July 19, 200521 yr If the Marlins lose 5 of their next 6, I'm gonna become a Red Sox fan.. 864464[/snapback] Have you watched a game at Fenway before? I went July 2nd for the 1st time...it was amazing! My girlfriend and her family are from Boston and the Red Sox are defiently my 2nd favorite team. Baseball is like a religion there. In the streets, after the games, they sell T-shirts that say things like "Jeter drinks wine coolers", Bernie sucks randy's johnson, Posada is a little bitch....lol
July 19, 200521 yr If the Marlins lose 5 of their next 6, I'm gonna become a Red Sox fan.. 864464[/snapback] Have you watched a game at Fenway before? I went July 2nd for the 1st time...it was amazing! My girlfriend and her family are from Boston and the Red Sox are defiently my 2nd favorite team. Baseball is like a religion there. In the streets, after the games, they sell T-shirts that say things like "Jeter drinks wine coolers", Bernie sucks randy's johnson, Posada is a little bitch....lol 864651[/snapback] I've never been out of Florida.. Does that answer your question? I wanna go to Fenway, I don't care if I have to sit in the back row of center or all the way at the back behind home or whatever, I wanna go see a game there!
July 19, 200521 yr I'm used to losing these games. Infact, I expect to lose these game everynight. It's not heartbreaking anymore, it's like any other game. It just shows how sad watching this team has become. Always expecting to lose a tight game.
July 19, 200521 yr I've never heard anyone threaten to jump off a bandwagon to jump on another. Somebody in this thread mentioned that winning a world series is so much more meaningful when you watch a team struggle for years to get there. That is 100% true. I don't even know how anyone could be happy jumping on someone's bandwagon in the middle of the season just to see them win the WS. Like if I were to watch any other team in the league play in the World Series and win, I just wouldn't really feel anything. I might get goosebumps from all the excitement, but it certainly won't bring tears to my eyes or cause me to jump all over the place cheering. The Marlins are my only source of hope for enjoying a World Series victory. Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win.
July 19, 200521 yr Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win. 864762[/snapback] Hey I'd like world peace but lets face it, both things aren't going to happen.
July 19, 200521 yr Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win. 864762[/snapback] Hey I'd like world peace but lets face it, both things aren't going to happen. 864771[/snapback] Im sorry but after that series with the cubs and their POS fans I could care less if they EVER win. F*** all cubs fans
July 19, 200521 yr I'm used to losing these games. Infact, I expect to lose these game everynight. It's not heartbreaking anymore, it's like any other game. It just shows how sad watching this team has become. Always expecting to lose a tight game. 864671[/snapback] hah, I'm the same way. Once we get behind (because god forbid we actully have a lead in the game) I usually just laugh and switch the channel because I know we're going to lose. I check back periodicly to see our deficit increase and laugh some more and then change the channel again. Its sad but thats what it has come to. Expecting a loss and left conmfused with a win.
July 19, 200521 yr Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win. 864762[/snapback] Hey I'd like world peace but lets face it, both things aren't going to happen. 864771[/snapback] Im sorry but after that series with the cubs and their POS fans I could care less if they EVER win. F*** all cubs fans 864774[/snapback] I'm feeling the same way right now, but there will come a time when I will start feeling sorry for them again. I was raised as a Cubs fan by my Mom, but never quite cared enough or caught on. While at Wrigley in my Marlins gear, a lot of people made rude comments to me but there were also a lot of nice people too. Cubs fans are usually pretty nice in Chicago. I got to sit by two cute girls at the game on June 13th. They were pretty nice.
July 19, 200521 yr Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win. 864762[/snapback] Hey I'd like world peace but lets face it, both things aren't going to happen. 864771[/snapback] Im sorry but after that series with the cubs and their POS fans I could care less if they EVER win. F*** all cubs fans 864774[/snapback] I'm feeling the same way right now, but there will come a time when I will start feeling sorry for them again. I was raised as a Cubs fan by my Mom, but never quite cared enough or caught on. While at Wrigley in my Marlins gear, a lot of people made rude comments to me but there were also a lot of nice people too. Cubs fans are usually pretty nice in Chicago. I got to sit by two cute girls at the game on June 13th. They were pretty nice. 864804[/snapback] I guess I went a little overboard there as I'm sure not all Cubs fans are like that. I'm sure it was just a bad few and the majority are nice people, your mom included. But those Cubs fans at that series were by far the worst I have ever encountered, even worst them Mets and Phillies fans.
July 19, 200521 yr Sure, I'd like to see the Cubs win in my lifetime and maybe the Rangers too since I lived near Arlington for so long and rooted for them in the AL... But it still doesn't come close to a Marlins win. 864762[/snapback] Hey I'd like world peace but lets face it, both things aren't going to happen. 864771[/snapback] Im sorry but after that series with the cubs and their POS fans I could care less if they EVER win. F*** all cubs fans 864774[/snapback] I'm feeling the same way right now, but there will come a time when I will start feeling sorry for them again. I was raised as a Cubs fan by my Mom, but never quite cared enough or caught on. While at Wrigley in my Marlins gear, a lot of people made rude comments to me but there were also a lot of nice people too. Cubs fans are usually pretty nice in Chicago. I got to sit by two cute girls at the game on June 13th. They were pretty nice. 864804[/snapback] I guess I went a little overboard there as I'm sure not all Cubs fans are like that. I'm sure it was just a bad few and the majority are nice people, your mom included. But those Cubs fans at that series were by far the worst I have ever encountered, even worst them Mets and Phillies fans. 864806[/snapback] Yeah, I saw some of the pictures of some of those fans holding up "Pierre is a lil Queer" sign or something. That is just sad. I would be so embarrassed to represent the Marlins by going to a game and holding up insulting or vulgar signs about the other team's players. That is something that has always bugged me about some fans. It seems like they try harder to root against their rivals than they do to root for their own team. My roommate who is a Yankees fan spends more time yelling "Boston sucks!" than he does "Go Yankees!"
July 19, 200521 yr amazing.. Im 14, started Baseball when I was 12. Not been around long, and I'm deciding to make my choice, and as I said, I was spoiled with winning in 2003. And you're jumping down my throat for a choice that I am making for MYSELF. Not any of you. 864511[/snapback] Hey, it's your choice...do what you gotta do, but if you are going to come on a Marlins board and talk about jumping ship because things aren't going well, what do you expect everyone to do, throw you a party?? Marlin fans as a whole get a bad rap primarily because of people like you so telling everyone here that you are a bandwagonner is a sure way to get people around here to get on your case...
July 19, 200521 yr amazing.. Im 14, started Baseball when I was 12. Not been around long, and I'm deciding to make my choice, and as I said, I was spoiled with winning in 2003. And you're jumping down my throat for a choice that I am making for MYSELF. Not any of you. 864511[/snapback] Hey, it's your choice...do what you gotta do, but if you are going to come on a Marlins board and talk about jumping ship because things aren't going well, what do you expect everyone to do, throw you a party?? Marlin fans as a whole get a bad rap primarily because of people like you so telling everyone here that you are a bandwagonner is a sure way to get people around here to get on your case... 865512[/snapback] People like me? I'm not the only one. Wait - why am I arguing? It won't stop anytime soon so whatever.
July 19, 200521 yr amazing.. Im 14, started Baseball when I was 12. Not been around long, and I'm deciding to make my choice, and as I said, I was spoiled with winning in 2003. And you're jumping down my throat for a choice that I am making for MYSELF. Not any of you. 864511[/snapback] Hey, it's your choice...do what you gotta do, but if you are going to come on a Marlins board and talk about jumping ship because things aren't going well, what do you expect everyone to do, throw you a party?? Marlin fans as a whole get a bad rap primarily because of people like you so telling everyone here that you are a bandwagonner is a sure way to get people around here to get on your case... 865512[/snapback] People like me? I'm not the only one. Wait - why am I arguing? It won't stop anytime soon so whatever. 865517[/snapback] You're definitely not the only one, but you are the only one I know who has come on here proclaiming to be a bandwaggoner, everyone else just does it through their actions...again, if that's what you want to do, then go ahead, nobody can stop you...but I'm not really sure how you were expecting people to respond on here...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.