Jim Kelly's son dies

geemoney

sad to see a child die and to be affected with a horrible disease ... my thoughts go out to his family, even if he is a prick

I had a kid in my home town who had cancer run into Jim at the beach and ask for an autograph .... of course Jim tries to hit him up for $20 .... granted it was personal time and the kid didn't announce his affliction, but the kid was still bald and thin from the chemo ....

also he is so classy he gets smacked by harbaugh

there are many other stories where this guy has acted like an arrogant punk

even with that it is indeed sad when anything bad happens to a child, regardless of who their parents are

sad to see a child die and to be affected with a horrible disease ... my thoughts go out to his family, even if he is a prick

I had a kid in my home town who had cancer run into Jim at the beach and ask for an autograph .... of course Jim tries to hit him up for $20 .... granted it was personal time and the kid didn't announce his affliction, but the kid was still bald and thin from the chemo ....

also he is so classy he gets smacked by harbaugh

there are many other stories where this guy has acted like an arrogant punk

even with that it is indeed sad when anything bad happens to a child, regardless of who their parents are

890013[/snapback]

I've met him a bunch of times and had the opposite experience (always a good guy), and know plenty of other people who have too, but I've heard things like this before, though not to the degree of getting money from a cancer patient. There's no excuse for that.

Guess it depends on what day you meet someone, like always.

R.I.P. Hunter

no kidding .... small world

i grew up in Bath, about 20 minutes away ... i had some cousins who grew up on Cohocton

did you ever make it out to Elmira Pioneer games back when the marlins were affiliated?

890026[/snapback]

Once. I remember going with my father and grandfather, and I remember I had a program around here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.