but he seems ready.

Do NOT trade Pierre unless we get a pure, young stud (ARod, Teixeira, etc.) in a multiplayer deal. We have him for another year and he is starting to hit.

1. Pierre

2. Castillo

3. Delgado

4. Cabrera (3B)

5. Hermida (RF)

6. Lo Duca

7. Conine/Willingham/Aguilla (LF)

8. Gonzo

1. DTrain

2. Beckett

3. Olsen

4. Moehler

5. Vargas

Let the team see what they can do with the young players. Maybe that is the spark we need. If it doesn't work, they'll get experience for next year. This team won't catch the Braves how it is built right now, much less the Nationals. They just don't seem to give a damn when I've seen them play.

This team has shown you alot(of crap) in this first half.? What do you do?

Do you start shopping around the 2 Juans and AJ Burnett?

Do you make the team who wants AJ Burnett take Mike Lowell off your hands?

Do you start shopping Guillermo Mota too? How about Todd Jones?

Do you allow Chris Aguila to get some PT?(I dont want to get started with who is calling the shots, Jack or Beinfest)

Do you call up some more Mudcats(Vargas and Hermida)?

and finally, you gotta decide if we are buyers or sellers

849753[/snapback]

Based on your questions, it seems like you are leaning more towards selling? Can't disagree, but I think this team should be put on a very short leach.

Give them until 7/24, if we are 4+ games out of the Wild Card then sell the 2 juans, AJ, Todd, Mota, and try to move Lowell.

It is going to be though not to be sellers, we are in a long ass road trip to Philly, Arizona and San Francisco. Can't wait till the last minute to make trades

849771[/snapback]

We already have a very short leach. He owns Dolphins Stadium and used to be in the video rental biz...

:hat

Look, this team needs to remove the "cancerous" players that are nothing but whiners and complainers and have to absolutely move. The following player, in my estimation have to move becuase they are doing us more harm than good and contribute to a negative clubhouse environment:

1. A.J. Burnett (P)

2. Josh Beckett (P)

3. Guillermo Mota (P)

4. Tim Spooneybarger (P) Even though he has not pitched, he was not well liked in Atlanta becuase of his attitude.

849826[/snapback]

Yep, that's definitely the first time I've seen Tim Spooneybarger's name mentioned as part of the problem so far this season.

Astounding. :banghead