I see my team lose a heartbreaker live....

mva5580

Guest Lissy

the same night I see rain for the very first time in Arizona since I moved here in may. It's been that kind of season. :(

864447[/snapback]

Wow, I'm sorry. I know how you feel. This WAS heartbreaking. I don't know what to think or say anymore, something is very wrong with this team . :(

If the Marlins lose 5 of their next 6, I'm gonna become a Red Sox fan..

864464[/snapback]

Hey, don't wait, jump ship now! When the Marlins start winning again you can come back. THAT WAY YOU GET TO ALWAYS WATCH A WINNER, COOL! :cool :D :lol

864485[/snapback]

Nah..

If they lose 5 of the next 6, or the first 5, then I'm w/ the Red Sox..

been following them all this year, and I've watched most of the Marlin's games.

IF, and only IF, they are really winning in mid-August, then I'll come back and watch.

I'll still post here of course.

BenderRobot...

Here is the typical south Florida sports fan. Jump on a winner until they lose. Hey, the Braves are winning, you can cheer for them. As a matter of fact, there are six division leaders, why not cheer for all of them. That brings the odds of your team making the world series pretty damn high.

Awhile back there was a thread asking why the Marlins and their fans get no respect... BenderRobot's post is exhibit number one.

Pretty damn sad if you ask me. :thumbdown

BenderRobot...

Here is the typical south Florida sports fan. Jump on a winner until they lose. Hey, the Braves are winning, you can cheer for them. As a matter of fact, there are six division leaders, why not cheer for all of them. That brings the odds of your team making the world series pretty damn high.

Awhile back there was a thread asking why the Marlins and their fans get no respect... BenderRobot's post is exhibit number one.

864492[/snapback]

I jumped on them in 2003, when I started my Baseball life. Mid-2003, when I didn't even know what a freakin double play was. When I didn't know what the cycle was, or about 85% of the game. I joined the Marlins fanbase when they we're winning, and that spoiled me pretty quickly. So I'm sure the fans that have been there for alot longer are more dedicated, and so, as I am not as dedicated as them, I made my post. I only watched the '97 WS, because, as a ton of South Florida is with Baseball, they only watch when something really big is happening.

Therefore, my closing statement is, that I will do what I feel in Baseball on which team I want to be around.

Thank you.

If the Marlins lose 5 of their next 6, I'm gonna become a Red Sox fan..

864464[/snapback]

Hey, don't wait, jump ship now! When the Marlins start winning again you can come back. THAT WAY YOU GET TO ALWAYS WATCH A WINNER, COOL! :cool :D :lol

864485[/snapback]

Nah..

If they lose 5 of the next 6, or the first 5, then I'm w/ the Red Sox..

been following them all this year, and I've watched most of the Marlin's games.

IF, and only IF, they are really winning in mid-August, then I'll come back and watch.

I'll still post here of course.

864488[/snapback]

Sarcasm?

The reward is so much higher when you spend long days, years, watching a team struggle to finally find them holding a trophy somewhere down the line.

BenderRobot...

864492[/snapback]

I jumped on them in 2003, when I started my Baseball life. Mid-2003, when I didn't even know what a freakin double play was. When I didn't know what the cycle was, or about 85% of the game. I joined the Marlins fanbase when they we're winning, and that spoiled me pretty quickly. So I'm sure the fans that have been there for alot longer are more dedicated, and so, as I am not as dedicated as them, I made my post. I only watched the '97 WS, because, as a ton of South Florida is with Baseball, they only watch when something really big is happening.

Therefore, my closing statement is, that I will do what I feel in Baseball on which team I want to be around.

Thank you.

864494[/snapback]

Wow......I can't even comprehend what this guy is talking about....the bandwagon/fair-weather mentality is just a foreign concept to me and I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Check the Nationals forum...it's full of bandwagon fans.

864502[/snapback]

I don't think that's a fair comparison. The Nats are in a new town where fans have just now given the opportunity to truly follow them...the key will be to see how many stick around if/when things turn bad up in DC.

amazing..

Im 14, started Baseball when I was 12.

Not been around long, and I'm deciding to make my choice, and as I said, I was spoiled with winning in 2003.

And you're jumping down my throat for a choice that I am making for MYSELF. Not any of you.

tell me how THIS game is heartbreaking? the team went down 7-4 and got lit up in the middle of the game. thye never had the lead. yeah, so what, they got their late runs and tied up the game but they've done that plenty of times. its funny how this team scores runs only after their pitching gives up a ton. now if we had played with a lead then lost the game THEN it would have been heartbreaking. you had to be expecting this after phily and the cubs dismantled us. heartbreaking? I would say "just about right" with regards to how this team has been playing all season.