Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why can't we...

Featured Replies

does ANYONE have an answer to this horrible mystery? I'm not making a topic about losing faith or fire Jack or anything like that...we're still fine and will likely end this homestand with a winning record...but you know, we'll never explode with some streaks and we'll never sweep anyone if we can't simply win the first game of a series!

 

has anyone heard of this nuisance happening to any other "good" ballclubs...(meaning I'm sure the Royals lose a lot of series openers)...any winning teams have this problem? And what in the world is the solution? :banghead

Well, the answer for the last two first games (Pitt and San Fran) was pitching.

 

I'm more concerned that we seem to have a serious condition when it comes to winning more than 2 in a row. We need a 4 or 5 game winning streak if we're going to make up some ground...

if we lose the 1st game and take the next two games every time i would take that

876097[/snapback]

 

Same here. Winning 2 out of every 3 would be huge. Doesn't matter what order we win the games in.

Wow, June 24th is very bad. That's like being a last place club. Oops, we are one. I don't know. I personally have said that the team isn't aggressive enough.

 

I know one thing; while we are losing the first game of every series, it's just a matter of time before that Braves team starts one of their annual 7-10 game winning streaks in which they end up winning about 15 games in a 20 game span. If that happens while we're flirting with mediocrity, this season is over. I'm not sure that I want to compete with the Astros or Cubbies for the Wild Card. Those teams are really good when everything is in place.

 

:confused

Well I think the braves are doing that already personally. That is how they are up there and seem to win these close games always like last night. But, I dont know why we cant seem to win the first game. God it annoys me though. We should of won last night against the pirates. Why cant we beat the stinking pirates?

  • Author

eh...i just realized, it was Puerto Rican Heritage night...I guess Roberto Clemente > Carlos Delgado...live with it... :plain

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.