December 12, 200520 yr Right now they are 15th http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standings?se...kdown=1&split=0
December 12, 200520 yr They'll be the best team not to make the playoffs if they don't, I think. Two of K.C., S.D., and Pittsburgh will miss in the AFC, and at least one of ATL (who I think isn't very good, but whatever), CAR, and T.B in the NFC. It'll be very debatable depending on how other teams finish up, but it's a good conversation. They're looking to finish on a real hot streak, similar to the one the Bills went on to close the year last season except that the 'Fins have actually beat a good team during the streak (S.D.) and probably have a better long term outlook after this season than the Bills did after 2004, namely because they have a coach who seems to know what he's doing most of the time. If the Pats don't make some moves in the offseason to improve, the 'Fins can catch them next year if they get a QB
December 12, 200520 yr Now the fins have a possible shot at Wild Card and division (although division is far more likely, even if the percentages suck) They'll be the best team not to make the playoffs if they don't, I think. Two of K.C., S.D., and Pittsburgh will miss in the AFC, and at least one of ATL (who I think isn't very good, but whatever), CAR, and T.B in the NFC. It'll be very debatable depending on how other teams finish up, but it's a good conversation. They're looking to finish on a real hot streak, similar to the one the Bills went on to close the year last season except that the 'Fins have actually beat a good team during the streak (S.D.) and probably have a better long term outlook after this season than the Bills did after 2004, namely because they have a coach who seems to know what he's doing most of the time. If the Pats don't make some moves in the offseason to improve, the 'Fins can catch them next year if they get a QB Miami beat both San Diego and Carolina this season, BARELY lost to Atlanta. If not for that rediculous loss to NO, we'd be sitting pretty this year.
December 12, 200520 yr If you're going by the who beat who criteria, they lost to K.C., ATL (at home, even if it was close), and Tampa (who should make the playoffs barring a complete collapse, making them not an issue here), though I don't think that's always the best way to evaluate who is better
December 12, 200520 yr Now the fins have a possible shot at Wild Card and division (although division is far more likely, even if the percentages suck) They'll be the best team not to make the playoffs if they don't, I think. Two of K.C., S.D., and Pittsburgh will miss in the AFC, and at least one of ATL (who I think isn't very good, but whatever), CAR, and T.B in the NFC. It'll be very debatable depending on how other teams finish up, but it's a good conversation. They're looking to finish on a real hot streak, similar to the one the Bills went on to close the year last season except that the 'Fins have actually beat a good team during the streak (S.D.) and probably have a better long term outlook after this season than the Bills did after 2004, namely because they have a coach who seems to know what he's doing most of the time. If the Pats don't make some moves in the offseason to improve, the 'Fins can catch them next year if they get a QB Miami beat both San Diego and Carolina this season, BARELY lost to Atlanta. If not for that rediculous loss to NO, we'd be sitting pretty this year. We beat NO.
December 12, 200520 yr I think he meant Cleveland. That ridiculous loss to Cleveland. Yes, thanks for the clarification.
December 12, 200520 yr here's hoping we get the 20th pick in the draft. Wouldn't that put us in the playoffs?
December 13, 200520 yr would we draft a qb or can we possibly trade for one..............say daunte culpepper or david carr.
December 13, 200520 yr They'll be the best team not to make the playoffs if they don't, I think. I'm sorry.... :lol
December 13, 200520 yr They'll be the best team not to make the playoffs if they don't, I think. I'm sorry.... :lol List them off, my abhorring friend. If Miami wins out they'll be 9-7. Cheespuffs and dog meat, Dodge. Cheespuffs and dog meat.
December 13, 200520 yr You've got Minnesota, Chicago, New York Giants, Dallas, Washington, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Denver, San Diego. Half of these teams won't make the playoffs. Miami cannot beat all of the teams, whichever they may be, that will miss the playoffs.
December 13, 200520 yr You've got Minnesota, Chicago, New York Giants, Dallas, Washington, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Denver, San Diego. Half of these teams won't make the playoffs. Miami cannot beat all of the teams, whichever they may be, that will miss the playoffs. Well, they CAN beat all of them. And they're probably better than Minnesota. But they definitely won't be the best team to miss the playoffs.
December 13, 200520 yr Ok Dodge, well I guess it's time for another Lefty promise. Miami wins out, finishes at 9-7. At that time, you will admit that they are the best team not to make the playoffs, should they not make the playoffs. Done and done.
December 13, 200520 yr They're probably better than Minnesota and Washington. Atlanta, Dallas, Carolina, Kansas City, and San Diego are arguable. I'd say yes to Minnesota, Washington, and Atlanta, no to everyone else, even if they win out at 9-7.
December 13, 200520 yr Ok Dodge, well I guess it's time for another Lefty promise. Miami wins out, finishes at 9-7. At that time, you will admit that they are the best team not to make the playoffs, should they not make the playoffs. Done and done. We'll have to take a look when the playoffs are set.
December 13, 200520 yr Ok Dodge, well I guess it's time for another Lefty promise. Miami wins out, finishes at 9-7. At that time, you will admit that they are the best team not to make the playoffs, should they not make the playoffs. Done and done. Someone's gonna miss at 10-6 this year.
December 13, 200520 yr Ok Dodge, well I guess it's time for another Lefty promise. Miami wins out, finishes at 9-7. At that time, you will admit that they are the best team not to make the playoffs, should they not make the playoffs. Done and done. Someone's gonna miss at 10-6 this year. Not in the AFC. SD will likely finish at least 9-7. They have a ridiculously hard final 3 games. I bet Pitt loses at Minny next week.
December 13, 200520 yr There are 4 teams in the AFC fighting for a WC with at least 8 wins. One has 9. Basically, you're saying that two of the three WC teams with 8 wins will go 1-2. I find this unlikely.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.