High Prairie viable destination?

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Alright the city site is dead. So now the search begins for a site around the county.

Since Hialeah is mentioned in another thread...

No, I'm not thinking of the Hialeah Park site. Last year the city of Hialeah bought an enormous piece of land north of Hialeah Gardens. Just so happens I-75 runs on the eastern most part of this property, and what runs on the western most part of this propert you ask? Florida's Turnpike. :mischief

:mischief

It's the best possible site I can come up with in Miami-Dade that makes a good portion of both sides happy (well IMO).

Guys do the following:

1. Check to make sure this passed in the election.

2. Make sure the property wasnt developed otherwise.

3. Write a concise letter in business style to Every local radio, Television place and to the marlins FO too over the information.

Perhaps just maybe you can turn it into a rumored good place. If so, you never know what can happen.

Guys do the following:

1. Check to make sure this passed in the election.

2. Make sure the property wasnt developed otherwise.

3. Write a concise letter in business style to Every local radio, Television place and to the marlins FO too over the information.

Perhaps just maybe you can turn it into a rumored good place. If so, you never know what can happen.

1. It did

2. IT hasnt

3. Okay

No, because the city of Miami was going to pitch in some money. Hialeah has yet to actually give some money. THey will give the land to the Marlins however. Hialeah is a proud city, who was once nationally known for their race track and it is ready to re-develop this area and make it great again. Hialeah is a big city with more than 200,000 inhabitants. Hialeah is also a great location, because it is 30 minutes away from many major south florida cities. Miami, Miami Beach, Downtown Miami, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Coral Gables, Kendall are all 30 mins away from Hialeah

Dont listen to me though, because I am biased toward Hialeah, because I live there (51st and W 4th Ave) about 2 mins from the proposed area. I do remember in the recent elections that one of the candidates for mayor made it clear that Hialeah has something like 200 million stored in a bank

Hialeah has a bad rap for being too Hispanic. I think that it is a shame that we are not respected anymore and lets face facts; Hialeah is not a tourist destination and Miami is. That being said, I think with the County money, Hialeah can make a run for the stadium and have it built here. The area around Hialeah park kinda reminds me of the area next to both Yankee stadium and Wrigley field

Guest Moneyball

If this was viable, wouldnt the Marlins have taken it and run with it?

Marlins had the City of Miami blinders on.

Click the thumbnail to make the image of the site go full size

Yep that's the site. The city had a main street/small town type thing planned for it I believe. Ballpark Village? :mischief There was a battle between whether to make this site industrial or residential. Robaina was backed by developers and we all know who won. :mischief

EDIT: My house is on that satellite pic so you know I like it. :mischief