yusmier pettit for delgado

who murder 2pac

Delgado isnt going to the mets, dont worry about it. If he is dealt he will be dealt to the AL

Watch what happens with Kornerko. If he doesnt go back to the WS. You might see Delgado heading to chicago with Pierre.

Delgado + Pierre = Rowand, McCarthy, Marte + top prospect.

McCarthy could step right in for Beckett into the rotation, Marte would be our closer. Rowand is one of the best defensive CF in the game.

Another option is Seattle doesnt like how Jeremy Reed isnt developing his power enough. Well They want Delgado.

Delgado = Reed, Top pitching prospect, + something else nice.

Both scenerio's are better then Pettit (weak fastball), Nady (cheap crap), Jacobs (I hit lefites worse then choi), heilman

I like the Ws idea best

mets_bs, what is Jacobs like defensively at catcher?

Here's the 2006 BA scouting report on Jacobs:

4. MIKE JACOBS, 1b Age: 25 B-T: L-R Ht: 6-2 Wt.: 200

Drafted: Grossmont (Calif.) JC, 1999 (38th round) Signed by: Bob Minor

Background: The Mets? minor league player of the year in 2003, Jacobs missed most of the following season with a torn labrum. He came back to win the Eastern League MVP and organization player of the year awards in 2005, and became the first big leaguer ever to homer four times in his first four games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strengths:

Jacobs is primarily a pull hitter with power, but he can drive the ball to the opposite field on occasion. He has a smooth lefthanded stroke and is a purely offensive player. Though the Mets benched him against lefties, he handled them well in Double-A, posting a .896 OPS.

Weaknesses:

While he came up as a catcher, Jacobs split time behind the plate and at first base in Double-A and only played first in his brief stint in New York. He has below-average catch-and-throw skills, but is adequate at first. His swing can get long at times, and plate discipline has never been his strong suit.

The Future:

The Mets have yet to decide if they will give him a shot behind the plate, but they?re also in the market for a first baseman. Without an offseason move, he?s their best in-house option for 2006.

If we wouldn't deal Thrilledge for Manny, he isn't leaving for Delgado. You can have Petit, I'd rather deal him than other top pitching prospect on this team (Gaby Hernandez, Humber, Pelfrey)

Pelfrey signed?

Also, I'd rather have Humber than Petit, but I don't want another friggin' SP prospect. Nor would I want to face Carlos 19 times a year.

You really think Marte can close? lol Did you see him pitch in the playoffs?

He could be a viable setup man at least. But yes I think he could turn into a closer. It is what beinfest wanted him for last year.

I think you got that mixed up. Beinfest was not seeking a closer to replace Jones mid-season.