Pierre to Cubs a definite?

Lock

I didn't see this posted. If it was, then feel free to delete Mods.

Juan Pierre To Cubs Complete

670 The Score in Chicago and RotoWorld are reporting that the Cubs have finalized their deal for center fielder Juan Pierre. Left-handed starter Renyel Pinto and two other unknown prospects will head to the Marlins in the deal.

The trade was originally reported by Bruce Levine on ESPN Radio 1000 on November 14th. After speaking with Bruce, MLBTradeRumors.com was able to narrow the possible prospects down to a list of five pitchers.

The Cubs hope Pierre can bounce back after posting his lowest OBP since his rookie season. Pierre's game is reliant upon his ability to get on base. He's a subpar defender; Pierre posted the worst range factor in Major League Baseball in 2005 among regular center fielders.

The Marlins continue to stack up promising young pitchers as their fire sale continues. Pinto struggled mightily in six Triple A starts, but did an admirable job in 129 Double A innings this year. The stint in Triple A Iowa was his second failed attempt at that level. Pinto continues to be plagued by his high walk rate, but hasn't yet gotten a fair shake in Iowa.

Baseball America ranked the 23 year-old righthander 6th among Cubs prospects entering the 2005 season. He has a good changeup, lively fastball, and deceptive delivery.

Did I read correctly in another thread that the Marlins were going to wait for Loria to get back from Italy before any more trading scenarios would take place. I wouldn't believe to much that comes out of Rotoworl or Chi-Town anyways.

But, if this trade is true I would suspect that Beinfest is out of his mind. :banghead