remaining free agent list

Lane1974

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=2256065

NEW YORK -- The 136 remaining free agents (a-offered arbitration and may negotiate with former team through Jan. 8; players have until Dec. 19 to accept offers):< ^AMERICAN LEAGUE=

BALTIMORE (6) -- James Baldwin, rhp; Jason Grimsley, rhp; Eli Marrero, of; Rafael Palmeiro, 1b; Sammy Sosa, of; B.J. Surhoff, of.

BOSTON (7) -- a-Johnny Damon, of; a-Tony Graffanino, 2b; Matt Mantei, rhp; Kevin Millar; 1b; a-Bill Mueller, 3b; Mike Myers, lhp; John Olerud, 1b.

CHICAGO (3) -- Raul Casanova, c; Carl Everett, dh; Frank Thomas, dh.

CLEVELAND (4) -- a-Scott Elarton, rhp; Juan Gonzalez, of; Jose Hernandez, 1b; a-Kevin Millwood, rhp.

DETROIT (4) -- Jason Johnson, rhp; Bobby Higginson, of; Fernando Vina, 2b; Rondell White, of.

KANSAS CITY (4) -- Brian Anderson, lhp; Denny Hocking, of; Jose Lima, rhp; Scott Sullivan, rhp.

LOS ANGELES (3) -- Jason Christiansen, lhp; Bengie Molina, c; Jarrod Washburn, lhp.

MINNESOTA (3) -- a-Jacque Jones, of; Joe Mays, rhp; Terry Mulholland, lhp.

NEW YORK (11) -- Kevin Brown, rhp; Alan Embree, lhp; John Flaherty, c; Matt Lawton, of; a-Al Leiter, lhp; Tino Martinez, 1b; a-Ramiro Mendoza, rhp; Felix Rodriguez, rhp; Rey Sanchez, ss; Ruben Sierra, dh; a-Bernie Williams, of.

OAKLAND (5) -- Alberto Castillo, c; Octavio Dotel, rhp; Erubiel Durazo, dh; Scott Hatteberg, dh; a-Ricardo Rincon, lhp.

SEATTLE (5) -- Shigetoshi Hasegawa, rhp; Dave Hansen, 1b; Jeff Nelson, rhp; Pokey Reese, ss. Dan Wilson, c.

TAMPA BAY (5) -- Roberto Alomar, 2b; Danny Bautista, of; a-Alex S. Gonzalez, 3b; a-Travis Lee, 1b; a-Eduardo A. Perez, 1b.

TEXAS (5) -- Doug Brocail, rhp; Greg Colbrunn, 1b; Richard Hidalgo, of; Steve Karsay, rhp; Kenny Rogers, lhp.

------= ^NATIONAL LEAGUE=

ARIZONA (3) -- Royce Clayton, ss; Shawn Estes, lhp; Buddy Groom, lhp.

ATLANTA (4) -- Todd Hollandsworth, of; a-Brian Jordan, of; a-Eduardo Perez, c; Jay Powell, rhp.

CHICAGO (3) -- Jeromy Burnitz, of; Chad Fox, rhp; Nomar Garciaparra, ss.

CINCINNATI (2) -- a-Rich Aurilia, 2b; Luis Lopez, 3b.

COLORADO (4) -- Todd Greene, c; a-Byung-Hyun Kim, rhp; Dan Miceli, rhp; Jamey Wright, rhp.

FLORIDA (9) -- Antonio Alfonseca, rhp; Jeff Conine, of; Damion Easley, 2b; Juan Encarnacion, of; Alex Gonzalez, ss; Jim Mecir, rhp; Mike Mordecai, 3b; Paul Quantrill, rhp; Ismael Valdez, rhp.

HOUSTON (3) -- a-Brad Ausmus, c; Roger Clemens, rhp; Jose Vizcaino, 2b.

LOS ANGELES (3) -- Paul Bako, c; Darren Dreifort, rhp; a-Jeff Weaver, rhp.

MILWAUKEE (1) -- Wes Helms, 3b.

NEW YORK (11) -- Miguel Cairo, 2b; Mike DeFelice, c; Danny Graves, rhp; Roberto Hernandez, rhp; Braden Looper, rhp; Doug Mientkiewicz, 1b; Jose Offerman, 1b; Mike Piazza, c; Felix Heredia, lhp; Shingo Takatsu, rhp; Gerald Williams of.

PHILADELPHIA (4) -- Kenny Lofton, of; Ramon E. Martinez, ss; Michael Tucker, of; Ugueth Urbina, rhp.

PITTSBURGH (3) -- Brian Meadows, rhp; Daryle Ward, 1b; Rick White, rhp.

ST. LOUIS (8) -- Einar Diaz, c; Cal Eldred, rhp; Mark Grudzielanek, 2b; a-Matt Morris, rhp; Al Reyes, rhp; Reggie Sanders, of; Julian Tavarez, rhp; Admin Walker, of.

SAN DIEGO (6) -- a-Pedro Astacio, rhp; Robert Fick, c; Chris Hammond, lhp; a-Ramon J. Hernandez, c; Joe Randa, 3b; Rudy Seanez, rhp.

SAN FRANCISCO (2) -- J.T. Snow, 1b; Brett Tomko, rhp.

WASHINGTON (5) -- a-Tony Armas Jr., rhp; Carlos Baerga, 3b; a-Joey Eischen, lhp; Jeffrey Hammonds, of; Preston Wilson, of. of

How about the Johnny Damon character? I hear he's pretty good and we might be able to get him cheap because of his long hair and stuff.

What you guys think?

:lol Im bored

How about the Johnny Damon character? I hear he's pretty good and we might be able to get him cheap because of his long hair and stuff.

What you guys think?

:lol Im bored

LOL i was about to say man...

Maybe I'll stand alone but I dont think we should try to sign alot of free agents. We are going to stink next year accept that fact , than think what is best for the future : Plyaing young guys to get them experience and to see what ones we should keep or let go OR sign a stop gap older player who if he has a good year will be gone a year later.....I'd rather go all the way with the market correction inspired youth movement. Maybe the only position i would look to signing a free agent is catcher to help our extremely young and raw pitchers

Maybe I'll stand alone but I dont think we should try to sign alot of free agents. We are going to stink next year accept that fact , than think what is best for the future : Plyaing young guys to get them experience and to see what ones we should keep or let go OR sign a stop gap older player who if he has a good year will be gone a year later.....I'd rather go all the way with the market correction inspired youth movement. Maybe the only position i would look to signing a free agent is catcher to help our extremely young and raw pitchers

i would agree to some extent...yes we should play or young kids, but if we know some of them could use another year in the minors to develop then we should sign a free agent instead...one less year in the majors=one more year til arrbitration and free agency

If you can help it at all, you don't throw the kids completely to the wolves. Winning some while rebuilding goes a lot further than saying "ah, who cares if we lose 100."

Hanley, Jacobs, Willingham...those guys need to play, it's positions like center-field, possibly left-field, and probably second-base, that could use a moderate priced veteran to ease this whole thing along, given the lack of organizational long term depth at those positions.